What schools are the best for RN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

LindaFlenaugh, Alaska in Anthon, Iowa

67 months ago

I think the school name is important when place on a resume. Although it takes alot of money to go to a prestigious school, it also means that you get a better education in the long run, not to mention you meet different types of people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bureaucracy in Upland, California

67 months ago

Bella in Riverside, California said: I am so undecisive of to what school to go to? Does it look better on your resume going to Loma Linda for your nursing degree.. Has anybody heard any good things about West Coast or how about Cal state colleges.. So confused..

LOL... Its not a matter of you picking the school, its the schools that will pick you if you're lucky! Private schools are outrageously expensive ( 45k to 65k), and community colleges are very hard to get into ( after pre-reqs, waiting list is up to 2 years and GPA required to be high on both general and science, so if you get C's in any of your science classes, they will skip your application). I already know a way to skip the Bureaucracy progress and NOT waste my time for the waiting list without paying HIGH TUITIONS. But I'm not going to tell you, it took me years of research and IF you really want to be an RN you too should do the same, do your research ! Hahahaha
:)

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

pcastro in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

Bella in Riverside, California said: I am so undecisive of to what school to go to? Does it look better on your resume going to Loma Linda for your nursing degree.. Has anybody heard any good things about West Coast or how about Cal state colleges.. So confused..

Bella,

I'm a nursing student right now at Valley College and I don't pay anything. I got a scholarship from Valley Pres Hospital and they paid for everything, books, tuition, uniforms, etc., for all 4 sems. (AA program)

I had a similar predicament (got accepted in Valley, UC up north, Mt. Sac and L.A. County) and I just decided to attend this program rather than a private UC/college that was 40k/annually.
Just put it this way, RN's with BSN make only a dollar more per hour. I'm using RN as my stepping stone to be a PA/NP or CRNA, still deciding. Also, for CAL's, most of my friends attend LB and LA for their nursing school. The only downside is the waiting list. So you better have the grades and high TEAS scores.

So I really think you only have a problem if you got accepted into more than 1 nursing program. If you haven't got accepted yet or applied yet, then you don't have a problem. You should be applying everywhere to begin with.

If you're really nitpicky about your schools, the NCLEX passing rate should be your number one concern.

Bottom line, I think your final degree should dictate the school you attend. For me, I'd love to attain my masters from USC, UCSF, or UCLA. At the end, my Master's will definitely wash off my AA or Cal State BSN degree.

Hope that helped!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bella in Riverside, California

66 months ago

Wow that is great! Is there any schools in Riverside, Temecula, San Diego area that offers that same program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Redlands, California

66 months ago

Hi Bella,
I am attending Valley right now. I am working on my pre-reqs. I was unsure where to go after that myself and cost is an issue. If you can do it, apply at Loma Linda and be sure to check out their website to see what their requirements are. I feel they require a lot to get in but have heard good things. At this point I have decided to stick with Valley then apply for the bridging programs that are out there once I am working as an RN.

Check out this site. It will tell you all the approved schools and I urge you to look at their websites and see what their requirements are and if they have an informational meeting to attend it. I attended the one at Riverside Jr. College and discovered that since I don't live in that zip code I had slim to no chance of getting in the program. Some schools don't have waiting lists and you need to reapply and hope you get accepted each time they are taking applications, etc.

So here you go, hope it helps.

www.rn.ca.gov/schools/programs.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

juan in Upland, California

65 months ago

hello, i am an lvn current attending valley college too.Bureaucracy, how long did it take u to get into the nursing program? i will be done with my prereguisites this may

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pcastro in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Bureaucracy in Westminster, California said: That is exactly the problem with you people today, you all want free handouts/bailouts. Earn your way by doing research, lead the way and not follow others. I'm not being an A-Hole but I'm just straight up honest and forward. Either you're with me or against me, isn't that what our American President once said?

You are an a hole, this forum was created to help people who are indecisive or need more info about nursing schools, jerk off. You don know if she did her research or not and posting on forums like these is considered a form of research. So your comment is pointless here, why even post? Do you just want to feel special bc you know something others don't? Get a life

Everyone else here, goodluck to all of you an I hope you all find a nursing school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trixie_chic24

27 months ago

Bureaucracy in Upland, California said: LOL... Its not a matter of you picking the school, its the schools that will pick you if you're lucky! Private schools are outrageously expensive ( 45k to 65k), and community colleges are very hard to get into ( after pre-reqs, waiting list is up to 2 years and GPA required to be high on both general and science, so if you get C's in any of your science classes, they will skip your application). I already know a way to skip the Bureaucracy progress and NOT waste my time for the waiting list without paying HIGH TUITIONS. But I'm not going to tell you, it took me years of research and IF you really want to be an RN you too should do the same, do your research ! Hahahaha
:)

Good luck

I agree there is a way but nurses have to stick together. There is no competition, the goal is take care of our patients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.