LVN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 383)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

CS in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

I JUST FOUND OUT FROM MY PROFFESOR FROM A SCHOOL NAME DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL. THEY JUST CHARGE $4,495. THEY COVER EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATION KNOW FOR ORIENTATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

c'est moi in Modesto, California

83 months ago

CS in Los Angeles, California said: I JUST FOUND OUT FROM MY PROFFESOR FROM A SCHOOL NAME DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL. THEY JUST CHARGE $4,495. THEY COVER EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATION KNOW FOR ORIENTATION.

Lynwood Adult School In Lynwood ca off the 105 freeway charges less than 3k. I believe its 2500 and the also contract with worksource which pays your tuition with an agreement tat you work for a specific employer for 1 year. cool huh? Just graduated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sol in Redondo Beach, California

83 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: Lynwood Adult School In Lynwood ca off the 105 freeway charges less than 3k. I believe its 2500 and the also contract with worksource which pays your tuition with an agreement tat you work for a specific employer for 1 year. cool huh? Just graduated

Im interested in going to an lvn school do you have there info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

c'est moi in Modesto, California

83 months ago

sol in Redondo Beach, California said: Im interested in going to an lvn school do you have there info?

Their # is 3106041786 Talk to Ms McRae. Let her Know Okeke Ref you. You's have a good chance of enrolling. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chipps Charlotte in Centerburg, Ohio

82 months ago

do you know of LPN online progams in Ohio. I can't find any

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Priscilla in Pico Rivera, California

81 months ago

CS in Los Angeles, California said: I JUST FOUND OUT FROM MY PROFFESOR FROM A SCHOOL NAME DOWNEY ADULT SCHOOL. THEY JUST CHARGE $4,495. THEY COVER EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATION KNOW FOR ORIENTATION.

do you know if they have the externship program and if all books are covered in the tuition??? and how long the program is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shelby in Austin, Texas

81 months ago

I would honestly think that they would not allow you to do LVN/LPN online. There is way to much hands on with patients that you can't learn through a computer. Along with that there are required clinical hours that you have to meet.A VN/PN class is only 1 yr/3-4 semesters then you apply to the state for your license. I would make rather pay the money suffer the time and go to class then "learn" patient care online and risk not being accepted at the state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joanne

79 months ago

Does anyone know of a On-line program for Vocational Nursing or source in Fort Worth, Texas. I'm currently working in a Nursing Home CNA work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MIMI in Coos Bay, Oregon

78 months ago

Jane in San Diego, California said: Does any one know of any LVN online program out there?

Grossmont Adult School offers LVN training. Call them or go online top check it out. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MIMI in Coos Bay, Oregon

78 months ago

Joanne said: Does anyone know of a On-line program for Vocational Nursing or source in Fort Worth, Texas. I'm currently working in a Nursing Home CNA work.

Check out Excelsior College for their external degree program in Nursing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in W Sacramento in Glendale, California

78 months ago

Hello, does anyone know of a part time lvn program that won't cost so much money? I would like get into a program, but the only program I know cost 10000 dollars! Up front or in payments, but I know I can't make those Payments every 3 months. I'm trying to better myself and I am hitting walls. I have 10 years experience as a CNA. I have taken quite a few pre reqs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

dera lee harvey in Katy, Texas

77 months ago

thats good where is it located

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

honeyspider in Downey, California

77 months ago

i was excited when i found out about this program since it's just down the street from me, but i talked to a friend about it and he is discouraging me saying that downey adult school does not have a good reputation. i'm wondering, is this true? i checked them out and they are accredited. i hope they offer financial aid. the program is 12 months by the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

honeyspider in Downey, California

77 months ago

dera lee harvey in Katy, Texas said: thats good where is it located

its located at 12340 woodruff ave, downey ca 90241

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lena Kelley in Sunnyvale, California

77 months ago

I have a question if you know anything about LVN program in Bay Area. No longer than a year and prereq. classes faster than 3 semesters of Anatomy, Child developmnt etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha in Lynwood, California

76 months ago

honeyspider in Downey, California said: i was excited when i found out about this program since it's just down the street from me, but i talked to a friend about it and he is discouraging me saying that downey adult school does not have a good reputation. i'm wondering, is this true? i checked them out and they are accredited. i hope they offer financial aid. the program is 12 months by the way.

Okay first of all they don't offer finanical aid you must pay cash, secondly they only take 20 or 25 students I can't remember which one per class, and money is due before the first day of class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Garcia in Huntington Beach, California

76 months ago

Hey all, there is also an LVN program in Bellflower (near Downey) that a lot of people don't know about.

It is at INFOTECH CAREER COLLEGE, and the cost of the whole program is $19,500, which is a lot cheaper than a lot of private colleges. You can take out the whole amount in a student loan, which you apply for with the college.

Infotech is great about personal attention -- they won't just leave you, they really work with you to make sure you're happy and understand the material.

Also you don't have to work with any one hospital afterwards, you're free to do what you want. Infotech will help you with job placement, and finding a place to work after.

And also, there's no placement test, or prerequisite classes, which is great.

They're located at 16900 S. Lakewood Blvd., #209, Bellflower, CA 90706. Their phone number is (562) 804-1239.

I think their program starts on MAY 19, 2008, so you have to enroll now. They only have 20 or 25 spots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa

76 months ago

This is good information for some of us who is looking for LVN program and the cost. Thanks Michelle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Newport News, Virginia

76 months ago

Michelle Garcia in Huntington Beach, California said: Hey all, there is also an LVN program in Bellflower (near Downey) that a lot of people don't know about.

It is at INFOTECH CAREER COLLEGE, and the cost of the whole program is $19,500, which is a lot cheaper than a lot of private colleges. You can take out the whole amount in a student loan, which you apply for with the college.

Infotech is great about personal attention -- they won't just leave you, they really work with you to make sure you're happy and understand the material.

Also you don't have to work with any one hospital afterwards, you're free to do what you want. Infotech will help you with job placement, and finding a place to work after.

They're located at 16900 S. Lakewood Blvd., #209, Bellflower, CA 90706. Their phone number is (562) 804-1239.

I think their program starts on MAY 19, 2008, so you have to enroll now. They only have 20 or 25 spots.

$19,500!!!! That is alot of money for a LVN program, for that much money you might as well attend a community college program and transfer to a 4 year to get a BSN or something. At most LVN training should cost $10,000 if that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Garcia in Long Beach, California

76 months ago

Hi Melissa:

Actually most private colleges charge $28,000, which makes it a good deal.

Community colleges are cheaper but they only do RN programs, not LVN programs. Also a lot of them have waiting lists, which may mean waiting a year or two before even getting in, and you also need prerequisites. So, instead of wasting a year waiting to get in, maybe another year completing prerequisites, you might as well go straight to LVN school and save one year.....just think, if you can start working as an LVN, you can bridge later on and save all that time, and make money too.

The money you take out in a loan pays for itself once you start working....and remember employers also give you raises based on experience...

So, it just depends what you want, if you can wait a couple years, that's fine, but if you just want to get started, then LVN may be a good option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Newport News, Virginia

76 months ago

Wow, maybe it is that way in California, I dont know. I honestly feel that 28,000.00 is alot. Most community colleges do have LVN programs, basically just the first year of the RN program. I have seen some hospitals do LVN/LPN school as well and that usually run about 9,000 to 11,000. And basically some even pay for whole cost, if you agree to work for them for a certain amount of time.
I know that speaking from my personal experience (and my friends as well lol) that I am sort of blessed that I took the "long" route. I have to admit I did get lucky and get into nursing school rather fast, so I do understand the other end of things.

And with all of the scholarships for nursing, my education paid for itself, so I ended up with BSN with no loans or money due to anyone.

However good luck and I hope that everyone finds the right school for them

Theresa

76 months ago

Michelle Garcia in Huntington Beach, California said: Hey all, there is also an LVN program in Bellflower (near Downey) that a lot of people don't know about.

I called the number you have posted when I called the number is the fax number. Do you have other numbers or website address, I can try? By the way, do you know is the area safe, since I am not familiar with this area. Thank you in advance for the information, Michelle

Michelle Garcia in Long Beach, California

76 months ago

hi Theresa,

Their website address is www.infotechinst.com

The area is safe, I never had any troubles. It's just about two blocks away from Lakewood Mall, and it's near a major street.

That's wierd, the phone number, 562-804-1239 should be working. Try it again, and see how it goes.

You can email them too, information_infotech@yahoo.com

Good luck! Maybe I'll see you in this year's incoming class.

Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa

76 months ago

Thank you for providing helpful website address of the school. I have another person who informs me about Downey Adult School, they also have a LVN program which is much lower prices. You might want to check this out if you have not committed yourself with the InfoTech school. Thanks a million!, Michelle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Norwalk, California

75 months ago

hay michelle,
did you attend this school? did they prepare you enough for the state exam? do you know what their passing rate is? sorry for the questions. it seems like you may know more info. i am also looking for a good LVN program in the Long Beach area.

75 months ago

c'est moi in Modesto, California said: Lynwood Adult School In Lynwood ca off the 105 freeway charges less than 3k. I believe its 2500 and the also contract with worksource which pays your tuition with an agreement tat you work for a specific employer for 1 year. cool huh? Just graduated

Does anyone know anything about Lynwood Adult School LVN program?

75 months ago

Good school I graduated from Lynwood high school, the nursing program is about 2,700. payable up front they only take about 25-30 students, I'm not sure which one. They take the highest test scores, and they do clinicals at St Francis hospital, I think the next class starts in september, I'll try to be in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

marsha did you take the entrance exam? i think they're last testing date is this coming tuesday. i've passed it but theres still an aptitude test i need to take and im guessing its more comprehensive math, which i totally DISPISE! but i need to get in so im studying. what about you?

75 months ago

No, but I took the test at Downey Adult, I passed, but I didn't like the schedule, she said some times we would have to come in on Saturday and Sunday, I have a little girl, so I need a set schedule, give me the days and I'll work it out, but can't tell like tomorrow come in a 6:30, that would not work for me.

75 months ago

Melissa in Newport News, Virginia said: $19,500!!!! That is alot of money for a LVN program, for that much money you might as well attend a community college program and transfer to a 4 year to get a BSN or something. At most LVN training should cost $10,000 if that.

No, 19,500, is great all the programs I've seen cost about 24,000. like American Career that's too much money, I went to community college, graduate in 2006, still on waiting list for nursing program.

75 months ago

marsha in Lynwood, California said: No, but I took the test at Downey Adult, I passed, but I didn't like the schedule, she said some times we would have to come in on Saturday and Sunday, I have a little girl, so I need a set schedule, give me the days and I'll work it out, but can't tell like tomorrow come in a 6:30, that would not work for me.

are you thinking of doing the Lynwood Adult? its only about 2,500, beats Downey with saving another 2,500 but im just unsure about the passing rate of Lynwood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I am thinking about Lynwood Adult, I'm calling tomorrow.

75 months ago

=) maybe ill see you there.

75 months ago

okay cool! hopefully we can get in the same class

75 months ago

dont they only have one class?

75 months ago

I'm not sure I'll find out tomorrow

Ann nguyen in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Hi someone there

Thank you for your giving information about LVN; I am looking for an LVN program too. I see that some school that they charged too expense. if you have feel free, please email me ASAP that I can have the information about the LVN program which you posted on web.
again, thank you very much. my email is dongan88@hotmail.com
Ann Nguyen

Theresa

75 months ago

There is many choices out there from a relative good price LVN program to an a bit pricey program. It is all depend on everyone to choose. There is a person who wants to wait for the term start on September or sooner. Your best choice if you have a patience and time to wait, I genuinely believe the adult school program is a good choice of the price. I understand price can be hard for most of us. I hope you can find a suitable program and price that you feel comfortable with (Downey and others adult school) are offerings a good cost for the program itself. Good luck.

Dave 5000 in Banning, California

75 months ago

Rachel in W Sacramento in Glendale, California said: Hello, does anyone know of a part time lvn program that won't cost so much money? I would like get into a program, but the only program I know cost 10000 dollars! Up front or in payments, but I know I can't make those Payments every 3 months. I'm trying to better myself and I am hitting walls. I have 10 years experience as a CNA. I have taken quite a few pre reqs.

Rachel, Concorde college is $26,000.00 for full or part -time full time is 1 year. part time is 18 months BUT you can get loans and you wont have to make a payment till 6 months after you graduate, I know because I graduate the 1st of August 2008

rachel in Sacramento, California

75 months ago

Where is Concorde college?

Theresa

75 months ago

Hello,

You can search in Google. The one I know is in Los Angeles, California. I am not sure if they have one in your area. Hope this is help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hope in Oakland, California

74 months ago

Jane in San Diego, California said: Does any one know of any LVN online program out there?

did you find an online LVN program yet?

74 months ago

You won't find a on-line lvn program because if you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense, there's too much hands on that you need to know, you can't learn to put in a g-tube, or a catheter on line. Sorry.

74 months ago

No,really there is alot you can acheive online like all your classroom subjects then your clinicals will be done in a hospital setting. It is not very hard. There was one program that did offer it however stopped for some reason. But half the program is in a classroom and out of a book. The necessity would be to link with a local hospital for clinical studies.

74 months ago

Theresa said: Hello,

You can search in Google. The one I know is in Los Angeles, California. I am not sure if they have one in your area. Hope this is help.

If it is online, it should not make a differece that it is in LA right. Unless they only use local clinical sites.

Theresa

74 months ago

I believe they are not online on account of clinical practice part as far as I receive the info. You are correct if which is an on line program it does not matter which part of state, we live unfortunately this is not an online program.

Brenda in Lynwood, California

74 months ago

maria in Norwalk, California said: are you thinking of doing the Lynwood Adult? its only about 2,500, beats Downey with saving another 2,500 but im just unsure about the passing rate of Lynwood.

Hello Maria,

i guess i'm kind of late for a comment, but i been searching for lvn school, for along time ago, and by reading all this comments from you guys i think the best schools to go for LVN is Lynwood and Downey, Now for Lynwood do you know when is the testing day?
because for Downey adult school they have a webside, i can get all the info that i need from there.

73 months ago

brenda, its hard to get info for the Lynwood adult school unless you go to their school personally and inquire. they dont have a website or any other info online. they've just finished testing for their '08 class so i think they may start again next year. as for downey, they have an october class starting up.

Brenda in Lynwood, California

73 months ago

Thanks Maria,

so which school are u planing to go, or you are already accepted in one of this schools?

Theresa

73 months ago

Do you know when the test is and the program starts? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.