Medical Assisting as a Career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Emma2012 in Santa Maria, California

27 months ago

As a person who obtained their degree in 1969 in this field, I am challenging issues that relate to this field and I am also a person who likes to write articles. Hoping to get a real diaglogue going I am proposing many questions j(pick and choose as you wish) Thus, Do you all know of the extreme differences in qualifications regarding the certifications from the 4 certifying boards (main ones only)? Do you know which certifying bodies are and if so, which was the original group? Do any of you know of the history of being a MA? Do you know how many lawsuits are happening in this field because schools do not get properly accredited? Do any of you hold a degree and if so, how many? How many of you are just "certified" and if so, with which certifying body? How many of you got certified with just the "on the job" training of one year and how many completed an 18 month course of study with 2 months "hands on"? Do any of you find the job one you wanted but are dissatisfied now and the qualifications of the state in which you live? Do you know that in California that you can work as a MA without certification? Did the majority of you complete a 2 year AA program with three 6 month internships of 6 months each and if not, what differences were there to this training. Obviously,I want to start a spirited dialogue on this field that I have been researching for a historical background. I have my own views and I want to hear yours....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

happyascanbe in kalkaska, Michigan

20 months ago

I read your postings and you have great questions.I am going to school for a Medical Assistant and had some questions I was wondering if you could answer for me? I wanted to know what made you want to be a MA, What is the best part of being an MA to you,what area you work in,what can you do and what cant you do,was it hard to find a job,did you find the pay was worth the time of schooling,what do you not like the most about being an MA,and what do you do as an MA in the office or area you chose?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Emma2012 in Santa Maria, California said: As a person who obtained their degree in 1969 in this field, I am challenging issues that relate to this field and I am also a person who likes to write articles. Hoping to get a real diaglogue going I am proposing many questions j(pick and choose as you wish) Thus, Do you all know of the extreme differences in qualifications regarding the certifications from the 4 certifying boards (main ones only)? Do you know which certifying bodies are and if so, which was the original group? Do any of you know of the history of being a MA? Do you know how many lawsuits are happening in this field because schools do not get properly accredited? Do any of you hold a degree and if so, how many? How many of you are just "certified" and if so, with which certifying body? How many of you got certified with just the "on the job" training of one year and how many completed an 18 month course of study with 2 months "hands on"? Do any of you find the job one you wanted but are dissatisfied now and the qualifications of the state in which you live? Do you know that in California that you can work as a MA without certification? Did the majority of you complete a 2 year AA program with three 6 month internships of 6 months each and if not, what differences were there to this training. Obviously,I want to start a spirited dialogue on this field that I have been researching for a historical background. I have my own views and I want to hear yours....

Hi I like your questions.I am going to school as a MA. I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me asap? What do you like most about being a MA? What area do you work in as a MA? What did you not see that you thought you would as a MA going to school verse the working field? What all is in your scope of practice or isn't? Do you feel schooling was worth the pay you receive? What areas have you worked in as a MA? What areas would you like to work in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

happyascanbe in kalkaska, Michigan said: Hi I like your questions.I am going to school as a MA. I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me asap? What do you like most about being a MA? What area do you work in as a MA? What did you not see that you thought you would as a MA going to school verse the working field? What all is in your scope of practice or isn't? Do you feel schooling was worth the pay you receive? What areas have you worked in as a MA? What areas would you like to work in?

How much schooling did you have and what certifications do you have? Is there anything you would like to share with me that may be beneficial?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.