How much should we pay for an LVN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 181)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Other Guy in Montebello, California

76 months ago

I dont know the exact cost but mine is going to cost around 29,000 so your lucky right there. my friend went to one for 20,000 but he said it wasn't a very good program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas

76 months ago

I would like to ask you some question please. Is the LVN program is that easy? please let me know and give me some idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (244) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

ARIES PRINCESS in SFV, California

76 months ago

I think your search should be dependent on the curriculim, school staff, and job placement ability for the school. All included, the money should not be the primary reason to hold off on your nursing career. Also, keep in mind the clinical study amount of time included in the program counts as part of your experience for job search later. The program I am enrolled for is 10-months clinical study which is awesome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

PATTY in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Aries Princess in Sacramento, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for an LVN program at a trade school. The total cost is a little over 26,000 and i feel like it is alot of money. On the flip side, the amount i will be paying could be worth it. The 12-month program includes: 10 months clinical training which will go great on a resume... everyone wants experience now a days. Is this too much money?

Here in dallas, texas if you attend a community college to get your licence u only pay around 8,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Former Maric College Student in Cathedral City, California said: Good Luck, you'll need it.

Why do you say that? Is it a bad or good "Good Luck, you'll need it"??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Guest in Bruceville, Texas

75 months ago

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas said: I would like to ask you some question please. Is the LVN program is that easy? please let me know and give me some idea.

I am In an LVN program and I would definatley never say that it is easy by any means, but If you are willing to put in the work and the time and by time I mean ALL of your free time then you can make it. and so far i have paid about $4,500 for the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mzjoiu in sacramento, California

75 months ago

Aries Princess in Sacramento, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for an LVN program at a trade school. The totalt cost is a little over 26,000 and i feel like it is alot of money. On the flip side, the amount i will be paying could be worth it. The 12-month program includes: 10 months clinical training which will go great on a resume... everyone wants experience now a days. Is this too much money?

Im looking for a school like yours, I have a question are you able to work and go to school on this type of program? Im a single mom, and I went to the JC's in sacramento and they told me that it would take 2yrs or more and theres a waiting list. I need some advice please help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

You should definately seek a faster program... definately worth the money to pursue your nursing career. I am also a single mother, and do plan to work while in school. The program does not restrict employment while in school. No worries:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rhod in Camarillo, California

75 months ago

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas said: please help me if someone know about lvn program is that easy?

Trang, All LVN programs in California have to include the same amount of material to be covered. It is determined by the state. The thing that makes one "easy" and another one "hard" is the amount of time spent covering the material. Normaly it is completed in 18 to 20 months (like at junior colleges where you take the prerqs first and then 18 months of LVN) or 12 months (at a votec). I attended a 12 month program that included all the prereqs and LVN stuff, and it was HARD! We started with 30 people and 12 completed it. If you want easier, go to a college but it is only easier becouse you have more time to study and learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Busymom in Lubbock, Texas

74 months ago

Guest in Bruceville, Texas said: I am In an LVN program and I would definatley never say that it is easy by any means, but If you are willing to put in the work and the time and by time I mean ALL of your free time then you can make it. and so far i have paid about $4,500 for the program.

I'm looking for a school in Lubbock, TX to get my LVN license. Is nursing your calling/passion? I'm interested in nursing, but something I decided to do last month. How do you retain all the material? I'm also looking for an Online course program for after I get my LVN License. What is it like workng with patients?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rhod in Camarillo, California

74 months ago

Toya in Irving, Texas in Ashburn, Virginia said: Is anybody familiar with Dallas Nursing Institute? I met with a guy from Concorde Career Institute and the evening classes for the LVN program is 19 months long and it costs $25,000!!! At DNI the cost is $22 000 and the evening classes are only 17 months, so it's cheaper and shorter, but.... how are the teachers and the classes? If anyone has any idea, please let me know

In one week I graduate from the Concorde day classes in California. We have five people in our class that came over from the evening classes. They did not like the quality of the education and also said the teachers are not commited to teaching because they are only part time teachers trying to pick up some extra work. The day time teachers are all full time. That said, the school has a passing rate for the NCLEX of 92%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toya in Irving, Texas in Ashburn, Virginia

74 months ago

Oh, ok.Thanx!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

princessxdee in Elk Grove, California

72 months ago

has anyone attended/or is attending kaplan (formerly maric) in sacramento for their LVN program? can u give me some info about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stella in Irving, Texas

71 months ago

i want to ask some question on LVN program.i live in carrollton. i want to know if clinical hours fluctuates, that is if some can do at 6am while others do at 7, 8 or even 9am.
again i want to knowthe fate of a pregnant woman who delivers in the mist of the program, how can she meet up if she misses classes and class tests?
thanks in anticipation.

stella henry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Just Saying in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

trang nguyen in dallas, Texas in Wylie, Texas said: I would like to ask you some question please. Is the LVN program is that easy? please let me know and give me some idea.

No, not at all. its intense and requires lots of time away from family and friends, but its well worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just Saying in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

stella in Irving, Texas said: i want to ask some question on LVN program.i live in carrollton. i want to know if clinical hours fluctuates, that is if some can do at 6am while others do at 7, 8 or even 9am.
again i want to knowthe fate of a pregnant woman who delivers in the mist of the program, how can she meet up if she misses classes and class tests?
thanks in anticipation.

stella henry

It depends on the School's Program. The Program at Concorde I was in allowed you to switch with someone if you needed a different clinical time.Also there were at least six people pregnant in my class and they all finished so good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

e ramirez in Vallejo, California

71 months ago

Aries Princess in Sacramento, California said: I am in the process of enrolling for an LVN program at a trade school. The total cost is a little over 26,000 and i feel like it is alot of money. On the flip side, the amount i will be paying could be worth it. The 12-month program includes: 10 months clinical training which will go great on a resume... everyone wants experience now a days. Is this too much money?

I don't know if you would like to comute but there is a program in vallejo that is state board credit and is only 18,ooo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

e ramirez in Vallejo, California

71 months ago

ARIES PRINCESS in SFV, California said: Why do you say that? Is it a bad or good "Good Luck, you'll need it"??

I'm single mother of 3 kids and no child support and I just finished the lvn program please don't pay attention to negative comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No Reply - Report abuse

waiting4nclexresults in Redlands, California

71 months ago

The clinical hours are a requirement by the state of California that all schools must include. My school included almost a thousand hours and was just a little more than state reqs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

lamama in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I'm single mother of 3 kids and no child support and I just finished the lvn program please don't pay attention to negative comments

Oh my god! Good for you, that is great, I only have one kid and find it hard to make it happen!! I'd love to know how you managed to do it (Private or College?) Did you work too while in school? Who took care of your kids?
Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

ARIES PRINCESS in SFV, California said: You should definately seek a faster program... definately worth the money to pursue your nursing career. I am also a single mother, and do plan to work while in school. The program does not restrict employment while in school. No worries:)

Thank you Ms.AriesPrincess i went to the school and checked it out,, and Im scheduled to comeback in july09 for the meeting, however I want to know if you have taken the hesi test and what should I study for? please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Maric College Student

70 months ago

ARIES PRINCESS in SFV, California said: Why do you say that? Is it a bad or good "Good Luck, you'll need it"??

Listen, i don't mean to sound mean, but i am a mom of
2 kids myself and i attended Maric College now Kaplan.
They don't give you the proper teacher or training you need
to get a job out there. The majority of students there are
high school drop-outs or single moms. They just want the free money
from the government and to be honest we are pretty much the ones who qualify
for those grants. Take it from someone who's been through it and knows sooooo many
other students that feel the same way. Go back to a community college, they have
flexible hours too, and not only are they not expensive, you will get a real degree.
And trust me when i say this, many many employers now consider the Maric diploma a minus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Aries Princess,, I want to know if you graduated and what are the prospects of students getting there LVN license? Do you have a previous health care background? Or are you new to the healthcare field. And did you get a full ride or did you have to take out student loans? Please respond because the next program is in OCT09,,and what was it like taking the Hesi test to get into school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I don't know if you would like to comute but there is a program in vallejo that is state board credit and is only 18,ooo

where is this program at? I live in sacramento, and could you give me the website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Where is the program in Vallejo,,,I would like to do more research on it,, and did you graduate from it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chel in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

I was thinking about going to Kaplan in Oct 2009 when the next LVN clas starts but i am a little worried. I went to check if they were accredited and it seems that they are not "fully" accredited but the program is only around $26,000. I checked out Western Career College and they are around $36,000 but they are fully accredited. Has anyone attended Kaplan College? I know that the Sacramento campus just started their LVN program in 2008. Should i just try and get into Western Career College? I checked out the Community COlleges and the waiting periods are too long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TwentyFourSeven in Oakland, California

70 months ago

Hi Chel. I've been doing a lot of research on accredited programs for nursing. I found the www.allnurses.com forum to be very helpful. You can also check out www.bvnpt.ca.gov for valid information. From there you can check if the school is fully accredited along with the passing rate percentage. I would definitely do a thorough assessment on the school you are planning on choosing especially if it's a private vocational school. As you already know, LVN programs in the bay area costs an arm and a leg. Make sure that the quality of your education is worth what you're going to pay for in the long run. Find out what kind of credentials the teachers have so you can get the proper training. If you plan to be an RN through a bridge program (LVN-RN) route, be aware of your options in choosing which schools you can bridge to. California is tough...nursing is so impacted and because there's a long waitlist in these community colleges, we're left with this expensive option. I understand where you are coming from. I'm on the same boat. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ramireze in Vallejo, California

70 months ago

heres is some information any body who wants to check if the school is credite or not go to CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF NURSING you can check the schools in your area. I'm in Vallejo and so far the program is for 2 years thursday and friday. They were 30 spaces in January and we are only 28 so any body around this area could check this program. The other one is this one and it coast 18,000 the books and supplies are include and the program is for one 11 moths. Good luck to every one.
College of Medical Arts
1141 Capitol Street, Suite 7B
Vallejo, CA 94590

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Lewisville, Texas

70 months ago

very helpful, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saipeople in kingwood, Texas

70 months ago

Thanks for the information Ramireze

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chel in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

Thank you very much for the information TwentyFourSeven. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dirty south in Arlington, Texas

68 months ago

I live in Arlington and I have checked on Concord Career Institute. I thought the cost was sort of high, but like people before me have pointed out there is a waiting list at the community colleges. I have a child which is my motivation, because I promised myself that when she started school I would go back to school because I want to be an even better provider for her. BUT THE THOUGHT OF THE EXSPENSE TERRIFIES ME!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

dirty south in Arlington, Texas said: I live in Arlington and I have checked on Concord Career Institute. I thought the cost was sort of high, but like people before me have pointed out there is a waiting list at the community colleges. I have a child which is my motivation, because I promised myself that when she started school I would go back to school because I want to be an even better provider for her. BUT THE THOUGHT OF THE EXSPENSE TERRIFIES ME!!!!!!!

I have been doing some checking and found out that there are loan forberances so check it out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

enma in Vallejo, California

68 months ago

dirty south in Arlington, Texas said: I live in Arlington and I have checked on Concord Career Institute. I thought the cost was sort of high, but like people before me have pointed out there is a waiting list at the community colleges. I have a child which is my motivation, because I promised myself that when she started school I would go back to school because I want to be an even better provider for her. BUT THE THOUGHT OF THE EXSPENSE TERRIFIES ME!!!!!!!

I don't know if it is posible for you to move but in san antonio they have a couple of city college that has the LVN program for the spring and fall there is no waiting list and also they have a evenig program. The only reason that I didn't do the program in San Antonio is because the education system is very different and my kids were struguling with the elementary school I decide to move back to California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rosie in Pacoima, California

68 months ago

Angela in La Puente, California said: I am currently in an LVN program and the total cost for the whole 13 months is only $1900 that all. It its very hard work and the school is well know around the hospitals in Orange County. You should research North Orange County ROP program. It is such a great program and you learn the best and most needed things. The passing rate is 93% last year. Its really good. Just look into it if yoiur close.

have you finished school if so have you started working im considering becoming an lvn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Austin R in Santa Ana, California

68 months ago

Angela in La Puente, California said: I am currently in an LVN program and the total cost for the whole 13 months is only $1900 that all. It its very hard work and the school is well know around the hospitals in Orange County. You should research North Orange County ROP program. It is such a great program and you learn the best and most needed things. The passing rate is 93% last year. Its really good. Just look into it if yoiur close.

I graduated from North Orange County ROP December 2008. It's very hard work, waking up super early in the morning during clinical days, and having multiple projects at once, but it was well worth it. They did a very good job preparing us for the NCLEX. So far, everyone in our class has passed. It's a very good program. Most hospitals around that area actually prefer LVNs who graduated from North Orange County ROP because this school has very high standards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LenaJ

68 months ago

does anyone know of a good lvn program in sacramento cali..?? that isn't crazy expensive?? I'm looking into western career college for the lvn program but it's freaking expensive..43 grand...thanks

MARIE in San Antonio, Texas

67 months ago

I would say If I did it...you can do it too.It is not easy but you have the determination.YOU CAN DO IT...Go for it...it is so worthed...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LenaJ

67 months ago

moving to SF soon, does anyone know of a college or prive school that offers a RN program with no waiting list, or a LVN-RN program?? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

iwant2banurse in Garden Grove, California

67 months ago

hi everyone,
i was reading some postings and saw that a few people went to North OC ROP program. Did you guys receive units/credits per semester or how did that work? I am on a waitlist for RN program but I feel I could get done faster with a LVN license. Thank you so much for any suggestions/help. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shanti in Vallejo, California

66 months ago

e ramirez in Vallejo, California said: I don't know if you would like to comute but there is a program in vallejo that is state board credit and is only 18,ooo

I live in Vallejo and am looking for am LVN school. What is the name of the school here in Vallejo? Where is it located?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ramireze in Vallejo, California

66 months ago

shanti in Vallejo, California said: I live in Vallejo and am looking for am LVN school. What is the name of the school here in Vallejo? Where is it located?

The name is COLLEGE OF MEDICAL OF ARTS just put that and you'll get the information. There been doing open house information in the VALLEJO ADULT SCHOOL

Vallejo Campus
Vocational Nursing
Nursing Assistant
Thursday June 4

3:00 PM Nursing Assistant
4:00- 5:30* PM Vocational Nursing
*Drop in to apply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shelly in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

hey i want to start an lvn program asap but everywhere i went and checked its so expensive i live in los angeles

Kaths2go in Sacramento, California

65 months ago

Hi,how did your boyfriend like Unitek College?
I was also thinking of going there? They told me it was going to around 27,000? for the coarse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ho in Fremont, California

65 months ago

LenaJ said: does anyone know of a good lvn program in sacramento cali..?? that isn't crazy expensive?? I'm looking into western career college for the lvn program but it's freaking expensive..43 grand...thanks

I went to there to know more about the lvn course at Western , oh is too expensive and I wonder anyone out there had taken this lvn program and how is it..worth the price and can get the job easily. please advise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

eramirez in Vallejo, California

65 months ago

boston reed has an LVN program in Vacaville Ca, wich it would be about 20 minutos from Sacramento I believe is about 21 or 22 tounsend.
Also CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF NURSING you can check the schools in your area. I'm in Vallejo and I'm doing the Napa Valley College program is for 2 years thursday and friday only cost about 3000 but if the person qualifies for financial Aid then would be only about 1000 for the rest of expenses The other one cost 18,000 the books and supplies are include and the program is for one 11 moths. Good luck to every one.
College of Medical Arts
1141 Capitol Street, Suite 7B
Vallejo, CA 94590

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gina in Morganville, New Jersey

64 months ago

has anyone gone to this private nursing school in thousand oaks california they claim that you can do a CNA,PRE-REQ'S & LVN in about 18mth's is this true instead of going to a regular college?

i believe he school is pmic

www.pmcicareers.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gina in Morganville, New Jersey

64 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maan sacramento in Sacramento, California

63 months ago

ARIES PRINCESS in SFV, California said: I will be attending Kaplan College (previously known as Maric)

if you want further education after lvn at kaplan, are you sure you can all the credits, i don't think so

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

futureLVN in New York, New York

63 months ago

Is there ANYONE reading this that is in the LVN program @ Kaplan Sacramento right now? Or if it's finished then someone who went through it? What did you think? Do you know about the accreditation (sp?) status, are you able to take your NCLEX yet (if finished and accredited)? Are/were you happy with the school and training/lab/clinicals?

Ps, No need for comments about anything other than from current students @ the Sacramento campus. I am fully aware of prices and all that stuff, all my prereqs are done at community colleges so I will have no issues with those in the future. I just don't want to sit on a waitlist or waiting to get picked from a lottery, because as Sac area students know, people can wait 3,4, maybe more years to get into a program.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.