Internship Positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

beebee in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

hello maria. you can contact the veterans affairs medical center in the bronx and see what happens. i also attend bmcc and i am currently taking some courses so i can complete my bachelor's degree in health information managemant at sunyit utica online which i will start next year. its not easy to obtain an internship in this field. i have my certification in coding and billing since last december and still have not found a job let alone an internship. I am being honest with you its who you know. other places you may try is the physician offices, law firms, insurance companies.......good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

maria in New York, New York

74 months ago

Hi Beebee,

Thanks for the lead. Can I ask why you suggested Veterans Affairs Medical Center in the Bronx while there are many medical centers in NYC? I very much agree with you regarding it's who you know today. For the last year I've sent my resume to various industries applying for any position that matched my experience (20-plus years starting as a receptionist and ending as a graphic designer with my share of filing/word processing/desktop publishing/admin/project coordinating), without many responses. Without the connection, I also have my age against me (HR can approximate from my resume), and never had the stomach to handle outstanding college loans, so I only took certificate classes to apply what I learned at that moment to have a better understanding of the work I did, or what might be needed of me to do in the future.

Best of luck to you too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anny in Nashua, New Hampshire

50 months ago

im looking for an internship for medical coding

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cartagenera in Elk Grove, California

50 months ago

Hello everybody,
I just finished my medical coding and billing program and would like to know some advices in how get certified.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

50 months ago

cartagenera in Elk Grove, California said: Hello everybody,
I just finished my medical coding and billing program and would like to know some advices in how get certified.

Thanks.

congrats on finishing school. I wouldn't recommend going through any organizations other than AAPC and AHIMA. they are the only 2 that are nationally recognized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Thank you Valentine. I'm nervous even I did good with my final exam at school. I've gotten some information in how to prepare but still I'm not sure. How long do you think I should prepare before taking the certificate exam?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

49 months ago

cartagenera in Elk Grove, California said: Thank you Valentine. I'm nervous even I did good with my final exam at school. I've gotten some information in how to prepare but still I'm not sure. How long do you think I should prepare before taking the certificate exam?

Thanks.

depends on which one you are taking, if you have any experience and how comfortable you are.

My best advice is to buy a study guide of the certification you are wanting, take the practice test and that will gage your readiness or how soon you can take it. If you do well, take it sooner, if you score low, wait awhile and keep studying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Thanks.

maegene in Clay City, Kentucky

42 months ago

I passed my CCS-P in April and I have excellent skills in outpatient coding. I need a remote job or one locally. I live in southeastern KY.

Bineeta Ali in South Richmond Hill, New York

40 months ago

hey im looking for a place to do my externship... i finish all my classes in Jersey City, NJ and im looking for a place in queens, ny to do extern.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

40 months ago

maegene in Clay City, Kentucky said: I passed my CCS-P in April and I have excellent skills in outpatient coding. I need a remote job or one locally. I live in southeastern KY.

How long have you been coding?

chad spears in Cottonwood, Arizona

39 months ago

i am looking for a medical billing and coding internship. i live in camp verde az. i would like to do my internship in the verde vally. please let me know if you know of one thank you so much.

Regina Starkey in Fairfax, Virginia

37 months ago

I am looking for a medical billing and coding internship in the Fredericksburg area.

Tzee44 in Phoenix, Arizona

37 months ago

Hi. I just finished my classes in medical billing and coding at recieved my certificate. I'am nervous and excited about starting my new career. Was wondering if anyone knows where I should start? My school offers help with resume's but not getting placed in a internship position. So any advice is greatly appreciated. I live in Phoenix, Az. but, willing to locate. thank you. Tamera

coxkat00 in Stockton, California

33 months ago

Hello I am looking to get my foot in the door before I graduate.At present I'm
going to Institute of Technology enrolled in MBC;getting ready to take my
CMRS exam. After that I'm scheduled to take the CCA and CCS exams.Please e-mail me if interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Samuels in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

I have 2 weeks to complete my billing and coding class, I have already started job hunting but everywhere wants experience, where can I do an internship? Help anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr. and Mrs. Fields in New York, New York

31 months ago

Hi. I did my Medical Billing and Coding on 2008 (2-week course) but haven't used it since then, I would like to know if you can recommend good books and study guide to do a refresh. Thank you on advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

coxkat001 in Stockton, California

31 months ago

The Current Procedural Terminology book and the ICD-9 or 10
Medical Terminology for health professionals

Debbie in Mount Vernon, New York

31 months ago

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: congrats on finishing school. I wouldn't recommend going through any organizations other than AAPC and AHIMA. they are the only 2 that are nationally recognized.

Is PAHCS nationally recognized?

rweaver722 in plainville, Connecticut

30 months ago

I am going to school at Berkeley College Online for health care administration with medical billing and coding. I only have internship to do then i can graduate in sept 2012. I can not find an internship. this is not right, there are plenty of jobs in CT for my field but no internships. what do I do? the school is having trouble too.

CGault in Milledgeville, Georgia

28 months ago

Hi, I am currently in my last semester for Medical Coding. I was looking up jobs in the Atlanta area because that's where I plan to move. I noticed that most of the jobs require experience. How is a new coder supposed to get experience when all of the jobs require experience? For anyone who's ever had this problem do internships substitute as practice? If so, how would I find an internship?

chocdip in Greenwood, Mississippi

28 months ago

I live in Mississippi I graduate next month with Diploma in Medical Billing and Coding I am trying to volunteer or something do anyone know where I can volunteer at any suggestion got to study for the CPC test

Tak531 in Columbia, South Carolina

26 months ago

maegene in Clay City, Kentucky said: I passed my CCS-P in April and I have excellent skills in outpatient coding. I need a remote job or one locally. I live in southeastern KY.

I am currently studying for the CCS-P? Which books did you study from? After taking the exam..what suggestions do you have for people studying for the exam?

prettyfokused in Birmingham, Alabama

19 months ago

Tak531 in Columbia, South Carolina said: I am currently studying for the CCS-P? Which books did you study from? After taking the exam..what suggestions do you have for people studying for the exam?

I passed my CCS-P exam a few days ago by 11 points. I used AHIMA's CCS-P study guide and I had the Coding Clinic books from school (I have an associates degree in insurance billing and coding).

What really helped me was that I practiced timing myself. I was done and still had about 30 minutes left to review.

Lakia

10 months ago

cartagenera in Elk Grove, California said: Thank you Valentine. I'm nervous even I did good with my final exam at school. I've gotten some information in how to prepare but still I'm not sure. How long do you think I should prepare before taking the certificate exam?

Thanks.

I have just pass my medical billing and coding exam through Nhanow I am looking for an internship so I can get some hands on

Bh1321 in San Marcos, Texas

9 months ago

Hi I am looking at possible places I could get an internship this upcoming August and a possible volunteer position in medical coding or medical billing. If you know of any please let me know!

PMRNC in Plattsburgh, New York

9 months ago

Your best bet is to either start your own business or look within an entry level position locally. Starting your own medical billing business can be much easier because you can market your education rather than focus on non-experience, dealing with rejections for no experience. We cater to both the medical billing company, the new medical biller looking for a career or even those looking to research the industry of medical billing before they shell out a ton of money. you can visit us online at www.billerswebsite.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.