ex-Convict

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

c'est moi in Modesto, California

80 months ago

i have a conviction and am scared ..hitless about applying for my board exam. are there any blog sites or info clearing house for poeple with prior convictions with regards lvn licensure. Does any 1 have the same issues? are there any specific convictions that they specifically frown upon? i declared my convictions and attached a copy of my expungement record but still am grrrrrrrrr.. Helllllllp!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Norwalk, California

72 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: i have a conviction and am scared ..hitless about applying for my board exam. are there any blog sites or info clearing house for poeple with prior convictions with regards lvn licensure. Does any 1 have the same issues? are there any specific convictions that they specifically frown upon? i declared my convictions and attached a copy of my expungement record but still am grrrrrrrrr.. Helllllllp!!

hi,
sorry i dont know anything about felonys and taking the boards. i just remember your name from another post regarding the LVN program in Lynwood that you took. i hope im not mistaken and that it was you who graduated. i wanted to ask you how their program ran? were you satisfied with their teachings? and any other info you may want to share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

c'est moi in Antioch, California

72 months ago

The program in Lynwood is absolutely fabulous. The instructors were good and very helpful. You just have to show commitment to the program ie show up for classes and clinicals and you are good. Compared to what I have heard from stdents from other schools, Lynwood is a breeze. Plus their tuition is peanuts compared to most of the other schools. Another plus if you sign up through the "work source" program, they pay your tuition, reimburse you for gas, pay for your uniforms, books, and board registration. The only catch is that you work for their contracted facility for 1 year.(I dont know if thats a catch because it'll be a bit dodgy trying to find work as a new grad anyways and with this you are already guaranteed employment upon graduation) Any how good luck and if do make it in say hi to ms ross, andrews, mcrae

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RIA in Norwalk, California

72 months ago

c'est moi in Antioch, California said: The program in Lynwood is absolutely fabulous. The instructors were good and very helpful. You just have to show commitment to the program ie show up for classes and clinicals and you are good. Compared to what I have heard from stdents from other schools, Lynwood is a breeze. Plus their tuition is peanuts compared to most of the other schools. Another plus if you sign up through the "work source" program, they pay your tuition, reimburse you for gas, pay for your uniforms, books, and board registration. The only catch is that you work for their contracted facility for 1 year.(I dont know if thats a catch because it'll be a bit dodgy trying to find work as a new grad anyways and with this you are already guaranteed employment upon graduation) Any how good luck and if do make it in say hi to ms ross, andrews, mcrae

thanks for the reply. im on my way to take the aptitude test and then from there hopfully ill be good as gravy.

hope in Oakland, California

72 months ago

c'est moi in Antioch, California said: The program in Lynwood is absolutely fabulous. The instructors were good and very helpful. You just have to show commitment to the program ie show up for classes and clinicals and you are good. Compared to what I have heard from stdents from other schools, Lynwood is a breeze. Plus their tuition is peanuts compared to most of the other schools. Another plus if you sign up through the "work source" program, they pay your tuition, reimburse you for gas, pay for your uniforms, books, and board registration. The only catch is that you work for their contracted facility for 1 year.(I dont know if thats a catch because it'll be a bit dodgy trying to find work as a new grad anyways and with this you are already guaranteed employment upon graduation) Any how good luck and if do make it in say hi to ms ross, andrews, mcrae

where is lynwood?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C'est Moi in Antioch, California

72 months ago

Lynwood is in Southern California

teresa c in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

hi c'est in california, my name is teresa and forsome reason everytime i reply the computer think i live in dallas,texas...actually i live in longbeach ca.....anyway i heard that the lynwood program is great,but the downfall for me is that they dont have any p/t program.....i wrk f/t....do u know any good p/t schools...im suppose to go to advance college in southgate starting in sept...why havent u found a job yet if u went to lynwood vn school, i thought u r guarantee a job....what happened, oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh my baddddddddddddd u did say that u have a felony, what a bummmmmmmerrrrrrrr dont give up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

c'est moi in Antioch, California

70 months ago

Wrong Teresa. No felonies. Just a mis-D. I didnt get a job as a nurse because I went off on a different career path which is a very decent and promising one i might add. However I will be taking my boards soon so I can add my license to a host of other card in my wallet. I just recieved my Att. Anyhow I dont know of any other schools as i havent kept up. I still think Lynwood is an OK inexpensive school. As far as jobs, find you a weekend job and go to school during the week. Dont let the "I need a full time job" line hook you cause you'll come out ahead in a years time. By the way College hospital has a 32/40 weekend shift in their cerritos and costa mesa facilities. You work sat/sun 16hrs/day and get paid 40hrs. that'll be a start for you but you ought to get creative if you really want this. Let that 9-5 work around you schedule dont work your schedule around the 9-5. Good Luck and dont go telling peeps I got a felony either. LOL!! Find any p/t schools post it up here so others can enjoy the benefit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

thanks for ur reply.....im soooooooooooo sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry for thinking u said that u had a felony...i really do apologize for that...n i didnt go around telling anyone that either...but i do wrk full/time...i make really good money, been on my job for 14years...but my passion is nursing so we will see...hopefully advance college turns out to be a good school and wrk around my schedule...but good luck to u and if u here of any other schools plz feel free and email me....take care god bless.........tee

DIAMOND in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

You guys are REALLY funny. I'm going to be starting my LVN school on 7/21/08 and I'm really excited. Thanks for the advice about the 32/40. I'm going to look into that.

70 months ago

DIAMOND in Los Angeles, California said: You guys are REALLY funny. I'm going to be starting my LVN school on 7/21/08 and I'm really excited. Thanks for the advice about the 32/40. I'm going to look into that.

hi diamond.....good 4 u...starting on the 21july huh...........cool which school, also i will be starting on the 15th of sept...good luck to the both of us

Bombay in Sacramento, California

69 months ago

Hi this is to the lady in Modesto with the felony, Please email me my email address is passlptexam@yahoo.com. I would like to talk to you and we share info. Also if you can when you email me leave me your number. My name is Lynn i'm in Sac

JaeJae in Long Beach, California

68 months ago

Hi. What school nursing school are you all referring to that's in Lynwood? and how much is tuition? and what exactly is the workforce program? sorry for all the questions.

Pat Petrangelo in Revere, Massachusetts

68 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: i have a conviction and am scared ..hitless about applying for my board exam. are there any blog sites or info clearing house for poeple with prior convictions with regards lvn licensure. Does any 1 have the same issues? are there any specific convictions that they specifically frown upon? i declared my convictions and attached a copy of my expungement record but still am grrrrrrrrr.. Helllllllp!!

It depends upon how serious it is. Nursing is about public safety,You will be responsible for the safety of your pts.mentally, physically,& Spiritually;if a caregiver has a history of abuse of any type,he/she will not be granted the responsibilty to practice as a healthcare provider. Your nsg. school should of done a background check on all students and advise the individuals with questionable status to enquire with the State's Nursing Licesing Board for advise.Perhaps u should contact your program advisor to compose a letter explaining the severity of your conviction,how long it has been,what you did for the consequences,ask for letters of recommendation,along with character profile from neighbors,emplyer,teachers,counselers,if you volunteered for an org..Finally,my suggestion is for you to request a "Query" reportand get legal advise before you contact the board,it may not be as severe as you are projecting,the advise will put you at ease to succeed in your exam and become a caring,safe,and most impt. to be a professional who maintains his/her integrity while practiceing his/her specialty. Best of Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

friendly in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

hello u guys, i was wondering what vn school in lynnwood has a worksource program.what is the name of the school?THANKS IN ADVANCE.

c'est moi in Pittsburg, California

68 months ago

lynwood adult school in Lynwood, Ca. Read the previous threads.

c'est moi in Pittsburg, California

68 months ago

My error friendly. However the school is Lynwood Adult school, on Bullis road

friendly in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

thanks a million c'est moi

Cynthia Christopher in Athens, Texas

68 months ago

Bombay in Sacramento, California said: Hi this is to the lady in Modesto with the felony, Please email me my email address is passlptexam@yahoo.com. I would like to talk to you and we share info. Also if you can when you email me leave me your number. My name is Lynn i'm in Sac

Hi, I too have the same problem. I have a felony conviction that seems to keep me from getting any type of good job. I am soooo qualified for certain positions that I really want and when it comes time for them to hire, I am always bypassed even though I am the most qualified applicant in a group. As far as the licensing goes, I have no answers for you. I am always honest on job applications. It wouldn't do any good not to be anyways I'm sure. I wish there was some way to cover up the criminal history when it comes to a job.LOL HA HA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hey Chynthia,
Are you in nursing, and how long ago was your conviction? I'm a so typist so I hate to email. Please email me direct at my email address. passlptexam@yahoo.com

Reah in Norwalk, California

68 months ago

c'est moi in Pittsburg, California said: My error friendly. However the school is Lynwood Adult school, on Bullis road

Hi C'est moi
I have been accepted at Lynwood and i wanted to ask you if you took advantage of the worksource program they had/have. i havent had the chance to ask if they still offer it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Sorry, I never attended Lynwood

Alanna in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Can someone provide me with the address or phone number to Lynwood Adult School. I can't seem to find any info mentioning the LVN program there. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alanna in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Thank you so much! I don't know why I couldn't find it.

Trina in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

How long is the Lvn program at lynwood? also whats the price range? thanks!

Unemployed in California in San Leandro, California

68 months ago

The california board of nursing has a list of accredited nursing schools, you can check the list out and call schools that are close to you to see if there are any schools with part time programs. the website is in my next post because anytime I put a link and my message they both don't appear LOL

Unemployed in California in San Leandro, California

68 months ago

Pearl in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

Hi,
I ama social worker with Wraparound. I have a client who has a record and is in school to be for nursing. I'm currently looking for a job for her. Have you had any luck? Was any one able to help you?

There was an article in the LA Times re: King Hospital. They had hired 1,500 who didn't thell them that they had records. It was apparently all right that they had them, but they were wrong for not telling them. Has this been true for you? I was advised by one hospital to see if my client could have the charges reduced. Otherwise they conldn't say if they'd hire them.
Pearl

67 months ago

NO LUCK WHATSOEVER. MY ONLY HOPE HAS BEEN SOME TELEMARKETING JOBS THAT I DO FROM HOME (PAY ISN'T RELIABLE)COMMISSION ONLY. ONCE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, YOU APPARENTLY PAY FOR IT FOREVER. GOOD LUCK

pearl in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

I hope you don't have to pay for it forever.

Here's some of the stuff I'm trying:

www.Hard2Hire.com (or .org)They seem like they might be able to help.

I talked to someone who works for county jail. They said to talk to
their old parole officer. That they usually help ex- inmates find jobs.

I suggested going to church and finding someone who needs home care. Sometimes they specify that they need nurses. It's best if you find the person, have them contact the doctor, then find an agency and let them know that the person has chosen you to help them. My client didn't want to do this. They want to work in a hospital.

I'm going to suggest that they start a non-profit agency themselves; that way they can help other people.

Or, Craigslist.com; they can place an ad explaining their plight.
Maybe someone will need a nurse.

Otherwise, it's a sorry society we live in that can't forgive.

67 months ago

Hi,
This is my second reply, because I remembered something else.
I gave my client a list of companies that hire ex-inmates.

The list came from: www.homeboy-industries.org
this list included, Suburban Medical Center in Paramount Calif.
(the site won't allow me to give you the phone number. sorry.)

If you're no longer in L.A. County, maybe they can refer you.
Also, www.unionpacificjobs.com

You can also check with your local Department of Public Social Services to see if they have a list of agency's. I have a list of temporary agency's for stuff like entry level positions. They should also have info on in service workers, to help take care of the elderly, or anyone in need of home care.

I visited our local Worksource for my client and there was one young lady in G.A.I.N. They paid her an hourly rate to search for a job.

Hope this is helpful.

67 months ago

Hi this is a message from Pearl, in LA. Please can you contact me direct. My email address is passlptexam@yahoo.com. Thanks\

67 months ago

Hi,
I tried to contact you, but got a failure notice. Can you contact me?
flameascending@yahoo.com

Sabel in Cedar Park, Texas

67 months ago

Hi

I am not in the nursing field but want to. I have a felony from 14 years ago that has kept me from being all that I could be. There a certain types of felonies that can be expunged from your record and then there are ones that you can get something that is called a "nondiscloser" which is what I am getting. I have had this stupid mistake from so long ago really affect my life for so long and didn't think there was anything I could do about it. I was told I could never get it off.. There is a answer! After all of this time I found a company called recordgone.com.. Don't wait as long as I did.. !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pearl in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

Hi,
Thanks for the information. It came just in time. I'm on my way to see my client now. =)
Pearl

C'est Moi in Pittsburg, California

66 months ago

Ok Fellas!! C'est Moi is now an LVN. So Please Please be sure to address me as C'est Moi, LVN!!! LOL. Anyone know of a LVN refresher course with a clinical component out there??

66 months ago

Found 1.

www.jvs.org/Downloads/LVN_Refresher_Flyer.pdf

Need more. if any 1 has any links or phone numbers pls post it

66 months ago

Other that community colleges, Does any 1 know of any private colleges offering Anatomy or Physilogy to meet the pre req guidelines for nursing. I'm trying to beat the deadline for registraion (March 2, 2009)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Caroline in Fresno, California

66 months ago

Hello I also have a felony but am barely off of parole and am going to school to become a substance abuse counselor but want to start going to school for an lvn while i am working as a counselor. If you find out anything can you let me know.
Thanks

adrienne in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

RIA in Norwalk, California said: thanks for the reply. im on my way to take the aptitude test and then from there hopfully ill be good as gravy.

hello, i also have the same situation. can you give me the number to the LVN program in Lynwood, i am unable to find it online

C'est Moi in Oakley, California

65 months ago

The phone # is (three-one-zero)six-zero-four-one-seven-eight-six.

Sorry this site wont let me post the digits.

65 months ago

thank you

Garey in Redlands, California

64 months ago

Caroline in Fresno, California said: Hello I also have a felony but am barely off of parole and am going to school to become a substance abuse counselor but want to start going to school for an lvn while i am working as a counselor. If you find out anything can you let me know.
Thanks

Go to a local LVN school and talk to student services.(not the admissions people) I believe a felony will probably prohibit you from taking the NCLEX. That is what my student services guy said. His name is Patrick at Concorde in San Bernadino. Very nice guy and willing to help people. (especially if you are a potential student) Call Concorde Career College in San Bernadino and ask for him by name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garey in Redlands, California

64 months ago

Garey in Redlands, California said: Go to a local LVN school and talk to student services.(not the admissions people) I believe a felony will probably prohibit you from taking the NCLEX. That is what my student services guy said. His name is Patrick at Concorde in San Bernadino. Very nice guy and willing to help people. (especially if you are a potential student) Call Concorde Career College in San Bernadino and ask for him by name.

If you can show what the board considers "evidence of rehabilitation" for some offenses they will allow you to sit for NCLEX. My friend had various alcohol related arrests(public drunks, DUIs...,<no felonies>and she had to show them court records that she completed her legal obligations and even had to send in proof of regular attendance at AA meetings along with letters from people showing she was still being good and was of good character for the last three years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C'est Moi in Chino Hills, California

64 months ago

Thanks Caroline. I have a mis D. I am still awaiting a decision from bvnpt on my license. The enforcement specialist handling my file said she'll have a decision by early January. I am currently working on finishing my Pre-Req's for RN. I am keeping the faith.

Caroline in Fresno, California

64 months ago

I was looking in the internet on the board of Sacramento for licensing and I was reading that there can be exceptions and it varies from case to case. I just want to say keep the faith and God will open doors.

64 months ago

i appreciate yur comment and im going to keep everyone posted. Iv also read the same so im gonna go for it but im having a hard time finding a part time school.

64 months ago

RIA in Norwalk, California said: thanks for the reply. im on my way to take the aptitude test and then from there hopfully ill be good as gravy.

do you know if the lynwood program has a evening course?

Terry in San Antonio, Texas

59 months ago

I need a job. I earned an AA Degree in prison & would like to use my brain, but I have done 18 years of hard labor & am not adverse to using my back. Please help. This is not my email, I am using a friends, please email me here.

caroline in Fresno, California

59 months ago

I am not sure how the economy is in Texas but here in California it's not good. I barely got off of Parole in December of 2008 and am now looking for a place to do my internship for alcohol and drug counseling and I feel like I am having a hard time doing that but don't give up the faith because my husband is an ex felon and he recently found a good job in April of this year and sometimes if you you know somebody that will put in a good word for you it helps.
Caroline

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.