has anyone attended Fresno Adult School?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

truckinusa

45 months ago

It looks like they have a very high pass rate. I'm wanting to know how it is if you can give me any details? I would like to begin school asap, but I don't think I want to pay $27000 to attend a college like Gurnick. I also have the option of attending school in the Bay Area, but I am seriously considering trying to attend Fresno Adult. I would hope to start in the fall, but don't know if that is even possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Clovis, California

45 months ago

I too just looked into San Joaquin Valley College Fresno, Its not a LVN program and it cost $28,000+ (for that program with that school, you would need to attend San Joaquin Valley College Visalia)

Gurnick is accredited and is about $29525-

So far my research says- Fresno Adult School is free for all basic classes. I too think that it is too good to be true, Im looking into

There are only 2 schools in Fresno that are accredited:
Fresno Adult School
2500 Stanislaus
Fresno, CA 93721
Expires:5/11/14

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts - Fresno
2984 North Marao Ave.
Fresno, CA 93704
Expires:5/19/14

I went to www.bvnpt.ca.gov/ = Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians to find an accredited vocational nursing program.

REASON WHY ITS IMPORTANT TO GET ACCREDITED PROGRAM:
If any portion of the instruction is completed at or through an unapproved nursing program, it is considered unaccredited.

The Board cannot qualify an applicant to take the NCLEX, or to be licensed, after completion of an unaccredited nursing program, even if the unaccredited nursing program represented to the student that it was accredited. Therefore, an applicant who attended one of these programs, found eligible by another state to take the examination, and successfully passed the examination is not eligible for licensure in California.

Write Back- if you found out some information, I too an interested.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

truckinusa in Blackwell, Oklahoma

45 months ago

The only thing I do know is that Fresno Adult school is NOT FREE. It costs $3000. I've been told that you cannot work while attending class. I wonder if you even have your weekends free?

The ony other option that I think you left out is Clovis Adult School. The pass rate was in the 80% range so I wonder what that means?

Like I said before. I'm looking for any information on Fresno Adult School...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KStansbury in Madera, California

45 months ago

You are correct to attend an Accredited nursing program; not only will it help you obtain credit but it will provide you with a stepping stone to the RN program if you would like to go that way.

Both of the programs you looked into are great. If it were my choice I would choose Fresno Adult School. I know the Dean and she is a wonderful lady and will go out of her way to help you in any way.

Please also think about taking an EKG class as well as an IV Certification Class. Thank you and Good Luck

Kevin Stansbury RN, BS, MBA
<a href="www.central-valley-med.com">Central Valley Medical</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

KStansbury in Madera, California

45 months ago

truckinusa in Blackwell, Oklahoma said: The only thing I do know is that Fresno Adult school is NOT FREE. It costs $3000. I've been told that you cannot work while attending class. I wonder if you even have your weekends free?

The ony other option that I think you left out is Clovis Adult School. The pass rate was in the 80% range so I wonder what that means?

Like I said before. I'm looking for any information on Fresno Adult School...

Fresno Adult School is a very good school. Mrs. Starks is the Dean of Nursing and she is a great lady and will help you if you need help. If you put in the time and work you can do this job. If you need help I am here to help as well.

Thank you

Kevin Stansbury RN, BS, MBA
Central Valley Medical
info@central-valley-med.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katsuii in Fresno, California

42 months ago

I'm going to start attending Fresno Adult School very soon to get my CNA and then LVN class.

I'm wondering if anyone has any information regarding grants or student aid?
I come from very low income (less than 100$ a month and receiving food stamps) and would love some help..

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

truckinusa in Ponca City, Oklahoma

42 months ago

If you are poor in California, you pretty much get a free ride at any school. I assume that Pell Grants or whatever they call them now are going to cover your schooling completely. With that low of an income you will probably have some spending money too. I think whatever is left over is yours to keep at the end of school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I believe you will get Federal aid and everything will be free. You may even end up with extra spending money in the end. It pays to be poor sometimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Thanks for the swift reply, truck.
I don't really know anything about schooling since I am 18 and this is my first time and all.
I tried to apply to FAFSA but my school isn't on their list, so that didn't work out well.
Will I have to ask the school directly?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

The school will definitely handle the FAFSA paperwork. The only problem you are going to have is you need to get in the CNA program somwhere before Fresno Adult will let you take the LVN courses. There is an assessment, and like 5 classes you need to take first. One of them is getting your CNA license. There is a waiting list for the CNA course. Last I checked there is no waiting list for LVN though.

42 months ago

Prerequisites to get in the LVN Program: CTE Enrollment Session, Student Success Workshop, Computer Literacy and required test scores

Additional: Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Math, Medical Study Skills, LVN Workshop, and current CNA license.

42 months ago

Alright, that's great about them handling the paperwork.
I have already taken the CTE test for the CNA program, I am now just waiting for my results which I get on the 18th.
My plan is to receive the CNA license then start the LVN program as soon as I can.

42 months ago

I'm stuck here in Oklahoma I think. My mother teaches at Fresno Adult and I was thinking of saving the living expenses and living with her while I went to school. Now I'm thinking of getting on the waiting list here for LPN in Oklahoma. 1 1/2 years! Very frustrating. The only good thing is they have no prerequisites and I believe I can take some of the courses online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cindy barnett in Fresno, California

41 months ago

Sarah in Clovis, California said: I too just looked into San Joaquin Valley College Fresno, Its not a LVN program and it cost $28,000+ (for that program with that school, you would need to attend San Joaquin Valley College Visalia)

Gurnick is accredited and is about $29525-

So far my research says- Fresno Adult School is free for all basic classes. I too think that it is too good to be true, Im looking into

There are only 2 schools in Fresno that are accredited:
Fresno Adult School
2500 Stanislaus
Fresno, CA 93721
Expires:5/11/14

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts - Fresno
2984 North Marao Ave.
Fresno, CA 93704
Expires:5/19/14

I went to www.bvnpt.ca.gov/ = Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians to find an accredited vocational nursing program.

REASON WHY ITS IMPORTANT TO GET ACCREDITED PROGRAM:
If any portion of the instruction is completed at or through an unapproved nursing program, it is considered unaccredited.

The Board cannot qualify an applicant to take the NCLEX, or to be licensed, after completion of an unaccredited nursing program, even if the unaccredited nursing program represented to the student that it was accredited. Therefore, an applicant who attended one of these programs, found eligible by another state to take the examination, and successfully passed the examination is not eligible for licensure in California.

Write Back- if you found out some information, I too an interested.
Thanks!

I tried Fresno Adult School. It is a wonderful school, however, it is very lengthy to get in. Pass rate for the State Exam is not quite as high, But, if you study very hard and apply your skills, you should be able to pass. I recommend going there, but just know, it is strung out. Gurnick is alot faster. Hope this helps.

Kevin Stansbury in Madera, California

41 months ago

Fresno Adult School is a great school with great instructors and an even better leader. It has an excellent graduation rate as well as pass rate for the nursing exam. For this and more information visit me at
www.central-valley-med.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Stasnbury in Hidden Valley Lake, California

40 months ago

Why did you have problems with the Anatomy and Physiology? Was it the class or your study habits? I am glad you enjoyed it.
For this and more information visit me at www.central-valley-med.com

ariesserenity81 in Madera, California

39 months ago

I attended for my CNA and and have several friends whom both passed and now have jobs as LVN's. they have a very strict regimen and heavy work load but so worth the low cost and minimal time.....

truckinusa said: It looks like they have a very high pass rate. I'm wanting to know how it is if you can give me any details? I would like to begin school asap, but I don't think I want to pay $27000 to attend a college like Gurnick. I also have the option of attending school in the Bay Area, but I am seriously considering trying to attend Fresno Adult. I would hope to start in the fall, but don't know if that is even possible.

JessicaR in Fresno, California

36 months ago

I spoke to a counselor at Fresno Adult School few years ago regarding their LVN program. She stated that if I wished to further my education, and get my RN lic then she would recommend taking the prerequisite courses at a regular college. The reason being is that the prerequisite courses at Fresno Adult are NOT transferable, so therefore I would have to take those courses again at a College if I choose to be a RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Fresno, California

28 months ago

I am currently in the LVN program at Fresno Adult School. It is a 14 month program. The approximate cost of the program is around $2,800.00-3,245.00. This includes books, uniforms, lab and registration fees, state board testing, background check etc. There is no financial aid at this school because it is tuition free. The program is split into three blocks. Therefore, you do not have to come up with the total amount at once because the costs are broken up. I have saved a good amount of money by purchasing used books online and getting cheaper nursing landau uniforms from allhearts.com.
The program is accelerated and fast paced but it is possible to work part time as I have seen a few of my classmates done it. However, the teachers do not recommend it. This program has a high passing rate. However, you must study very hard and use critical thinking skills. Overall, this is a decent program. If you are looking for a school that has financial aid, I would recommend clovis adult school. But my situation was different since I already hold a bachelors degree so I probably wouldn't have qualified for financial aid. Which means that I would have to fork over $10,000. Fresno adult school is highly competitive to get in. The wait maybe long or shorter depending on how fast you've completed your pre-requisite and how well you scored on the tabe A and cnet test. I would encourage anyone to see one of the counselors on a regular basis to be on the right track.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Fresno, California

28 months ago

I am currently in the LVN program at Fresno Adult School. It is a 14 month program. The approximate cost of the program is around $2,800.00-3,245.00. This includes books, uniforms, lab and registration fees, state board testing, background check etc. There is no financial aid at this school because it is tuition free. The program is split into three blocks. Therefore, you do not have to come up with the total amount at once because the costs are broken up. I have saved a good amount of money by purchasing used books online and getting cheaper nursing landau uniforms from allhearts.com.
The program is accelerated and fast paced but it is possible to work part time as I have seen a few of my classmates done it. However, the teachers do not recommend it. This program has a high passing rate. However, you must study very hard and use critical thinking skills. Overall, this is a decent program. If you are looking for a school that has financial aid, I would recommend clovis adult school. But my situation was different since I already hold a bachelors degree so I probably wouldn't have qualified for financial aid. Which means that I would have to fork over $10,000. Fresno adult school is highly competitive to get in. The wait maybe long or shorter depending on how fast you've completed your pre-requisite and how well you scored on the tabe A and cnet test. I would encourage anyone to see one of the counselors on a regular basis to be on the right track.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amal_559 in Fresno, California

25 months ago

I am also looking into a LVN Program and currently thinking of Gurnick Academy, Does Fresno or Clovis Adult School have a waiting list to get in to the LVN Program?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.