medvance nursing program in houston texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

blackstone in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

brnskinn2009 in Houston, Texas said: hey everybody
i wantedc to know if anybody heard about medvance nursing program in houston texas and if anybody had any info like how much it cost what are the requirements
and if anybody attending right now thanks!!

HI Brnskinn2009, I heard someone tell me it's a great school but that's only one person.i am going to meet with admissions for the vn program. I am new here in texas 3 mos.so if you hear anything let me know pls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tc in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

I attended the open house a couple months ago when they were recruiting for the fist class starting, at that time the class was priced at about 24k. With 100% financial aid they said that students would have a monthly co-payment in the area of $350.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

brnskinn2009 in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

thanks tc but do u know what would be the remainder of the balance when financial aid pays their part and did u decide 2 go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DOAM in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

brnskinn2009 in Houston, Texas said: thanks tc but do u know what would be the remainder of the balance when financial aid pays their part and did u decide 2 go

Call and talk to a rep. i was going to go n the lvn program there but changed my mind. there really helpfull with any questions u might have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DOAM in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

tinkmama in Houston, Texas said: is this program only offered in the daytime like 8-4p or can I take night classes? I am asking because I am in a deadend job as a phlebotomist and thought I could keep my job and go to class at night.

unless they changed it, then it is still only 8am-4pm, the program im in is 8am-1pm which is the CST (Surgical Technology) and is 13 mos. i know that program has 1pm to 6pm but dont know when that one starts. i can tell u that u will have to take the TEAS i heard one rep. telling a person that and pay $250 for your seat...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DOAM in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

tinkmama in Houston, Texas said: Thank you. i called and the lady told me she had no info at the time which I thought was strange.

If you want you can come to the houston south campus on Sat. Feb 20 at 11am for open house they having im sure they should be able to help alot more in person.... if you give me your e-mail i can get as much info for u if u like just let me know!

ap129 in Livingston, Louisiana

56 months ago

DOAM in Houston, Texas said: unless they changed it, then it is still only 8am-4pm, the program im in is 8am-1pm which is the CST (Surgical Technology) and is 13 mos. i know that program has 1pm to 6pm but dont know when that one starts. i can tell u that u will have to take the TEAS i heard one rep. telling a person that and pay $250 for your seat...

HI, I am thinking about enrolling in the CST program here in Baton Rouge. How do you like it? Is it a good school? Thanks for any help you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DOAM in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

ap129 in Livingston, Louisiana said: HI, I am thinking about enrolling in the CST program here in Baton Rouge. How do you like it? Is it a good school? Thanks for any help you can give.

Ima say your lucky to be at the BR location they have a lot more programs then my campus have and I didn’t even know bout them and I stayed only 45 mins away from there and would have made that ride but to your question. I haven started yet wont start tell March 8. At first I was really trying to go for the LVN program but when they went over each program the CST caught my eye and I was just stuck on it. Form the students I have talked to current and past it s what you put into it. If u hear folks saying they didn’t finish the program because they didn’t take it as serious and thought it would be a piece of cake. I haven’t heard nothing bad about the MedVance in BR though actually good things my friend told me he know a lot of people who went to MedVance for there LPN and they doing great. If do go for the CST become CERTIFIED so you will be able to work in all 50 states you never know what could happen in life. If you want more info leave ya e-mail and I tell what ever I learn when I start school.

Ap129 in Livingston, Louisiana

56 months ago

Thanks DOAM for the info. If I do decide to enroll it want be until Sept. I can't find anyone in this area that has attended the school. Thanks again for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

Lvn school is better at saint jack or hcc. if you go to medvance you will pay an enormous amount of money for a mediocre program. it is not a good school. in fact most of the technical schools have bad reputations. do yourself a favor. go to a real school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

john in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

ask the admission rep how many students( with proof ) have passed their nursing bords. find more info at rip off report.com do it the right way not at a school with inferior education.

toya in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

tinkmama in Houston, Texas said: is this program only offered in the daytime like 8-4p or can I take night classes? I am asking because I am in a deadend job as a phlebotomist and thought I could keep my job and go to class at night.

hey tinkmama where do you work as a phlebotomist in houston i been looking for a job since 2008

dede574 in College Station, Texas

52 months ago

Hi i was just wondering how is the program for you and if you knew how long the LVN program is?

DOAM in Houston, Texas said: Ima say your lucky to be at the BR location they have a lot more programs then my campus have and I didn’t even know bout them and I stayed only 45 mins away from there and would have made that ride but to your question. I haven started yet wont start tell March 8. At first I was really trying to go for the LVN program but when they went over each program the CST caught my eye and I was just stuck on it. Form the students I have talked to current and past it s what you put into it. If u hear folks saying they didn’t finish the program because they didn’t take it as serious and thought it would be a piece of cake. I haven’t heard nothing bad about the MedVance in BR though actually good things my friend told me he know a lot of people who went to MedVance for there LPN and they doing great. If do go for the CST become CERTIFIED so you will be able to work in all 50 states you never know what could happen in life. If you want more info leave ya e-mail and I tell what ever I learn when I start school.

dede574 in College Station, Texas

52 months ago

I just wanted to know how the program is going for you? And also if you know hoe long the LVN program is?

DOAM in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

dede574 in College Station, Texas said: I just wanted to know how the program is going for you? And also if you know hoe long the LVN program is?

there LVN program is 12 months and the ST program im in is going great had a few bumps in the road but its all good now. One thing i can say many of my classmates and myself included are using this as an stepping stone for bigger & brighter opportunities in our futures like PA or MD.

you know me in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

medvance practical nurse student. It's a tough program. They teach you EVERYTHING because the instructors are either PHD or working on their PHDs.One student told me medvance curriculum is more involved than the junior colleges around here. I think the way medvance teaches the LVN is, as if you were going for the RN bridge programs you'd understand better than the average student from another school, so they really want you to succeed in advancement of you nursing career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

you know me in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

DOAM in Houston, Texas said: there LVN program is 12 months and the ST program im in is going great had a few bumps in the road but its all good now. One thing i can say many of my classmates and myself included are using this as an stepping stone for bigger & brighter opportunities in our futures like PA or MD.

hey DOAM you guys wear the blue scrubs? what room you guys in?

gg in Beaumont, Texas

49 months ago

I thinking about enrolling @ medvance for the lvn program. I had no idea about the cost & how hard the program would be & I dont believe financial aid pays 100% at any tech skool

going4medV in Missouri City, Texas

49 months ago

What test do MAs sit for after taking the 8 month course @ 14,000?

DOAM in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

you know me in Houston, Texas said: hey DOAM you guys wear the blue scrubs? what room you guys in?

ALL THE STUDENTS AT THE SCHOOL WEARS BLUE SCRUBS EXCEPT THE LVN STUDENTS THEY WEAR WHITE SCRUBS!!! THEY HAVE MANY ROOMS THEY TEACH ST IN!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nursing student 2010 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

We did not have many rooms at all. We sometimes had to change rooms because the other programs were having class in that particular room at a specific time. We only had 2 classrooms the whole year, and the skills lab.

shell in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

nursing student 2010 in Houston, Texas said: We did not have many rooms at all. We sometimes had to change rooms because the other programs were having class in that particular room at a specific time. We only had 2 classrooms the whole year, and the skills lab.

Watch your back.......All the MA's I know, can't find a job....by the way, I am an LVN, very hard getting my first job....(6 months ago)

shondamae04 in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

I went to Medvance to get info on their LVN rog had to take an entrance test...missed by 2 question and test had NOTHING to do with nursing. the rep said I had to take MA...enrolled bt lata dropped whn I found out I had Full Fin Aid...da skool took out 2 student loans and I wz paying 100 monthly out of pocket...JUX 4 MA PRogram

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shame on them in Arlington, Texas

45 months ago

I went to medvance. I finished the ST program it was 20,000 in 2006. Never found a job in the field. Everyone wanted experience; not just your extern. I feel i was ripped offed. I ended up being a endoscopy tech. I thought it was a good thing to get in. Then, I founded out that the other techs never went to school. They just applied. Shame on MedVance for telling out right lies!!!

KAT in Porter, Texas

45 months ago

Shame on them in Arlington, Texas said: I went to medvance. I finished the ST program it was 20,000 in 2006. Never found a job in the field. Everyone wanted experience; not just your extern. I feel i was ripped offed. I ended up being a endoscopy tech. I thought it was a good thing to get in. Then, I founded out that the other techs never went to school. They just applied. Shame on MedVance for telling out right lies!!!

Is Medvance a CAAHEP accredited school? I don't think they are. If they aren't, shame on you for not researching and attending an accredited program. Are you a Certified Surgical Technologist through the AST (the only certification recognized in TX now)?

My husband is recent grad CST. It took him over 3 months to find a job after applying everywhere. Then after he took the job he got several more call backs from other hospitals. Yes, the job field for ST is competitive, but it is not impossible to get a job.

KAT in Porter, Texas

45 months ago

shondamae04 in Houston, Texas said: I went to Medvance to get info on their LVN rog had to take an entrance test...missed by 2 question and test had NOTHING to do with nursing. the rep said I had to take MA...enrolled bt lata dropped whn I found out I had Full Fin Aid...da skool took out 2 student loans and I wz paying 100 monthly out of pocket...JUX 4 MA PRogram

Is this a joke? I can see why you weren't admitted... BTW the entrance tests don't have anything to do with nursing. They simply gauge a person's intelligence level to make sure they are appropriate for the nursing program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bri in Humble, Texas

44 months ago

I would not suggest anyone to go to Medvance. I just completed the SPT program there. It's way overpriced!! My tuition was 11K for the program I was in, and after completing the program, I found that San Jac had the program available way cheaper than Medvance. I as well been having an difficult time trying to find a job since I finished the program. Been on one interview for a prn position, but other than that no luck. And just to point out, I am certified SPT as well. Out of all of the hospitals in Houston, the only hospitals that seem to be hiring in the position i'm looking for is at Memorial Hermann & Harris County Hospital District. Medvance is an accredited school, but just like a lot of technical schools, they're not really reputable.

So to anyone looking to get into the medical field, please go check with community colleges to see if they have the program you want available. The education you get from there is more valuable and the tuition is reasonable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nelly8706 in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

john in Houston, Texas said: ask the admission rep how many students( with proof ) have passed their nursing bords. find more info at rip off report.com do it the right way not at a school with inferior education.

I don't have to ask. It's on the Texas Board of Nursing website. They are fully accredited, so that tells this IS indeed a "REAL" school. If their information is enough for their students to pass the NCLEX then that should be good enough for anybody. Employers don't care what all you did in school, all they care about is if you have your license, and if you do it tells that you are qualified for the LVN job you are applying for.

nelly8706 in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

KAT in Porter, Texas said: Is this a joke? I can see why you weren't admitted... BTW the entrance tests don't have anything to do with nursing. They simply gauge a person's intelligence level to make sure they are appropriate for the nursing program.

It isn't suppose to cover any nursing topics. Wouldn't that be the point of you attending a school for nursing. Any who, it's just a placement exam. Community colleges have the same thing practically. Lets them know where they need to place you and if your intellectual skill are up to par for you to be able to succeed in the field. The way they see it, they're already expensive and if they don't think you'll be able to pass, then they KNOW they'll be just taking your money. Obviously if you want to be a nurse, you like the medical field, so they try to give you something that'll still satisfy your needs!!!

michaelmtta in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I called Medvance but they would not give me any info for the Lvn program over the phone. So I went in. They made me fill out a questionair asking about things that have no relevence to the school. The aske if I had kids and how old they were. Also they ask if I was married and when the date I got married. They wanted me to take an assesment test. I didn't even know if I wanted to go there. I just wanted information. After filling out pointless forms I sat in the waiting room for 45mins. I said screw this and left. Two days later I called them back and told them what had happend. I told them I just wanted gereral info over the phone. The refused and said I need to come in. They seem really shady. I spoke to 3 different people there, all of which were very unhelpful. Something is exreamly wrong with that place and those people. There office does not seem like a school office. It's more like a car dealer sales office.

Nick in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

michaelmtta in Houston, Texas said: I called Medvance but they would not give me any info for the Lvn program over the phone. So I went in. They made me fill out a questionair asking about things that have no relevence to the school. The aske if I had kids and how old they were. Also they ask if I was married and when the date I got married. They wanted me to take an assesment test. I didn't even know if I wanted to go there. I just wanted information. After filling out pointless forms I sat in the waiting room for 45mins. I said screw this and left. Two days later I called them back and told them what had happend. I told them I just wanted gereral info over the phone. The refused and said I need to come in. They seem really shady. I spoke to 3 different people there, all of which were very unhelpful. Something is exreamly wrong with that place and those people. There office does not seem like a school office. It's more like a car dealer sales office.

hey sorry about your experience. i had to go through the same ordeal, but i stuck with it. i can honestly say that all those questions in the form do relate, that's how they advice you and lets you know how your lifestyle or lifesetting will play a major role in attending the LVN program. the thing is that, it requires very long hours and i have seen people who have family and work, struggle and struggle and struggle and it takes a beating on their life and school work. good news is that this school will soon be changed to a two year college, "Fortis College". they have a reputable nursing program. also soon in the future they'll be expanding and might have RN program. so check this place out, by the way, it's extremely expensive to attend here.

nursingwoman in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

Hello has anyone actually completed the LVN program in Houston at MEDVANCE? If so how was it? What was the pass ratio ?Had you did you state board test? Were the teachers helpful? THANKS

newLvn in Pasadena, Texas

33 months ago

Yes I completed the program September 09....

nikkiboo in Seabrook, Texas

33 months ago

Accreditation has nothing to do with transferring college credit,university' s and community colleges will NOT except credit from a tech. School which means your wasting your time and you cant further you education in that field.Accreditation - means a specific. Organization approve the program. When you look for a medical job its all about the school attended,that get you the job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.