magazine or greeting card merchandiser

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

lyn in Strongsville, Ohio

79 months ago

I am interested in part time magazine or greeting card field merchandising and would like to know whom to contact in the Cuyahoga or Medina County area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (143) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Brisbane, Australia

78 months ago

I have a Merchandise experiance in goodman fielder and also i like merchandise hope so i reveived mail from you in positive.
thanks... Julie...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zelda scott in Princeton, Kentucky

78 months ago

could you please tell me if there are any merchandising positions in this area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn Hymer in Hickory, North Carolina

76 months ago

Interested in part-time merchandising position in areas around Hickory, NC>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cathy Mosley in College Station, Texas

76 months ago

I have been an agent for 3 companies. They all went out of buisness are either changed names and I havent been able to locate them to see if they have any work. I use to do the General Dollar stores for about 3 years in Bryan, College Station, Navasota, Caldwell, Rockdale, and Cameron Texas. I would be only interested in College Station, Bryan and Caldwell Texas at this time. Thank you so much. Cathy Mosley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

Guide

lyn in Strongsville, Ohio said: I am interested in part time magazine or greeting card field merchandising and would like to know whom to contact in the Cuyahoga or Medina County area.

Have you researched Anderson News Co. (anco.com)? They do most of the grocery magazine servicing. The greeting card companies do their own hiring so research Hallmark and American Greetings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

katherine in Greentown, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I am interested in becoming a merchandiser in Pa, New York area. Any kind of work. Cards, magazines, food, displays, or plan a grams. Do you know of anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Guide

The best bet seems to be www.narms.com (NARMS: National Association for Retail Marketing Services)

My wife got both of her part time jobs through them (P&G, Lindt Chocolate).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Ballwin, Missouri

73 months ago

I am interested in a part time greeting card merchandiser job in the Ballwin, Missouri area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Emma Sook in New York Mills, New York

73 months ago

I am interested in wokring with cards magizines,and other things that comes with line of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Holian Corley in Morehead city, North Carolina

73 months ago

My husbands in the military and i get bored st home by myself so i thought this job would be good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tina in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado said: Have you researched Anderson News Co. (anco.com)? They do most of the grocery magazine servicing. The greeting card companies do their own hiring so research Hallmark and American Greetings.

you do not want to work for american greetings i have had to quit do the treatment i received by the lead territory they will beat you down they have a big turn over because of this person

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tina in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

Judy in Tuscumbia, Alabama said: For American Greetings, you can apply online at:

careers.americangreetings.com

Select Merchandiser application in the middle of the page, then on the next page, click "apply here" and fill out the application. It is automatically forwarded on to the person responsible for the hiring in your local area. If there are no openings, it may take some time to hear back from someone.

this co will tear you down they have a big turn over because of the way they treat there girls

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

gtrudeljr in West Lafayette, Indiana

69 months ago

Noelle schiller in Redwood City, California said: I'm interested in finding someone to rep.. my greeting card lines. (i have an matching accessories line as well...canvas tote bags). Anyone interested pls conctact me at noelle@ilovemeowmeow.com.

my website is being rebuild, it will be up in two weeks.

Thank you
Noelle

I would be interested in seeing the line. Can you give me further details.
Thank You
Gtrudelj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Blue Springs, Missouri

68 months ago

I am intersted in a RM part time job in a greeting card department.

Brenda in Delray Beach, Florida

68 months ago

I am an experienced merchandiser looking to merchandise greeting cards in my area. .....thanks

vagabond in Glendale, Arizona

65 months ago

lyn in Strongsville, Ohio said: I am interested in part time magazine or greeting card field merchandising and would like to know whom to contact in the Cuyahoga or Medina County area.

How 'bout those Cavs!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kirti Vyas in Jaipur, India

64 months ago

I'm interested in card designing and making apart from that I know paper art also can you tell me where I can get the job of my anterest area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruchi Sharma in Jaipur, India

64 months ago

I'm interested in writing for cards and I'm very good in writing poems based on themes can you tell me where I can get the job of my interest area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kegkepper in Irwin, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

katherine in Greentown, Pennsylvania said: I am interested in becoming a merchandiser in Pa, New York area. Any kind of work. Cards, magazines, food, displays, or plan a grams. Do you know of anything?

try driveline you can apply on line they are always hiring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jaysmom0703 in High Point, North Carolina

61 months ago

I am looking for a company that hires workers to stock magazines in stores like Walmart or other stores. Does anyone know of a company to check with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bggtrk in Salt Lake City, Utah

61 months ago

Try looking on Narms.com

happycolors@embarqmail.com in Wake Forest, North Carolina

61 months ago

I used to merchandise Gibson cards in stores and also, do merchandising with products in Walmarts and grocery stores.
I can't remember the companies I did this for. Can anyone make suggestions.

Stacy in Inland Impire in Menifee, California

57 months ago

Hi, I'm currently looking for greeting card or magazine merchandising part time career. Love to be out with people very outgoing.

Thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

career man in Jacksonville, Florida

54 months ago

try Select Media Servies
proligix.com
The News Group
Time Media

Greedy in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

Think American Greetings is like Wal-Mart and on the third generation now. Old saying is 1st generation works hard and goes from rags to riches...2nd...holds and keeps money and 3rd....Squanders, loses money and goes back to rags.
Merchandising seems like a great job until you actually get the job and see that you may have to go to a store 4 times that week and only have 8 hours to do it in. Or a store that you go only one time but you only have 36 minutes to do it in. Expect minimum wage or slightly above, no mileage and much more work than the time you are allowed to do it in. And if you go over your time...OMG.

This is one Greedy Company. American Greedy!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

excluded in Yukon, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Most of the greeting card companies are all owned by hallmark or american greetings now. This last year has destroyed the business. :( Don't do it. Greedy is right. They expect you to bend over and take it because so many people are desperate for a job right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abused in Texas in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

excluded in Yukon, Oklahoma said: Most of the greeting card companies are all owned by hallmark or american greetings now. This last year has destroyed the business. :( Don't do it. Greedy is right. They expect you to bend over and take it because so many people are desperate for a job right now.

I agree. If you like abuse you would like working for one of these companies. Abused in Texas.

54 months ago

Greedy in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Think American Greetings is like Wal-Mart and on the third generation now. Old saying is 1st generation works hard and goes from rags to riches...2nd...holds and keeps money and 3rd....Squanders, loses money and goes back to rags.
Merchandising seems like a great job until you actually get the job and see that you may have to go to a store 4 times that week and only have 8 hours to do it in. Or a store that you go only one time but you only have 36 minutes to do it in. Expect minimum wage or slightly above, no mileage and much more work than the time you are allowed to do it in. And if you go over your time...OMG.

This is one Greedy Company. American Greedy!!!

You have nailed it correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Janet Franklin in Stafford, Virginia said: Looking for part time work in greeting card merchandiser in the Stafford Fredricksburg va my zip is 22556 Thank you

I don't think you want to go the American Greetings. route.

heather tess in warner robbins, Georgia

53 months ago

This company is unbelievable!! Reminds me of the olden days when people worked for the mills. You are expected to give them your life in exchange for a few pennies. I felt as if I were paying them to work by the time I used my cell phone, my home phone to transmit information, my computer, my gas and wear and tear on my car so that I could make a trip to my store and be given 36 or 48 minutes to complete task. Let's see that would be about $4.00 before taxes. What a joke!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Janet Imler in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

looking for a part time job , mechandising greeting cards.

Greeting Card Guy in Whitewater, Wisconsin

48 months ago

There are now opportunities available to be an independent distributor, where you get paid based on your results. For someone who is serious, I think this is a much better option than a merchandiser position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda Bates-Gremminger in Fort Worth, Texas

48 months ago

My friend and I would like to stock different stores in the Weatherford, Springtown,Bridgeport,Decature or the Mineral Wells, Texas stores. We are both retired and want to do something for a supplement income. I hope to heard from Hallmark or American greeting cards soon. We are anxious to start to work.Linda Bates-Gremminger

maya

47 months ago

tina in Tampa, Florida said: this co will tear you down they have a big turn over because of the way they treat there girls

Select Media is probably the name of the company the writer is talking about. I am one of the poorly treated people working for them. Be careful what you wish for. Know your manager first. Interview the manager. If you feel something is not right do not take the job. Do not accept under $11. They may promise you a raise but will not give it to you. The magazine industry has been hit hard. It is not the place to be right now. Medical is the place to be. There is merchansing in Medical establishments and Doctor's offices. Good luck.

Terri Pourah in College Station, Texas

46 months ago

Linda Bates-Gremminger in Fort Worth, Texas said: My friend and I would like to stock different stores in the Weatherford, Springtown,Bridgeport,Decature or the Mineral Wells, Texas stores. We are both retired and want to do something for a supplement income. I hope to heard from Hallmark or American greeting cards soon. We are anxious to start to work.Linda Bates-Gremminger

Did you have a positive outcome from this posting?

larryearl44@netzero.net

43 months ago

I am interested in a part time job as a card dispenser with american greetings in the cleveland county area of north carolina. I live 2 miles from cherryville, zip code 28021. joyce earl

carolyn wheeler in Tulsa, Oklahoma

43 months ago

Anyone looking for work as a emerchandiser go to Driveline Retail and click on emerchandiser and apply. Please put me ( Carolyn Wheeler) as person who referred you 77966 is my number that may be needed. They do all the cards and various other jobs in Dollar General and Familly dollar store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carolyn wheeler in Tulsa, Oklahoma

43 months ago

larryearl44@netzero.net said: I am interested in a part time job as a card dispenser with american greetings in the cleveland county area of north carolina. I live 2 miles from cherryville, zip code 28021. joyce earl

Apply at Driveline Retail and put me as your referral my name is Carolyn Wheeler and 77966 is my employee number. They are a good company for a little extra job on the side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gabby in Sherman Oaks, California

41 months ago

tina in Tampa, Florida said: you do not want to work for american greetings i have had to quit do the treatment i received by the lead territory they will beat you down they have a big turn over because of this person

How did you quit? Did you contact your territory leader or supervisor? I work for them now and I am planning on quitting because I also have been treated badly.

Barbara in Connersville, Indiana

40 months ago

Janet Imler in Phoenix, Arizona said: looking for a part time job , mechandising greeting cards.

I am looking for a part time job as a card dispenser for american or hallmark greeting cards in the fayette county area of connersville, indiana area my zip code is 47331 I would also be interested in working within 20 miles from my area

Mark Oreilly in Clifton, Texas

40 months ago

Apply online at www.americangreetings.jobs There's a link to "apply for a merchandiser position". Your app gets emailed to a live person. If they need someone in your area and you have retail experience; you will get an interview. You'll need a home phone line to transmit the equipment. Even if you don't have a home phone line- mark "yes" that you do; otherwise you may not get a call (you can get a phone line if you get the job). FYI- pay is much better if you have EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL Put in your comments section: I HAVE RETAIL EXPERIENCE AND GOOD WORK HISTORY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandy.com in San Antonio, Texas

40 months ago

Toni Czuj in Ocala, Florida said: I am interested in a job for greeting card merchandiser in Ocala Fl.

well i hope u don't apply for american greetings they don't give enought hours to work and they don't pay. maybe u may want to try hallmark.

40 months ago

I used to work for american greetings for 3 years, never got a raise nor enough hours to work, and the mr sandy would say it is what it is. I would consider for all people who want to work as merchandisers to look at other positions than greetings cards they don't pay. merchandisers usually start a payrate of $11.00 p/h and get mileage and travel time.

40 months ago

Linda Bates-Gremminger in Fort Worth, Texas said: My friend and I would like to stock different stores in the Weatherford, Springtown,Bridgeport,Decature or the Mineral Wells, Texas stores. We are both retired and want to do something for a supplement income. I hope to heard from Hallmark or American greeting cards soon. We are anxious to start to work.Linda Bates-Gremminger

well maybe from hallmark, cuz american greetings don't pay enough , not even to put gas to go to the store where ur going to work.

40 months ago

Abused in Texas in Chicago, Illinois said: I don't think you want to go the American Greetings. route.

I am with you, American Greetings is not a decent company to work for. being there, done that for 3 years. TEXAS

SNOWSTUFF in Murrysville, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

sandy.com in San Antonio, Texas said: I used to work for american greetings for 3 years, never got a raise nor enough hours to work, and the mr sandy would say it is what it is. I would consider for all people who want to work as merchandisers to look at other positions than greetings cards they don't pay. merchandisers usually start a payrate of $11.00 p/h and get mileage and travel time.

HOW TRUE. APPLIED FOR TM POSITION AND GOT HIRED FOR MERCHANDISER LEFT BECAUSE COULD NOT GET PROMOTED TO WHAT I APPLIED FOR . HAVE BUSINESS DEGREE WAS QUAILFIED

Porty in Coal Center, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

career man in Jacksonville, Florida said: try Select Media Servies
proligix.com
The News Group
Time Media

The News Group ,Select Media and PRologix are the same I would not SUGGEST them to anyone I worked there for 13 years and the last 2 years where hell.
Try Time Media,Harrisburgh News,Source Interlink, Newborn News. HDA

Porty in Coal Center, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

maya said: Select Media is probably the name of the company the writer is talking about. I am one of the poorly treated people working for them. Be careful what you wish for. Know your manager first. Interview the manager. If you feel something is not right do not take the job. Do not accept under $11. They may promise you a raise but will not give it to you. The magazine industry has been hit hard. It is not the place to be right now. Medical is the place to be. There is merchansing in Medical establishments and Doctor's offices. Good luck.

I support and know this is a fact...

19flash in Lubbock, Texas

32 months ago

Would like a job in the Lubbock Tex area...

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.