What Career Should I go for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Hannah in Madison, Alabama

22 months ago

Okay, so here's the thing. I was really really interested in Medical Assisting, BUT, after seeing all the negative comments I dont know what to think. I honestly dont think I would be interested in anything else, the RN or LPN thing just doesnt seem up my alley. If there are ANY medical assistant's out there who have ANY advice fore me please do so. And also if there are any local medical assistant's in the Huntsville/Deatur Alabama area that would chat with me about the duties and salary of a medical assistant in Alabama, please email me at hannahduncan124@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for anyone who atleast tries to help! (:

***God Bless!***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Galia in Des Plaines, Illinois

19 months ago

I've graduated from the Medical Assistant program 2 years ago and immediately found a job. I had so many responsibilities and got paid $11. I live in Chicago. I worked there for 1.5 years and quit, because the job was too much for the wage the doctor was paying me. My sincere advice to you is don't waste your precious time with this useless degree that will not get you further than $12 per hour. If you are willing to study go for physical therapist assistant, nurse or rehabilitation technician. It's a crying shame that medical assistants get paid so little!!! Don't waste your time Hannah! Don't do it please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.