Private LVN school success, anyone???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Pam in San Jose, California

33 months ago

I'm thinking about attending either the Unitek College in Santa Clara, or the Carrington College in San Jose, LVN programs. Has anyone successfully completed these programs and placed at a hospital, and what was your starting salary? I'm concerned about the accreditation and finding work when I graduate. There are so many different accreditation organizations, I don't know which ones I should go for and which ones I should stay away from. I don't have the luxury of time to wait for a jr college 2+ year wait list. Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kiakianurse in Fremont, California

32 months ago

Pam in San Jose, California said: I'm thinking about attending either the Unitek College in Santa Clara, or the Carrington College in San Jose, LVN programs. Has anyone successfully completed these programs and placed at a hospital, and what was your starting salary? I'm concerned about the accreditation and finding work when I graduate. There are so many different accreditation organizations, I don't know which ones I should go for and which ones I should stay away from. I don't have the luxury of time to wait for a jr college 2+ year wait list. Help!

Unitek College and Carrington are very expensive and I believe is a one year fast pace program. I completed the LVN program at NCP in Hayward in eighteen months for little less money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heidy Mallory in Alviso, California

23 months ago

I went to Unitek College and graduated from the LVN program last year. Since then I’ve been working at a hospital and would say I bring in a good salary. They don't have a wait list; so don’t worry, you can get in and get your schooling without worrying about that! They are accredited too so no issues will come with your education when job searching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeeDee619 in San Diego, California

22 months ago

Pam in San Jose, California said: I'm thinking about attending either the Unitek College in Santa Clara, or the Carrington College in San Jose, LVN programs. Has anyone successfully completed these programs and placed at a hospital , and what was your starting salary? I'm concerned about the accreditation and finding work when I graduate. There are so many different accreditation organizations, I don't know which ones I should go for and which ones I should stay away from. I don't have the luxury of time to wait for a jr college 2+ year wait list. Help!

I wish that Unitek had a branch here in Southern California, I have been a LVN for many years now and my life long dream is to complete my RN degree. Excelisor is no longer accepted my California state so I am stuck and not sure which way to go... any advice? I am all open for suggestions...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.