Inpatient Coding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

maegene in Richmond, Kentucky

27 months ago

I passed my CCS-P coding test. I feel like I have a good grasp on outpatient coding but I don't really have it down pat what to do with the inpatient coding. I would like someone with experience coding to put on here the steps in coding an inpatient chart. How you go about doing it right step by step. I took my coding classes online and have never had anyone to explain it out to me and the books I used the cases were all done as if they were outpatient charts.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Vincentown, New Jersey

26 months ago

I have the steps that my professor handed out in class. post email and i will scan the document for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

yellow in Newark, New Jersey

25 months ago

Anne in Vincentown, New Jersey said: I have the steps that my professor handed out in class. post email and i will scan the document for you.

can I please get a copy of the document from your professor as well
enesmith17@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

melissa in Williamson, West Virginia

25 months ago

Can I please get a copy also
Thanks!
melissamm@live.com

angela in Tuba City, Arizona

24 months ago

Anne in Vincentown, New Jersey said: I have the steps that my professor handed out in class. post email and i will scan the document for you.

Is there anyway tha I could get a copy of this, I am trying to teach myself to do inpatient and could really use this angela.delong@hotmail.com
thank you if you are still ablee to send them

Viv in Monroe, North Carolina

24 months ago

If it's no problem, may you send me a copy also? No worries if you're too busy. Thanks in advance.

letsuseourheads@yahoo.com

quincyaj@yahoo.com

24 months ago

Can I please get a copy as well?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lawarren3@gmail.com in Bowie, Maryland

21 months ago

Can I also have a copy if possible. Thank you in advance.

lawarren3@gmail.com

soulman in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

Thanks for you post to provide inpatient handout from your professor. Now to the point I to would like a copy of the hand-outs from your class. All the best:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

soulman in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

Thanks for you post to provide inpatient handout from your professor. Now to the point I to would like a copy of the hand-outs from your class. All the best:) My bad, I did'nt include my email. seth2sharon21@yahoo.com

CC in Suwanee, Georgia

20 months ago

Hello Ann in Vincetown, would you please send me a copy of the handouts that your professor provided you. I am trying to teach myself how to code inpatient charts. Please would you send me a copy to certifiedcoder@live.com

lekesha in Louisburg, North Carolina

19 months ago

if u still have a copy of the coder step by step can i get a copy i am taking the class now and i am not getting some of the steps.

lekesha in Louisburg, North Carolina

19 months ago

if u still have a copy of the coder step by step can i get a copy. i am taking the class now and i am not getting some og the steps and i want to be prepared when i start to work.thanks lekesha.alston@yahoo.com

Valdenise in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Can I have a copy of the steps to inpatient coding....Valdenise38@yahoo.com
thank you

shirley in El Monte, California

18 months ago

HI,
Is it okay if I can get a copy of the document from your professor as well. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Shirley
email address: cappilucypeter@yahoo.com

maegene in Winchester, Kentucky

18 months ago

I would like a copy also, if you have the time.
ebrock49@gmail.com

shirley in El Monte, California

18 months ago

maegene in Winchester, Kentucky said: I would like a copy also, if you have the time.
ebrock49@gmail.com

Sorry, I don't have the notes, I was asking for one :) but didn't get a reply yet.

Sujidha in Trivandrum, India

18 months ago

Hi Anne

If its's not a problem, can I also get the copy of inpatient coding steps document from your professor.

Mail Id:- sujidha.anoop@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Sujidha

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

How can medical records be sent out of the country? What about HIPAA?

Sujidha in Trivandrum, India

18 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: How can medical records be sent out of the country? What about HIPAA?

Not asking for any medical records...that's obvious against HIPPA....asking for coding steps for Inpatient coding

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

Sujidha in Trivandrum, India said: Not asking for any medical records...that's obvious against HIPPA....asking for coding steps for Inpatient coding

Yeah, but you get the patient's name, DOB, and diagnosis to code.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

memot in Council Bluffs, Iowa

18 months ago

If you explain a bit more what you're looking for exactly I can try to answer you. It's kind of a broad question.

Do you want what I do on an account or what would be needed on a test?

The big difference between inpatient and out patient is your principal diagnosis.
I go in and read the ED or the H&P see why they came in, I try to capture all of the family history, allergies, personal history etc. off of my H&P as well. Read through the account and capture everything that comes along during the encounter, code through any procedures hit the end and figure out what my principal diagnosis is going to be (the condition after study that ocassioned the admission) taking into account coding guidelines etc. Assign my present on admission statuses and finalize (assuming I don't need to query).

Clear as mud? lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

vals600@comcast.net in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts

15 months ago

HI Anne,

I was just looking at your post and I was wondering if I could pick your brain a bit, if you dont mind. You seem pretty knowledgable and helpful. I am in an advanced coding class right now and the class has to take a simple 5 sentence report and submit the codes with the rationale. I am picking this weeks question apart and wanted to talk to a student who could help me with some shorts cuts on the rationale(s) not just for this week but when Im looking at all cases. Sometimes its hard to have the professor help you with the breakdown due to the fact that its so obvious to them becuase they do it all the time but I feel that I could understand it more coming from a student who has already gone through it. Im open for any suggestions on how to make coding easier. I feel that I am going to get to a point where it's going to all come together as a whole at once. Do you have a minute to converse with me via phone. If not, email is fine too. Thanks.

ladyweb40 in Killeen, Texas

9 months ago

Can you please email me the steps that your professor gave you on how to code inpatient charts? My email is dwhite_041173@yahoo.com.

karenanne in Silver Spring, Maryland

9 months ago

I would like the steps as well. karensingleton995@yahoo.com
Thank you so much!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.