Re Medical Coding Professional

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

paramus nj in Lodi, New Jersey

20 months ago

Can anybody advice me on which school to get trained as Certify medical professional (CPC).I am a Registered nurse worked in various health places.med surg, nursinghome,psch, home care, schoolnursing.I have worked for the past 20yrs and am looking forward to work from home doing medical coding though i have no experience as coder but i want to go with reputable training school online.If any REGISTERED NURSE has gone through this route do not hesitate to give me insight.Suggestion and advice wellcome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jennifer.young in Torrance, California

19 months ago

I've heard great things about CareerStep's medical coding and billing program. You should check them out and see if their courses are applicable to where you are in NJ.
www.careerstep.com/medical-coding-billing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

schizo in Spring Valley, New York

19 months ago

check out Laureen Jandroep's website @ codingcertification.org

She has courses and a blitz video package for passing the CPC. Laureen's first program was purchased from her and is now the AAPC course material. So you know she knows her stuff.

I did do CareerStep's course but without the blitz video I doubt I would have passed the CPC the first time. CareerStep gives you a very good foundation but does not build your speed which you need on the test. If you feel you can build speed on your own your good to go.
CareerStep also has you code hundreds of operative reports which I'm not sure actually provide any value as they are convoluted and more difficult than an entry level coder will encounter.

The blitz videos provide a lot of short cuts for the CPC exam.

That said. It will be very difficult to get your foot in the door if you do not know someone. No one seems to hire new coders :[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.