LVN schools in OC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 298)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

jay in Southfield, Michigan

86 months ago

Im thinking of going back to school to become an LVN. Any suggestions for schools that I should go to. Is Stanbridge college in Irvine accredited?Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

The truth in Aliso Viejo, California

85 months ago

jay in Southfield, Michigan said: Im thinking of going back to school to become an LVN. Any suggestions for schools that I should go to. Is Stanbridge college in Irvine accredited?Thanks

Don't go. American Career College in Anaheim is established.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Pico Rivera, California

85 months ago

But isn't ACA only for VN and not LVN, or how does that work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gayle

84 months ago

anyone know of classes online for LVN to RN? Any that California will accept? I need to get this done and campuses are so impacted and hard to get into(NURSING SCHOOLS). suegleee@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Pico Rivera, California

84 months ago

try University of Phoenix in California

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha in Redlands, California

84 months ago

Gayle said: anyone know of classes online for LVN to RN? Any that California will accept? I need to get this done and campuses are so impacted and hard to get into(NURSING SCHOOLS). suegleee@aol.com

Indiana state University has an online LVN to RN program that's accredited in Ca. The University sets up your clinicals where you live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Deeann in Roseville, California

79 months ago

Both University of Phoenix and Indiana programs are LVN to RN,BSN. Anyone know of an online LVN to RN step-up only program accepted in CA? (Already have AS degree)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

vero in Santa Ana, California

77 months ago

What are the real steps you need to go thru to become a RN?
there is so much going around that you need this and that.
but do you really need email.. me.. ! vgutierrez@dir.ca.gov
im a beginner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: I just started an LVN program in La Puente, its a year long. After I complete that I have the option of the ladder program to become an RN. There are many hospitals that have programs where you can sign a 2 year contract with them to work as an lvn and they will have the program at their hospital for the RN a year long. Some you pay some you do not. There are only a couple of pre reqs after LVN i do beleive, if any.

ALSO. the private schools are at least 25K for LVN and the school in La Puente is 4500 total. You just need to pass high on the basic assessment testing to get in. You do not have a bill for years to come because you pay as you go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

thank you !! for that information, just because im moving to san diego, starting in april, im getting marriend in april. so or else i would be attending school in LP ROP. i seen they do have programs. So, maybe you know info on where i can go in san diego? j/k thanks for your info. where are you right now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Check the adult schools. The school that i am attending is Hacienda La Puente Adult School. If they have it there I am sure they should have that program at other Adult schools. Its public and not private.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

OH YEAH THANK YOU. I HAVE GONE THERE. I HAVE TOOKEN CHILD DEVELOPMENT CLASSES TO just BECOME A STINKY PRESCHOOL TEACHER.. WORK WAS FUN, SCHOOL CLASSES WERE EASY BUT TRUST ME, PAY IS NOT FUN AND GOOD.. !!
OKAY THANKS FOR THE ADVISE AND GOOD LUCK.!! TO YOU!
I WILLBE SEARCHING FOR ADULT SCHOOLS IN SAN DIEGO.

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Desiree in North Hollywood, California

76 months ago

PLEASE HELP!! I have been trying so hard to find an ONLINE "LVN/LPN" or Associates in RN courses. What colleges online offer these programs. I am a medical assistant and wish to take the next step up. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jojo in La Mirada, California

76 months ago

Try (800)39-learn, www.college-net.com. They came to our school to recruit us after we are done with the LVN course. It may be expensive though. Indiana State University (The college network). Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: Try (800)39-learn, www.college-net.com. They came to our school to recruit us after we are done with the LVN course. It may be expensive though. Indiana State University (The college network). Good luck.

I also suggest going to your local Junior college and seeing a counselor so they can direct you regarding what you need to become an RN. If you want the LVN-RN or just to get into the RN program. Its too confusing and is much better to get a free counselor to help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joann gue in Westminster, California

76 months ago

were is a good private school for lvn? i need help

diana in Whittier, California

75 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: ALSO. the private schools are at least 25K for LVN and the school in La Puente is 4500 total. You just need to pass high on the basic assessment testing to get in. You do not have a bill for years to come because you pay as you go.

hello my name is diana i am looking to find schools that offer an LVN program but like you said most of them are at least 25k...you mentioned that their is a school in LP that only cost 4500 that sounds really good :) what is this school called?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Does anyone know of any LVN or AA in RN online classes I can take?? Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

This is in the thread already, but I will post it again:
jojo in La Mirada, California said: Try (800)39-learn, www.college-net.com. They came to our school to recruit us after we are done with the LVN course. It may be expensive though. Indiana State University (The college network). Good luck.

LVN to RN ONLINE COURSE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Just LVN online course. I am not an LVN yet

Angee in Chino Hills, California

75 months ago

I am not sure if you will be able to locate an on-line LVN course. I have been searching for all available LVN courses in the state of California for the past year and a half...and what I have found in my research are LVN courses held at private schools (which are truly a rip off!), junior colleges, adult schools, and ROPs (which are the better choices in regards to cost).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Please help? What are your findings for private schools in CA? Are they online. Right now I am willing to pay anything to try and get an LVN online. I understand I have to do clinicals elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pete in Fresno, California

75 months ago

thanks everyone... i have been waiting for almost 2 years to get into an RN program here in fresno. i'm done with all my AA requirements all i need is the program but then it's just so hard to get into. i'm probably going to try to do the lvn program and then move my way up eventually to a practitioner. thanks to all. i live in fresno but then if there is a lvn program that is a year only then i'd be willing to relocate. anywhere close to santa ana would be nice. if you know of any please let me know. if there are any RN programs available it would be even better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JOANN in Westminster, California

75 months ago

I LIVE IN WESTMINSTER I NEED TO FIND A LVN PRIVATE COURSE DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ONE IN THE OC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JOANN in Westminster, California

75 months ago

Angee in Chino Hills, California said: I am not sure if you will be able to locate an on-line LVN course. I have been searching for all available LVN courses in the state of California for the past year and a half...and what I have found in my research are LVN courses held at private schools (which are truly a rip off!), junior colleges, adult schools, and ROPs (which are the better choices in regards to cost).

I HEARD IS HARD TO GET INTO THE ROP PROGRAM FOR LVN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Try your local Adult School. Yes they are hard to get in, you have to score high on the assesment test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

What private schools online have you found for LVN online??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Check out North Orange County ROP in Anaheim. Here is the website: www.nocrop.tec.ca.us/
High school and adult students. 13-month Vocational Nursing Program. Full time program Monday through Friday. This ROP LVN program is based on the point system. You need 75 points along with passing the exam (the cost for the exam is $10.00)to be awarded an interview. The points are accumulated by taking health courses with clinical component (which can be taken at the ROP), college courses (anatomy, physiology, microbiology,chemistry, pathophysiology), as well as accumulated college units. Points are also given if you have health work related experience. For more information, VN information meetings may be heard on a recorded message at (714) 502-5957 for upcoming LVN class.
Please note, this is a good time to get started because by 2010, the adult population attempting to get into a LVN program through a ROP will begin to accept only
5 to 10 perecent of adults thanks to your governor!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Here is a link to most of the Adult School in California. You will have to go each link to find out if they have an LVN program.

www.adultedlearners.org/browse/index.cfm?fuseaction=view&catid=2
Also, here is another ROP with a LVN Program:

www.baldyviewrop.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Any online schools?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I have only heard of RN online colleges. I think you have to go to school for LVN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

What about AA in nursing (RN) online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

The only way from my understanding to take on-line RN courses, you'll have to already be a LVN, and no, I haven't found on-line LVN course because I don't think they exist. There is no other way!!! Sorry.

75 months ago

Here is a link to see if you can found a LVN program that is accredited in the state of california.

www.bvnpt.ca.gov/

75 months ago

When selecting a LVN program...please make sure you check their passing rate. Especially, if you are think about a private school because most of their passing rates are pretty low.

www.bvnpt.ca.gov/Education/Schools/Pass_Rates.asp

75 months ago

I agree. If you have to work, try to work at night or weekends so you can take the year long LVN course then you can apply for an RN online course. Good Luck!

75 months ago

To JoJo in La Mirada...regarding the LVN program in La Puente...the entrance exam, was it a basic test or do you really need to brush up on lost skills?

75 months ago

Hello, its basic math to pre-algebra, reading and comp, and a test that is kind of like the IQ test, spelling, acronyms/synonyms. Its about 4 hours long and they hold it once a week. The next class starts in January, the PRE VN is in I think Aug. You have to score very high because they have hundreds of people taking the test, then they send about 100 letters out for the PRE VN of those who scored the highest, out of the 100 only 30 get selected twice a year. I would suggest brushing up. You want to get 12th grade and higher on your scores. Most people get 10th grade level believe it or not. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I would go and take the test now so you can be at the top of the list for high scoring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: Hello, its basic math to pre-algebra, reading and comp, and a test that is kind of like the IQ test, spelling, acronyms/synonyms. Its about 4 hours long and they hold it once a week. The next class starts in January, the PRE VN is in I think Aug. You have to score very high because they have hundreds of people taking the test, then they send about 100 letters out for the PRE VN of those who scored the highest, out of the 100 only 30 get selected twice a year. I would suggest brushing up. You want to get 12th grade and higher on your scores. Most people get 10th grade level believe it or not. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I would go and take the test now so you can be at the top of the list for high scoring.

Thank you for the information.:-D
Are you able to take the test more than once per LVN extrance date? At Baldview ROP, you are only allowed to take the test once per LVN start date. Also, I noticed on the La Puente website, they have a lab which allows one to brush up on english and math skills. Do you know of anyone who utilized the lab to brush up on their skills, and was it helpful?

75 months ago

You can take the test over and over and they will take the higher scores and replace them with the lower. Yes they do have a lab to help you. I think its a great opp! Its cheap and the passing rate is high.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Fantastic! Thank you again for the info! :-D

Kelly in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

jojo in La Mirada, California said: This is in the thread already, but I will post it again:

LVN to RN ONLINE COURSE

What school did you go to for your LVN?

jojo in Fullerton, California

74 months ago

Read the thread...

Deedee in Whittier, California

74 months ago

jay in Southfield, Michigan said: Im thinking of going back to school to become an LVN. Any suggestions for schools that I should go to. Is Stanbridge college in Irvine accredited?Thanks

West Coast University in Anaheim offeres and LVN-RN bridge program. Some of the ADN courses are offered online and the others on campus. It is not cheap but it will get you done. I am in my 30th wk of the 80 wk program. If you have some of the courses required you get credited for those. They also have a Los Angeles campus. Good luck

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Deedee in Whittier, California said: West Coast University in Anaheim offeres and LVN-RN bridge program. Some of the ADN courses are offered online and the others on campus. It is not cheap but it will get you done. I am in my 30th wk of the 80 wk program. If you have some of the courses required you get credited for those. They also have a Los Angeles campus. Good luck

Hi Deedee,
I went to an info session @ the WCU Los Angeles campus & yes, it's very very expensive but they made it seem as if I wouldn't be able to get credit for too much & the tuition wouldn't decrease considerably. I've completed most of my pre-reqs but want to be on a 3 yr waiting list for a traditional program.
How's it working for, would you really recommend it?

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Adrienne in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Deedee,
I went to an info session @ the WCU Los Angeles campus & yes, it's very very expensive but they made it seem as if I wouldn't be able to get credit for too much & the tuition wouldn't decrease considerably. I've completed most of my pre-reqs but want to be on a 3 yr waiting list for a traditional program.
How's it working for, would you really recommend it?

I meant DON'T want to be on a 3 yr waiting list.

Arby Sevilla in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

I am searching for a ccredited school that offers on -line classes for RHIT,RHIA or AART. I already ahve a BA in Economics from Adamson University in the Phillipines but want to become a Consultant as Health Information Tec but must be licensed to do so .. I ahve years and years fo exp in Long Term Care as Medical Records Director. Can someone direct me to the on-line schoo for my needs

Yaqui in Mission Viejo, California

73 months ago

Please do not even go to this school... There were students who were having problems getting their paper work done from this school after they graduated..
just an advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LVN at last. in Aliso Viejo, California

73 months ago

I graduated from Stanbridge. It is accredited. There was alot of drama at that school. If you go, do your work, play by the rules, don't be absent or tardy. I hear that other lvn school in SO-Cal are drama based. The staff at Stanbridge went through so much changes, they are alittle more organized now. Good luck.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.