I have went to school to be a medical assistant / pharmacy Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

powell501@yahoo.com in Rockwell City, Iowa

30 months ago

I can't get a job in medical assisting or pharmacy tech any where I have been trying for along time, I have school loans to pay back and can't find a job to get the chance to pay them. I need help to finding a job in either one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KelleyG in Enterprise, Alabama

22 months ago

I feel you. I'm a medical assistant but I only do reception. I have about $6,000 in loans to pay off but I barely make over minimum wage. I'm thankful to be getting the experience but I need to be making more money. The field for MA's in my area is very competitive. Openings are very rare and without experience, you're out of luck. I haven't taken certification exam and I will do so in March. I'm thinking I should until I'm certified before I make a drastic change in careers but my bills disagree. So I'm thinking I should enter into either pharmacy tech training or medical billing and coding. I'm just worried I won't find a job. I think we both need some solid answers to our dilemmas. By the way, I got hired where I interned. If I hadn't interned there for two months, I'm sure I wouldn't have find a job anywhere else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.