Schooling

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

birdcatmed@aol.com

68 months ago

I am looking for a school to enroll in Monitor Tech. Classes In the Bay area,Sanfrancisco.I am a Registered Med. Assistant and my first love is Cardiology. I loved doing the EKG's. Anyone out there that enjoys Cardiology? Love to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dboyz in Youngstown, Ohio

68 months ago

Yeah cardio is okay. I am a junior at a regular college, did 1 year of occupational therapy assist schooling, but I am a night person and you have to deal with alot of crazy stuff as an occupational therapist. So I have been floating in a general degree, not knowing what to do...lol. I am into sports and work out, so the cardio/the field has always been interesting to me. Plus I have had my fair share of injuries, torn hammy, figure 8 brace( broke my clavicle ), 3 concussions, and a fractured skull. Not to mention...lol...Sports hernia!
Anyways far as schools. I found a school thats accredited and you can take your exam through CCI or get nationally accreditted. Its $7,000.00 though, but you can get fin. aid. It teaches EKgs, Holter monitoring, stress testing, and vitals. It has 5 classes and some externship hours,. I dont know if this would make you qualified as a monitor tech or not, do you know? Also, do you think its worth it? Hey M/A is not a bad start. Couldnt you just find someone to teach you monitoring since your an assistant already too, but IDK.

el in Hopatcong, New Jersey

66 months ago

Anyways far as schools. I found a school thats accredited and you can take your exam through CCI or get nationally accreditted. Its $7,000.00 though, but you can get fin. aid. It teaches EKgs, Holter monitoring, stress testing, and vitals. It has 5 classes and some externship hours,. I dont know if this would make you qualified as a monitor tech or not, do you know?

YES, WITH THAT CERTIFICATION FROM CCI IT DOES, FOR WORKING AS HOLTER MON TECH, EKG TECH OR TELEMETRY TECH.

dboyz0123 in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

Thank you for the comment. Yeah I am going to do that in the summer, after classes. Then maybe go back to school and finish my general degree. I see so many ppl get degrees and either have to go back to school or get a cert in something. Every once in awhile I will have a friend with a B.A get what they like.IDK it could just be todays market.

me in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

how do you find an accredited program to become a Monitor Tech?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.