INSURANCE COMPANYS WE NEED THERE HELP

Comments (12)

candy cool in Kentucky

81 months ago

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IS MEDICARE AND THE INSURANCE COMPANYS NEED TO REINBURSE FOR PROCEDURES DONE WITH BSRT (NM)PEOPLE ONLY LIKE THEY DO WITH ULTRASOUND RDMS AND VASULAR PROCEDURES THE INSURANCE COMPANYS CONTROL THE MARKET IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE.

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

You don't have to have a bachelors in ultrasound, you just have to be certified. I agree you should have to be certified in Nuc.Med. I think the schools need to be regulated. There is NO longer a demand for NMT's, most going into the program are unaware of this. I have a BS and 10 years of experience which includes PET/CT. I do have a FT PRN job which would have gone to a recent graduate 2 years ago. In this market it really doesn't matter what degree you have, if you just graduated you're going to have a difficult time finding work....Most hospitals want experience.

candy cool in Kentucky

81 months ago

I been in field for 25 years what I was refering to was about 13 years ago insurance companys said they wouldnt pay OPT. office if they werent certified in Ultrasound. ANYWAY HOW EVER YOU READ IT. I am in the same boat no full time position only PRN.
THANKS

81 months ago

candy cool in Kentucky said: WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IS MEDICARE AND THE INSURANCE COMPANYS NEED TO REINBURSE FOR PROCEDURES DONE WITH BSRT (NM)PEOPLE ONLY LIKE THEY DO WITH ULTRASOUND RDMS AND VASULAR PROCEDURES THE INSURANCE COMPANYS CONTROL THE MARKET IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE.

What you said was insurance companies should only reimburse if you have a BSRT(N). I don't agree, there are alot of good Techs out there with a 2 year degree. The solution is to regulate the SCHOOLS....

candy cool in Kentucky

81 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: What you said was insurance companies should only reimburse if you have a BSRT(N). I don't agree, there are alot of good Techs out there with a 2 year degree. The solution is to regulate the SCHOOLS....

What I said was I hope insurance companys will demand a Bac. degree before they
reinburse for payments in 2015 for nuclear medicine procedures. I would love to see a big cut. Sorry you dont make the cut or maybe to do any how. There are a lot of great nurse aides also but where do you draw the line.

81 months ago

candy cool in Kentucky said: What I said was I hope insurance companys will demand a Bac. degree before they
reinburse for payments in 2015 for nuclear medicine procedures. I would love to see a big cut. Sorry you dont make the cut or maybe to do any how. There are a lot of great nurse aides also but where do you draw the line.

Sorry but I do make the cut and I still don't agree with you. You would love to see a big cut? I would love to see those who are in the profession stay. Again the solution is to regulate the schools....NOT put Techs out of work.

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina

81 months ago

Insurance companies are looking at whether the department is ACR or ICANL accredited. In order to obtain initial accreditation it is enough that at least one of the techs is certified. Upon renewal of the accreditation, then all thecs in the department have to be registered. If we wait for the insurance companies to do that with the hopes that this will help our job market, we might just as well wait for a "dead horse to kick"... It is unfortunate that this is happening with our profession...

Jim in Marion, North Carolina

81 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: Sorry but I do make the cut and I still don't agree with you. You would love to see a big cut? I would love to see those who are in the profession stay. Again the solution is to regulate the schools....NOT put Techs out of work.

I agree Marie, this is a moronic line of thought. Its just someone with a bachelors degree wanting to exclude all the associate degree techs from the profession. This is not a case of sour grapes either, I don't work in a hospital setting. I work in medical research that has nothing to do with reimbursement so don't assume that because you have a bachelors degree that you are a better tech than someone with an associates.

81 months ago

Jim in Marion, North Carolina said: I agree Marie, this is a moronic line of thought. Its just someone with a bachelors degree wanting to exclude all the associate degree techs from the profession. This is not a case of sour grapes either, I don't work in a hospital setting. I work in medical research that has nothing to do with reimbursement so don't assume that because you have a bachelors degree that you are a better tech than someone with an associates.

There are good Tech's and there are bad Tech's the degree really has nothing to do with it, in my experience. The job market is just tight and depressing if you ask me. I feel a bit betrayed, because I worked when you couldn't find Tech's and now all I can find is PRN. I guess thats what I get for working outpatient, but I thought I paid my dues with call....

81 months ago

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas said: There are good Tech's and there are bad Tech's the degree really has nothing to do with it, in my experience. The job market is just tight and depressing if you ask me. I feel a bit betrayed, because I worked when you couldn't find Tech's and now all I can find is PRN. I guess thats what I get for working outpatient, but I thought I paid my dues with call....

Marie, I agree with you, but we are all paying the price of the oversaturated market with techs, the bad economy and the employer's greed for saving money and pushing their employees to the limit. Employers are taking advantage of the current situation like there is no tomorrow and like we are not humans, just working bees that have no voice and even if we do, we must keep our mouth shut in order to keep our jobs.

81 months ago

Saly in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Marie, I agree with you, but we are all paying the price of the oversaturated market with techs, the bad economy and the employer's greed for saving money and pushing their employees to the limit. Employers are taking advantage of the current situation like there is no tomorrow and like we are not humans, just working bees that have no voice and even if we do, we must keep our mouth shut in order to keep our jobs.

Saly I know what you mean, it use to be whenever there was a liitle down time you could sit and drink a coke and visit a little....Now because I'm PRN I get sent home. I get FT hours most of the time, but it still sux not having a FT job with benefits after all these years. What really gets me is the potential students who read these forums and still sign up for the program. Even if they don't believe us, how hard is it to research a job makret.

80 months ago

Has one heard that the insurance companies are now requiring precertification for every PET scan? That the referring physician has to call the insurance company physician and speak with them prior to authorizing the payment of the PET scan? What a slap would that be? How many do you think would be the referring docs that would drop everything and call to personally speak with the insurance company docs to convince them that their patients need a PET? I tell you what... they would rather order a plain CT and/or MRI before they even consider picking up the phone. Has any one else heard about this?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.