Califonria Misdemeanor..still got license?????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

avnurse2b in Lancaster, California

48 months ago

I've been waiting for the board to decide my case. I have a theft misdemeanor from 12 years ago. No other convictions. I sent the LVN board my paperwork about the conviction in the beginning of Sept 2010. It's been over 8 weeks of waiting and I have not heard yet. I passed my board a few weeks later. Now I'm wondering how many of you have gotten your license from California LVN board with a misdemeanor and MOST importantly how long did you wait for the answer from the LVN board. I really want to know how long you have to wait because if it's months I will need to get a job while I'll wait. Thank you for your answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in North Hollywood, California

43 months ago

buddah61 in Moreno Valley, California said: I know it could be frustrating
but i got my license after a year
i had 4 DUI's and as a felony and they gave me a chance to be a an LVN with three years probation in the state of calif]
Good luck

Where did you go to school for the lvn program? Was it hard to get licensed? Are you working now? I have a felony for possesion of stolen mail and trying to enroll into a lvn program? Is there hope for me? Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

avnurse2b in Lancaster, California

43 months ago

I finally got my license after a 5 month wait
and an now working as LVN they did not give me probation yeah. All is well now good luck to you all.

Jay in North Hollywood, California said: Where did you go to school for the lvn program? Was it hard to get licensed? Are you working now? I have a felony for possesion of stolen mail and trying to enroll into a lvn program? Is there hope for me? Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

kbvn27 in Menifee, California

41 months ago

Jay in North Hollywood, California said: Where did you go to school for the lvn program? Was it hard to get licensed? Are you working now? I have a felony for possesion of stolen mail and trying to enroll into a lvn program? Is there hope for me? Please help

Jay, how long ago was your conviction? Try your best to get it expunged and obtain certified court documents. You probably won't have a problem getting into nursing school but getting your nursing licence will take some time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladybombay81 in Chula Vista, California

39 months ago

avnurse2b in Lancaster, California said: I've been waiting for the board to decide my case. I have a theft misdemeanor from 12 years ago. No other convictions. I sent the LVN board my paperwork about the conviction in the beginning of Sept 2010. It's been over 8 weeks of waiting and I have not heard yet. I passed my board a few weeks later. Now I'm wondering how many of you have gotten your license from California LVN board with a misdemeanor and MOST importantly how long did you wait for the answer from the LVN board. I really want to know how long you have to wait because if it's months I will need to get a job while I'll wait. Thank you for your answers.

So what was the outcome? I'm waiting now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ca2txvn10 in Menifee, California

39 months ago

I it took almost six months to the day before they approved my license. I had all traffic violation : driving on a suspended license, driving without proof of insurance x2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

avnurse2b in Lake Hughes, California

39 months ago

I finally got my LVN License (in California) after a LONG wait...It took 9 months. I was not put on probation or restricted in anyway. I've been working as an LVN now for 5 months. Good Luck to all of you who are in the same boat. It took me a long time to get through it but I made it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

ladybombay81 in Chula Vista, California said: So what was the outcome? I'm waiting now....

I finally got my LVN License (in California) after a LONG wait...It took 9 months. I was not put on probation or restricted in anyway. I've been working as an LVN now for 5 months. Good Luck to all of you who are in the same boat. It took me a long time to get through it but I made it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kbvn27 in Menifee, California

39 months ago

avnurse2b in Lake Hughes, California said: I finally got my LVN License (in California) after a LONG wait...It took 9 months. I was not put on probation or restricted in anyway. I've been working as an LVN now for 5 months. Good Luck to all of you who are in the same boat. It took me a long time to get through it but I made it.

I see that you were recently licensed and are now working. Do you know of any other places that are hiring new grads????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Not Really I have a Background in medical so I was able to find a job but I know its hard. Try flu shot clinics I think they will hire new grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

martin in Escondido, California

36 months ago

Does any one have exp dealing with Department of Health Care Services? Im on the Medi- Cal Suspended and Ineligible Provider List.For a felony dui in 2000,I petition for reinstatement and did not find the Agency to be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SC-BP in SC, California

35 months ago

MC,

So what happened with the expungement and the job? did it come up?

Im interested in the LVN program, but now have a misdemeanor, im embarasses to say.

I way cut off on the highway, had to slam on my anti lock brakes to barely avoind crashing into the wall, the other driver got up next to me, up the road in traffic, and started laughing at me, i flicked a small gum ball at the drivers car with my thumb, police asked what happened, i told the truth, the other driver lied. Either way my telling the truth got my a misdemeanor for flicking the candy. A split second decision on my part, and being honest got me a misdemeanor, Ive been so dissappointed over it.

anyway, will flicking this piece of candy prevent me from becoming a LVN?

Thank you.

no jail time, no community service, just big fine and 1 yeAr informal probation... so embarassing.

Nurse Jackie-O in Glendale, California

24 months ago

buddah61 in Moreno Valley, California said: I know it could be frustrating
but i got my license after a year
i had 4 DUI's and as a felony and they gave me a chance to be a an LVN with three years probation in the state of calif]
Good luck

What did you have to do for your probation? I have 2 DUI's, both misdemeanors, 1 before I got my LVN license and 1 after, 9 years apart. I just got put on probation and the requirements are damn near impossible, ESPECIALLY since I don't have a job.
Did they require you to do a 30 day outpatient rehab program? If so how much did it cost and how did you find it?

phair in Lancaster, California

18 months ago

avnurse2b in Lake Hughes, California said: I finally got my LVN License (in California) after a LONG wait...It took 9 months. I was not put on probation or restricted in anyway. I've been working as an LVN now for 5 months. Good Luck to all of you who are in the same boat. It took me a long time to get through it but I made it.

I know , it took me 10 months in ca, from tx,,thought i would die

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bm.nurse2b in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

I have only 1 misdemeanor for theft(CA) that was from 2010. I filed for a petition for dismissal(expungement)of the misdemeanor, and will be appearing in court in a few weeks for that.

I'm applying for LVN Program that starts this July, but I'm super scared to get my licensure denied by the BON, after graduating the LVN Program.

Is my probability greater of it being delayed than being denied, if I show proof of compliance & expungement??

Would appreciate some feedback, Thanks!

Martin in Winchester, California

5 months ago

So what happen on your case now? Did or get expunge becaus I have the same situation as you. How long did you wait before you file expungement. Did you go to the LVN program or did they deny you? I have a RN license and need to renew it but I don't know how or will my license be denied, revoke or suspended if I apply for renewal. I'm not convicted yet but I have a court date. I hired a lawyer and im praying for the best result. Any advise pls. Tnx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in Winchester, California

5 months ago

Anybody out there with the same situation as me. Really need an advise, don't know what to do. Can't afford to loose my job and my license but I know for the merefact I will loose my job. I didn't tell them yet because I'm not convicted yet per my atty's advise but I'm so scared. For sure ill be terminated in the hospital that working right now specially it's a county hosp. A week ago I was cited for misdemeanor for shoplifting my 1st offense and have 1 speeding ticket 2012 but I paid the fine and to online class so it won't appear on my record since its my 1st speeding ticket but my atty was able to see it, how could that be! Is the speeding ticket still shows on your record even you did all the requirements? my court date is the end of June and need to renew my license by October. Can I still continue to work until receive the verdict or should I resign now? Is there any particular job I can work because I can't afford to see my family especially my 2 kids to suffer with no food, house, etc because of the mistake I commited. How long do I need to wait for the courts decision? And how long before the California BON decide either to deny, revoke or suspend my license if I submit my license renewal because this just happened recently. Oh, and worst when this shoplifing happened my 5 year old son was with me. police said he will call Cps. how long before cps come and do Their investigation? did i buse or neglect my son? i dont know what tl to do, my families future especially my kids are in jeopardy Because of this? can i work To any company even of i have the misdemeanor? if yes, where so i can start applying now before We Become homeless and starve. any company names? pls help.... Need a good advise.

rae in Huntington Beach, California

20 days ago

hello,
i have a misdemeanor petty theft back in 2008. Will it hinder my chances of enrolling in an LVN program? enrollment is in november, i'm trying to expunge my case.

please let me know! thank you!

rae in Huntington Beach, California

20 days ago

bm.nurse2b in Los Angeles, California said: I have only 1 misdemeanor for theft(CA) that was from 2010. I filed for a petition for dismissal(expungement)of the misdemeanor, and will be appearing in court in a few weeks for that.

I'm applying for LVN Program that starts this July, but I'm super scared to get my licensure denied by the BON, after graduating the LVN Program.

Is my probability greater of it being delayed than being denied, if I show proof of compliance & expungement??

Would appreciate some feedback, Thanks!

let me know what happened. thank you!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.