LVN programs is Dallas fort worth TEXAS???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Meagan Styles in Fort worth

59 months ago

I keep searching programs and Ive seen a few does anyone know is there is one that has a day program that starts at around 8:30am instead of 8am? Or maybe midmorning or day? I get off work at 8am and I'm trying despratly to find a program to enroll in but everything either starts at 8am or the night courses run over 8pm.

I work 8pm to 8am 3 nights a week.

Any schools or refrences please!? Even if you don't know the schedual. I'm just looking for all the schools possible!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

Just keep in mind that full time LVN school is usually 7-8 hours daily Monday-Friday. This includes a mix of classroom and clinical time. That would be really impossible if you were working 12 hour shifts during the week. Can you switch to weekends and/or cut back your hours? Very few of my classmates worked full-time, most of us didn't work at all or were part-time on the weekend. Here is an official list of every single LVN program in our state:
www.bon.state.tx.us/nursingeducation/edudocs/vnschools.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: Just keep in mind that full time LVN school is usually 7-8 hours daily Monday-Friday. This includes a mix of classroom and clinical time. That would be really impossible if you were working 12 hour shifts during the week. Can you switch to weekends and/or cut back your hours? Very few of my classmates worked full-time, most of us didn't work at all or were part-time on the weekend. Here is an official list of every single LVN program in our state:
www.bon.state.tx.us/nursingeducation/edudocs/vnschools.pdf

thanks I know that typically people cannot work full time buy with my job providing the hours fall into place rest and studying is not a problem I'm a home health aid and I attend community college I typically take well over a full course load my problem isn't the "school work" it's just the hours since I'm only avaliable during the day. I've looked into Concorde but people have told me there not fully honest and will tell you one thing then the hours tend to change to another and then that can create a problem. A program that's 8a to 6 or even 7p is fine with me. I'm just curious as to if any hours will change for clinicals or any other reason and then leave me in a bad situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

59 months ago

I attended Concorde a few years back and the classroom hours always remained the same. However the clinical hours can vary and you are not guaranteed any particular hours or location. However you should know ahead of time what days you will be attending clinicals. For example, in level one I had nursing home clinicals 2 days a week 6a-2p, level 2 was 2 days a week in a hospital 3p-1p1, level 3 was 3 days a week 11a-7p in a LTACH. For each level there are about 5-6 different clinical sites with different times available. One clinical site had weekend days available. They will try to accomodate you but nothing is a definite promise. You have to be flexible. Unfortunately if you cannot be somewhat flexible, then you may not be able to finish the program. I did see some folks in my class really struggling with this because they had families to support and in some cases they were forced to drop out because they couldn't meet the obligations. They will tell you that you pretty much have to put your life on hold for a year. I didn't find the coursework terribly hard most of the time but it is very demanding and time consuming. Plan to also spend 1-2 hours a night studying. I don't mean to discourage you, but just wanted you to know exactly what you are getting into. It's doable but you might have to make some sacrifices, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Question: so were there different times for eachclinical you could choose from? Or were you assigned to a certain place at a certain time? Also do you have class room time after clinicals like if classroom hours are 8 to 6 do you go to school after clincals? Or the other days of the week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

58 months ago

Meagan Styles in Fort worth said: Question: so were there different times for eachclinical you could choose from? Or were you assigned to a certain place at a certain time? Also do you have class room time after clinicals like if classroom hours are 8 to 6 do you go to school after clincals? Or the other days of the week

Classroom and clinicals are full days of each. One clinical I attended was 6a-2pm, the others in the afternoon or evenings. Like I said though, you don't really get to "choose". You put in your top 3 and they will assign you. I went there 4-5 years ago, so things could be different now so just find out first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shaniqua Hall in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Meagan Styles in Fort worth said: I keep searching programs and Ive seen a few does anyone know is there is one that has a day program that starts at around 8:30am instead of 8am? Or maybe midmorning or day? I get off work at 8am and I'm trying despratly to find a program to enroll in but everything either starts at 8am or the night courses run over 8pm.

I work 8pm to 8am 3 nights a week.

Any schools or refrences please!? Even if you don't know the schedual. I'm just looking for all the schools possible!

has anyone heard of the dallasnursing institute

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaniqua Hall in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Have anyone heard of the Dallas Nursing Institute?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lliaudi03@yahoo.com in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

Shaniqua Hall in Dallas, Texas said: Have anyone heard of the Dallas Nursing Institute?[/QUOTE

If you get information about Dallas nursing inst please let us know how is it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ronnique Garner in Florissant, Missouri

14 months ago

What other schools are good for Lpn in Dallas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.