Is it hard to find work as a newbie EKG tech?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Leana in Virginia Beach, Virginia

59 months ago

I just graduated and am finding a slightly hard time finding a job. There are positions open but that is about it for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jon in Upland, California

58 months ago

It's really hard finding an opening job for EKG Tech. I recently graduated from this course April and up til now i can't find an opening i did found several openings but i was too busy for some reason but yea i would do this while i'll be going to college thus january i hope i will find an opening so i can work already you know its a lame filling that you studied for that and til now you haven't work in that field i hate it! But yeah nice to hear other comments. My cousin and aunt they get paid around 16.76 per hour i think and full times? Its fine money :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Long Beach, California

45 months ago

I finished a EKG Course in Oct. and have since then put out many resumes. Not one phone call for an interview yet...I know its been only 2 months but it seems like forever! I really hope something works out for me soon, till then I need to practice my rhythms because I can already feel myself forgetting. FYI...im comming out of 10 years of sales experience so my resume doesnt look all that great as far is experience goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikko67 in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

You're gonna have to lie on your resume...It's that simple....most hospitals require a yr experience....but how are suppose to get the experience when no one will hire you.

Stay on top of your rhythms because all hospitals will test you and get some strong references together, preferably, charge nurses.

But once you're in, you're in. Very easy job, with decent pay, especially here in san franscico/bay area.

Good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Riverside, California

40 months ago

Gina in Long Beach, California said: I finished a EKG Course in Oct. and have since then put out many resumes. Not one phone call for an interview yet...I know its been only 2 months but it seems like forever! I really hope something works out for me soon, till then I need to practice my rhythms because I can already feel myself forgetting. FYI...im comming out of 10 years of sales experience so my resume doesnt look all that great as far is experience goes.

Did u end up finding a job??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie George in Texas City, New Jersey

16 months ago

EKG Technician needs to know a lot of things like
12 lead ekg
3 lead ekg
5 lead ekg
10 lead ekg
15 lead ekg
Holters
Telemetry

Then apply for national certification exam, eventually on passing you can proof to your employer that you finish your training as well of certification requiresments.

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie George in Texas City, New Jersey

16 months ago

Gina in Long Beach, California said: I finished a EKG Course in Oct. and have since then put out many resumes. Not one phone call for an interview yet...I know its been only 2 months but it seems like forever! I really hope something works out for me soon, till then I need to practice my rhythms because I can already feel myself forgetting. FYI...im comming out of 10 years of sales experience so my resume doesnt look all that great as far is experience goes.

Apply in the cardiac rehab facilities or places where they only specialize in ekg procedures. and cardiology unit will require ekg technician

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Wilson in Tulsa, Oklahoma

15 months ago

Look into other certifications that are available as well.
<a href="www.ekgtechniciancenter.com/certifications/" rel="nofollow"></a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chris jodway in Lincoln Park, Michigan

9 months ago

Can someone help me with 3 EKG. I can read basic ones but having trouble coming up with a diagnosis for 3 ekgs. any help would be great thanks. I can email them to you my email is dmk0918@gmail.com

Thanks Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie George in Jacksonville, Florida

9 months ago

chris jodway in Lincoln Park, Michigan said: Can someone help me with 3 EKG. I can read basic ones but having trouble coming up with a diagnosis for 3 ekgs. any help would be great thanks. I can email them to you my email is dmk0918@gmail.com

Thanks Chris

Try looking out for at nccanow.com/learning_resources.html
The quiz might have your answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.