who is the best?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

jaysmom0703 in Trinity, North Carolina

55 months ago

I'm looking to get into merchandising but I have no idea where to start or what company to apply with. I know of one lady who stocks the books at Lowe's Hardware and the magazines at Walmart. She's a friend of a friend, and I had my friend ask her who she works for but she brushes the question off. I guess because of the competition. So, I've seen some people on here say that the greeting card companies are a nightmare. So I guess I'm wondering where to start? Who pays the best? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sr in San Marcos, Texas

55 months ago

Lowes is a great compnay to work for. They are rated number 18 in the world over exxon and others....They pay higher than normal retail and there is opportunity for advancement. They are doing well and even in bad times are leading.. Retail is tough but this is a descent company to work for....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

employed in new orleans in Slidell, Louisiana

54 months ago

Does anybody knows how you should be in orientation, I am stressing because I am the only one left, I was hired w/three other associates and their are already on the floor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

employed in new orleans in Slidell, Louisiana

54 months ago

Does anybody knows how long you should be in orientation,@ Lowes. I am stressing because I am the only one left, I was hired w/three other associates and they are already on the floor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

G Carter in Acworth, Georgia

54 months ago

employed in new orleans in Slidell, Louisiana said: Does anybody knows how long you should be in orientation,@ Lowes. I am stressing because I am the only one left, I was hired w/three other associates and they are already on the floor

It is usually around a week. Don't worry about you being the only one left. I have seen this before. It may be that the department they are working in needed immediate help. They will have to finish orientation at a later time if they were taken out early to work on the floor.

NOONE in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

jaysmom0703 in Trinity, North Carolina said: I'm looking to get into merchandising but I have no idea where to start or what company to apply with. I know of one lady who stocks the books at Lowe's Hardware and the magazines at Walmart. She's a friend of a friend, and I had my friend ask her who she works for but she brushes the question off. I guess because of the competition. So, I've seen some people on here say that the greeting card companies are a nightmare. So I guess I'm wondering where to start? Who pays the best? Thanks!

Are you crazy? You need to do alot of job research. Your better off a getting a Sales Rep position vr's a shelf stocking job. Trust me when I tell you. If you want to spend your life traveling place to place, Go do it. Do not start your self off in food, Very Very Very small checks. Trust me I'm worth alot money to most of the Vendors out thier. I know whats out their. Ive held a ran large scale to very small in and out jobs that are a joke. THEY WILL ABUSE YOU DEATH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Port Deposit, Maryland

47 months ago

Coca Cola.
I merched for them for almost 2 years. They have good pay (started:$10.82/hr and Left:$12.53/hr plus 48 cents for every mile i drove with my personal vehicle (Using my personal vehicle was one of the very few disadvantages) but they have great benefits.

Scott,
Maryland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wizard1954 in Greenville, Ohio

42 months ago

jaysmom0703 in Trinity, North Carolina said: I'm looking to get into merchandising but I have no idea where to start or what company to apply with. I know of one lady who stocks the books at Lowe's Hardware and the magazines at Walmart. She's a friend of a friend, and I had my friend ask her who she works for but she brushes the question off. I guess because of the competition. So, I've seen some people on here say that the greeting card companies are a nightmare. So I guess I'm wondering where to start? Who pays the best? Thanks!

Take a look at NARMS.com , it shows alot of companies that you can apply to for merchandising jobs.

DBC in Roswell, Georgia

40 months ago

Scott in Port Deposit, Maryland said: Coca Cola.
I merched for them for almost 2 years. They have good pay (started:$10.82/hr and Left:$12.53/hr plus 48 cents for every mile i drove with my personal vehicle (Using my personal vehicle was one of the very few disadvantages) but they have great benefits.

Scott,
Maryland

Don't work in their warehouse though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DEE in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

33 months ago

I have worked for several merchandising companies. Levy Home Enterment books, gift cards, video, cd's, Anderson (AM East)books, video, cd's, energy drinks. But the BEST, HASBRO, the pay is great, they do not hire often, usually seasonal. Hope this will give you a start. The better companies usually want experience or to know someone helps. So start on line looking at merchandiser jobs, any one you get will give you the experience so you can get with the better paying companies.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Bristol, Florida

3 months ago

stay away from premium retail they used to be good but over the years they start loseing there ability to a good company and one of they're managers is causing problems for the and they don't have a video conferences when they should

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.