The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about nurse assistant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Karen Alexander in Warren, Michigan

18 months ago

What I enjoy most about being a nursing assistant is the one on one direct interaction with my patients. Every night on my way home, while I may be tired, sometimes exhausted, I am rewarded by the people I care for.

What I dislike about my position is the poor scheduling due to budgets. I feel that to truly "care" for each of your patients on your shift, the schedule could be a bit more lenient giving each CNA the same amount of patients the RN gets (roughly 5, rather than 8-10). I find it most challenging running from patient to patient always in a complete hurry, when 1 more person could alleviate the "running". You can truly care completely for your scheduled patients.

Very little opportunities to advance unless you are in college for Nursing. Some of the younger, newer RN's look down on you (me, as a CNA) & expect everything done for them. That's very degrading to me as a hard working Assistant.

What keeps me at my job, is my patients. While there are a lot of CNA's that make it "just a job", I look forward to see a patient walk out of the hospital with the hope that they have been healed or on the road to recovery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.