Why is so hard to find a job in georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia

71 months ago

I been searching for work for Medical Assistant for the last 6 months and I went to interview but they all was staffing agencies. They all told me the same thing everytime I call to ask if any job available they say the havent find anything yet. Could someone please tell what am doing wrong I filed out so much application online also and no response. If anyone out have any opinion and job offers please contact at the email address and let me know what to do. Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

n.y.c gaL in Las Vegas, Nevada

71 months ago

GET AN INSURANCE BOOK FULL OF DOCTORS. PICK WHAT TYPE OF FIELD YOU WANT TO BE IN SUCH AS CARDIOLOGY OR ETC. THEN CALL OFFICE. SPEAK ONLY TO OFFICE MANAGER. AND ASK IF THEY ARE HIRING. BECOME A GO GETTER. THAT IS WHAT I HAD TO DO AND IT WORKED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

GENESE in Park Forest, Illinois

71 months ago

ME TO.........I'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING A JOB AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT TO BUT I FOUND OUT THAT MANY DENTAL OFFICES TAKE DENTAL ASSISTANTS RIGHT OFF THE BAT AND I THINK THAT THATS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO, BUT CALL AS MANY DIFFRENT OFFICES AS YOU CAN, I HAVE AN INTERVIEW NEXT MONDAY BUT I STILL TRYING....GOODLUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donte in New Baltimore, Michigan

69 months ago

Move to Michigan plenty out here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sandy in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Look outside off stone mountain,if your willing to commute, gwinnett county is A great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Covington, Georgia

68 months ago

Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I been searching for work for Medical Assistant for the last 6 months and I went to interview but they all was staffing agencies. They all told me the same thing everytime I call to ask if any job available they say the havent find anything yet. Could someone please tell what am doing wrong I filed out so much application online also and no response. If anyone out have any opinion and job offers please contact at the email address and let me know what to do. Thank You.
c-med at new st joseph hospital is hiring, it is center for medicine, also dr. maria walker on snapfinger rd, laureate medical group, piedmont clinics, go to yahoo jobs .com good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

naz in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

i live in southern ca looking for medical assitant job for 6 months i am certfied and also have cpt 1 license but no luck// i think i am gonna quit now
because i cant waste time calling offices and sending resumes out this is worst field..pls dont go to school for medical assitant unless you want waste money.....no body will hire you because they ask for 3 year experince or want to work for free like i am doing..working for free just for experincee..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

wendy in Covington, Georgia said: c-med at new st joseph hospital is hiring, it is center for medicine, also dr. maria walker on snapfinger rd, laureate medical group, piedmont clinics, go to yahoo jobs .com good luck

st joseph has 2 jobs and 500 applicants this is true doc from stjoseph told me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tierra KCMO in Kansas City, Missouri

66 months ago

I live in Kansas City, MO AND JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL LAST OCT. NO LUCK I HAVE MY LICENCE I HAVE BEEN WITH THE SAME JOB FOR 5 YRS STRONG THEY STILL WONT GIVE ME A CHANCE I DONT GET IT.. THEY WILL HIRE PEOPLE WHO MOVE FROM JOB TO JOB WITHIN 6 MONTHS.. I GET SO UPSET AT TIMES.. ALL I CAN DO IS KEEP ON GOING.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

i am planning to go for something else jus dont waiste more time go back and do something else..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

66 months ago

To Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia: I hope you don't speak on your interviews as poorly as your writing skills. If so, it's no wonder you can't find a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Sunflower in Washington, District of Columbia

64 months ago

Well in the area i live in, here in silver spring medical assistants are high in demand every one i know that has gone to a medical assistant school ends up having a job after getting out of school. So it may just be in some states that the medical assisting jobs are scarce but in my area MA's are high in demand and most job openings are willing to train. So its best to research the area you live in on how easy or hard it is to find a job in that field before getting in to it and going to school. It's a big investment and you don't want to waste your time and money. Also a good tip is check your resume and ask yourself is it in good shape, is their something wrong with it that it's not being considered. Remember your resume plays a big part whether you are a great candidate for the position or not...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

useless in Parow, South Africa

63 months ago

I've just come back from living and working in England and wanted to see if i could find a job. I really do need a job. It has been 3 months and i've sent over 30 CV's and no luck. people are looking for experience and i have none. you have to get experience to gain experience. But employees wont give opportunities to people like me. This is rediculous. Now i have to decide whether i stay or i go back to a place where they will give me a job regardless if i have experience or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dee g in Fayetteville, Georgia

63 months ago

Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I been searching for work for Medical Assistant for the last 6 months and I went to interview but they all was staffing agencies. They all told me the same thing everytime I call to ask if any job available they say the havent find anything yet. Could someone please tell what am doing wrong I filed out so much application online also and no response. If anyone out have any opinion and job offers please contact at the email address and let me know what to do. Thank You.

I am looking for a school at a reasonable cost for a medical asst. Do you recommend any? loidenegamble@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dana D in Nyc, New York

63 months ago

Make sure the school you pick is either AMT or NHA approved
www.nhanow.com

ayleen in East Rutherford, New Jersey

61 months ago

I am in the same boat...but i am looking for an accounting clerk/accounting assistant/ staff accountant position, and I have only been interviewed by recruiters as well. I also aplied to various positions and no response. What am I doing wrong? I need Help! I would like to go to school for medical biller/ medical assistant how long to i have to go for and where can i go at a reasonable price to get certified? If anyone has an opinion and/ or job offers please email me, nailen19@yahoo.com and let me know as well.
Thank you!

m m in Decatur, Georgia

61 months ago

I am very discourage, I think i made a bad decision in deciding to become a medical assistant. I thought am going to school to make something good with my life and i felt really good about it,but now that i have completed school externship,dropping resume at different doctor offices and surfing the internet looking for job its disappointing. Everybody is asking for experience, but how can one get experience without even being given the chance. will someone from the healthcare help us under this? Or maybe the school should stop offering this program so we wont have to pay back loan for nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY STRONG
I GOT MY FIRST JOB AFTER 9 MONTHS, TRY TO GET PHLEBOTOMIST STATE LICENSE IT TAKES 2 MONTHS TO GET LICENSE..
LOOKING FOR JOB IS LASO FULL TIME JOB..JUST TRY YOUR BEST AND YOU WILL GET SOMETHING ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Takoma Park, Maryland

61 months ago

I too am having the same problem. I finish my externship in two days and have been applying for Medical Assistant jobs since mid February so I would have a smooth transition from school in the work field. No one has got back to me to offer an interview. The only replies I've received so far is that I don't have adequate experience. How am I to gain experience if no one is willing to give me a chance?? I think employees with experience have forgotten what it's like to be a student. I'm so discouraged. I have plans to move on to become an RN, but I need $$ to do that. Now, I'm contemplating the idea of going back and receiving an LPN degree, since they appear to have more job openings. But the LPN program is another year of classes and another unpaid externship, and if I do that, it will take even longer to pursue my RN, including the prerequisites. I'm even applying to places out of state. That's how desperate and urgent my situation has become.

On a side not: Can Medical Assistant's work as Patient Care Tech's in a hospital? Can Medical Assistant's apply for LPN jobs? Any info anyone has on this would be most appreciated.

Good luck to you all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joanni Brooks in Stone Mountain, Georgia

61 months ago

wendy in Covington, Georgia said: c-med at new st joseph hospital is hiring, it is center for medicine, also dr. maria walker on snapfinger rd, laureate medical group, piedmont clinics, go to yahoo jobs .com good luck

You might find it helpful if you take the RMA certification exam. Employers find it more attractive on your resume.Also look for a job by just looking in the yellow pages and calling physicians that are close in your area.Ask to speak to the Office Manager and if they are unvailable leavea message on their machine. You will find they will return your calls. Just leave a name and number that way you are assuring your self a call back . Good Luck and hopefully you will find something soon!!

Nicole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm currently a Medical Assisting student and my interests are in Plastics but I have found that positions are few and far between. Anyone have any advice as to which direction I could take to get some experience in a related field. I've heard Dermatology is a good one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

phillyserb in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Dee g in Fayetteville, Georgia said: I am looking for a school at a reasonable cost for a medical asst. Do you recommend any? loidenegamble@yahoo.com

Pennsylvania Institute of Thechnology. I am still in school for an MA. The school is great. Teachers are very good, with very professional approach. The school itself costs around $13000. Scrubs, books, etc included. You can make monthly payments. Also, you can have 5 days off each semester. The school is in Media (PA), and also in Philadelphia (center city).
Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joanni Brooks in Cartersville, Georgia

61 months ago

Renee in Takoma Park, Maryland said: I too am having the same problem. I finish my externship in two days and have been applying for Medical Assistant jobs since mid February so I would have a smooth transition from school in the work field. No one has got back to me to offer an interview. The only replies I've received so far is that I don't have adequate experience. How am I to gain experience if no one is willing to give me a chance?? I think employees with experience have forgotten what it's like to be a student. I'm so discouraged. I have plans to move on to become an RN, but I need $$ to do that. Now, I'm contemplating the idea of going back and receiving an LPN degree, since they appear to have more job openings. But the LPN program is another year of classes and another unpaid externship, and if I do that, it will take even longer to pursue my RN, including the prerequisites. I'm even applying to places out of state. That's how desperate and urgent my situation has become.

On a side not: Can Medical Assistant's work as Patient Care Tech's in a hospital? Can Medical Assistant's apply for LPN jobs? Any info anyone has on this would be most appreciated.

Good luck to you all!

you cannot really apply to be a LPN but you can a pct although pct doesnt make as much money as a RMA if you are not registered the best thing to do is get that taken care of first. You can definately get a job faster!! Also you can look at nursing home they are now starting to use MA in place of LPN... Because mostly that are cheaper. But nursing home are still paying around 12-13 a hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joanni Brooks in Cartersville, Georgia

61 months ago

Dee g in Fayetteville, Georgia said: I am looking for a school at a reasonable cost for a medical asst. Do you recommend any? loidenegamble@yahoo.com

Everist Institute is a good school it does cost around 13000 but what you do is they apply for you a grant and then the rest is put on a school loan you dont haveto worry about good credit or anything like that. The payments are about 62.00 a month if you can afford that. It takes 8 months and you can go to school either nights or days. The tuition cost of a total of 13000 but also includes all books and uniform and lab coat.. you take theory class,computer class that includes typing and clinical.. ont worry about typing skills you learn as you go.Hope this helped you good luck with your career

Joanni Brooks in Stone Mountain, Georgia

61 months ago

Joanni Brooks in Cartersville, Georgia said: Everist Institute is a good school it does cost around 13000 but what you do is they apply for you a grant and then the rest is put on a school loan you dont haveto worry about good credit or anything like that. The payments are about 62.00 a month if you can afford that. It takes 8 months and you can go to school either nights or days. The tuition cost of a total of 13000 but also includes all books and uniform and lab coat.. you take theory class,computer class that includes typing and clinical.. ont worry about typing skills you learn as you go.Hope this helped you good luck with your career[/QUOTE

I am not in Cartersville I am in Atlanta! I dont know why it says Cartersville next to my name LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XOAngelXO

61 months ago

I AM ALSO A MEDICAL ASSISTANT, AND I TOO HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO FIND A JOB, THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD RIGHT NOW, EVERY STATE IS GOING THRU IT. I HAVE I.V CERTIFICATION, CATHETER CERTIFICATION, PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION AND AM A "REGISTERED" MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND TRUST ME IT IS JUST AS HARD TO GET A JOB AS BEING A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE COMPANY IN WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING, THEY REALLY LIKE WHEN YOU SHOW SOME SORT OF INTEREST, AND MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME HAS ALL THE SKILLS IN WHICH THEY SEEK. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR A DIFFERENT PROFESSION, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ITS JUST OUR ECEONOMY RIGHT NOW AND HOPEFULLY SOON IT WILL GET BETTER. YOU DID A GREAT JOB CHOSING TO BECOME AN M.A, AND IN DOING SO, IT IS SAID THAT M.A'S PROGRESSIVELY MOVE UP FASTER AND ARE IN DEMAND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. SO BE PATIENT, YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING! XOXO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ProspectiveMAstudentd in Pomona, California

59 months ago

Does anyone form Ca know of an innexspensive and Accredited school to attend?????????????

JOJO in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

I think that if your going to go to a school of Medical Assistant, you should find out if they have job placement assistance I know that ATI has that and a friend of mine found a job like that didn't pay good but it helps for experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I am also having a hard time trying to find a job as a medical assistant. Iam certified as a phlebotomist and medical assistant and i started looking for a job in february and still looking with the help of my school's career representative. I have had two job interviews and have been disapointed because they wanted someone who was experienced as a x-ray tech. I want to go to school for nursing but i don't think that i will be able to go because i need a job to help me pay for school. I hope that i find a job soon. - Good Luck to everyone.

jadednoise@gmail.com in Marietta, Georgia

59 months ago

I am very sorry that some of you are having bad luck after so much hard work to get accreditted. Please don't take this wrong but if your blog messages have any similarities to how you have written your resume or how you present yourself than therein lies the problem. Most schools teaching these kinds of classes are not in it for any other reason than to make money. They are not qualifying you to get jobs if you can't spell everything correctly or have lack syntax structure. They are saturating an already "soaked" market. My suggestion is to have someone clean up your resume and maybe spend some time in a mock interview?
Good luck none the less. Namaste

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jadednoise@gmail.com in Marietta, Georgia

59 months ago

Oops, see there, two mistakes in my reply and I made a concerted effort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeana in Charlotte, North Carolina

59 months ago

Hello all, I know how every one feels, I am also having a hard time finding a job as a medical assisting and I have been looking since January. Its funny how alot of us are in the same boat. My thought is, it is not how you type on here its just a blogg so who cares if something is spelled right or wrong. I am sure we pay close attention to detail when it comes to our resume and how we present ourselves at an interview. I have had my resume checked by a employment manager, an english teacher and the career person from my school; all checked out well. In my search, I am finding that people want experience if you dont have a minimun of one year then sorry, you are almost SOL! I will say starting out in a small office might work because they are willing to take a chance on you however, the benefits are not as goo but look at it this way, you are gaining experience. Good Luck and dont give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

telisha28 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

59 months ago

try grady

59 months ago

try grady

59 months ago

i'm an medical assistant to. At this current time i'm a customer service rep for rental car place. Im trying to switch back in my field but no luck any body ave suggestion for me

MA in Snellville, Georgia

58 months ago

Nicole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone, I'm currently a Medical Assisting student and my interests are in Plastics but I have found that positions are few and far between. Anyone have any advice as to which direction I could take to get some experience in a related field. I've heard Dermatology is a good one.

Yes they are good. They pay well and it's easy work. You may have to start out saying you will volunteer for a month and let them see for themselves if they want you. I know it's crazy but that's what exterships are...working for free and gaining experience. The key is to get hired at your extership site. That's what I did and work there for 3 years. That's your experience. Otherwise, no one wants to take a chance. It's still hard to find work in GA. I'm applying everywhere.

MA in Snellville, Georgia

58 months ago

telisha28 in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: i'm an medical assistant to. At this current time i'm a customer service rep for rental car place. Im trying to switch back in my field but no luck any body ave suggestion for me

Don't stay out of your field too long cause it's tough getting back in. They want experience experience experience. Volunteer on the weekends at a hospital. That helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

freda22 in Memphis, Tennessee

57 months ago

I feel the exact way as you do. I have been out of school with my certification since 2005 and the only job that i have been able to land is working in a group home. I like what i do but as far as all of the skills i learned in school are gone to waste because of not being able to use them. All clinic, physicians office, hospital, etc all want you to have prior/recent experience. How is that possible if you can never first get a headstart. I attended Concorde Career College that promised JOB PLACEMENT but has not been able to help me since I first submitted my application for them to do so. Basically I feel like giving up and moving on. I was told that Medical Assistants were in high demand but to me it really doesnt seem like it.

Hopeless in Hatfield, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

I hate to discourage anyone, but it's really hopeless these days in Eastern Pennsylvania. They won't give you health benefits and they won't pay you anything per hour. I used to make $16 an hour as a secretary - I had no health benefits, but at least I had some money. Now, after my certification, I can't get a job making more than $10 and hour. It's the worst. And these jobs have been the worst. Even the "good" jobs where they are civil to you, they work you to death. I curse the day I decided to go to the vocational school for Medical Assistant. It's the dumbest decision I've ever made in my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mbt in Allentown, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

i have been finding that some of the medical offices and hospitals will only hire you if you fit their particular qualifications, or if you are bilingual, most of you know what i mean, i think its unfair, but thats the nature of the game here in the lehigh valley, i may have better luck in a MOre URBAN area, my luck moght be better in Baltimore, serious consideration!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Flye in Wichita Falls, Texas

55 months ago

XOAngelXO said: I AM ALSO A MEDICAL ASSISTANT, AND I TOO HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO FIND A JOB, THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD RIGHT NOW, EVERY STATE IS GOING THRU IT. I HAVE I.V CERTIFICATION, CATHETER CERTIFICATION, PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION AND AM A "REGISTERED" MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND TRUST ME IT IS JUST AS HARD TO GET A JOB AS BEING A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE COMPANY IN WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING, THEY REALLY LIKE WHEN YOU SHOW SOME SORT OF INTEREST, AND MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME HAS ALL THE SKILLS IN WHICH THEY SEEK. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR A DIFFERENT PROFESSION, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ITS JUST OUR ECEONOMY RIGHT NOW AND HOPEFULLY SOON IT WILL GET BETTER. YOU DID A GREAT JOB CHOSING TO BECOME AN M.A, AND IN DOING SO, IT IS SAID THAT M.A'S PROGRESSIVELY MOVE UP FASTER AND ARE IN DEMAND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. SO BE PATIENT, YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING! XOXO

I am like you, thats a comment, people should be proud of their accomplishments. And to me that is an accomplishment. GOD is going to bless people who work hard to get where they want to go. My word for you to day is to know who you are and what you want in life. Know that you are a work in progress and not a piece of work. GOD Bless you and much luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J_Sandoval in Lynwood, California

53 months ago

where in southern cali??

53 months ago

F-Bomb in Los Angeles, California said: Move to Southern California!!

The jobs are plentiful out here . . .

where in southern cali???

tuhin in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

which school did you take medical assistant course

53 months ago

tuhin in Atlanta, Georgia said: which school did you take medical assistant course

UNITED EDUCATION INSTITUTE COLLEGE IN CALI.

AIGomez in Phoenix, Arizona

53 months ago

Does anyone have any information about Arizona? I am considering going to college for MA or PT. Strongly considering MA though. I know there are offices and urgent cares on every block but I was wondering how hard is it to find a job/career? On the another note, couldn't you gain experience by doing an internship with an office or hospital? Wouldn't that count as 'experience'. That's what I'm gonna do.

Matt in Layton. in Sandy, Utah

53 months ago

Renee in Takoma Park, Maryland said: I too am having the same problem. I finish my externship in two days and have been applying for Medical Assistant jobs since mid February so I would have a smooth transition from school in the work field. No one has got back to me to offer an interview. The only replies I've received so far is that I don't have adequate experience. How am I to gain experience if no one is willing to give me a chance?? I think employees with experience have forgotten what it's like to be a student. I'm so discouraged. I have plans to move on to become an RN, but I need $$ to do that. Now, I'm contemplating the idea of going back and receiving an LPN degree, since they appear to have more job openings. But the LPN program is another year of classes and another unpaid externship, and if I do that, it will take even longer to pursue my RN, including the prerequisites. I'm even applying to places out of state. That's how desperate and urgent my situation has become.

Good luck to you all!

Hi there, You can work as a PCT AND CNA. I'm sorry to tell you can not work as a LPN only if you have graduated as a LPN. I hope that helped.

Matt in Hillsboro, Oregon

52 months ago

The Flye in Wichita Falls, Texas said: I am like you, thats a comment, people should be proud of their accomplishments. And to me that is an accomplishment. GOD is going to bless people who work hard to get where they want to go. My word for you to day is to know who you are and what you want in life. Know that you are a work in progress and not a piece of work. GOD Bless you and much luck to you.

I agree, have some faith. If you can see it, feel it or taste it, it isn't faith. I believe God has a position waiting for me when I finish. Nothing that I see with my physical eyes tells me there is work for me. It is just the opposite! I have faith that it will happen. I have asked God to give me "favor" he always does when my motives are not selfish. Good advice!

God bless,
Matt <><< <><< <><<

Samone in Lawrenceville, Georgia

52 months ago

Help! I'm a certified phlebotomists and can't find a job. If anyone knows any company that is hiring please let me know. I'm (NHA) certified.

Bellz in Lithonia, Georgia

51 months ago

XOAngelXO said: I AM ALSO A MEDICAL ASSISTANT, AND I TOO HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO FIND A JOB, THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD RIGHT NOW, EVERY STATE IS GOING THRU IT. I HAVE I.V CERTIFICATION, CATHETER CERTIFICATION, PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION AND AM A "REGISTERED" MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND TRUST ME IT IS JUST AS HARD TO GET A JOB AS BEING A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE COMPANY IN WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING, THEY REALLY LIKE WHEN YOU SHOW SOME SORT OF INTEREST, AND MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME HAS ALL THE SKILLS IN WHICH THEY SEEK. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR A DIFFERENT PROFESSION, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ITS JUST OUR ECEONOMY RIGHT NOW AND HOPEFULLY SOON IT WILL GET BETTER. YOU DID A GREAT JOB CHOSING TO BECOME AN M.A, AND IN DOING SO, IT IS SAID THAT M.A'S PROGRESSIVELY MOVE UP FASTER AND ARE IN DEMAND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. SO BE PATIENT, YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING! XOXO

Just want to say thanks for the encouragement...It means alot. I been looking high and low with no luck

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.