What is considered a Certified Medical Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

23 months ago

This is not a CAAHEP approved program. So if you pass the NCCT certification testing does that make you a certified Medical Assistant?

I am a 52 year old male and I am thinking about going to start a program here in southern california that is an Adult Education School. The certificate will be in Adminstrative and Clinical Medical Assistant with Phlebothomy Technician 1. The program is 20 weeks plus externship for Adminstrative and Clinical Medical Assistant 4 weeks and phlebothomy technician 2 weeks. The total cost is $4,899 that also includes the NCCT certification testing, test prep and skills workshop.

I am currently on unemployment so at least I am getting paid while going back to school. And a program in Los Angeles call Work Source will pay for the program.

They have no job placement department

Are schools that are not accredited by the state of Caliornia still good to go to? There are for profit schools that are 8 months classroom and 1 month externship but are around $15,000. Will doctor's offices not hire you because you went to a shorter program but you are certified by NCCT?

Any thoughts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.