Sponsorship for US trained nurse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 154)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

megumi in Waterford, Michigan

73 months ago

Hi, YK. I don't have BSN that I can't afford the tuition, so unfortunately, I can't use CPT. Did you find any hospital or agency that sponsor you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Yk in East Elmhurst, New York

73 months ago

Hi Megumi, did you get OPT? I got opt which expired on July 2008. I filed the I-140 with my previous hospital, however, hospital did not promise that i can come back if visa is available. So, i am not sure. Now I am back in school, and
looking for agencies, i don't mind paying legal fee again to file I-140. No i haven't find agency yet. Did you try emailing those who wrote on this site? I tried some. No response yet.

megumi in Waterford, Michigan said: Hi, YK. I don't have BSN that I can't afford the tuition, so unfortunately, I can't use CPT. Did you find any hospital or agency that sponsor you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hi YK, I used my OPT when I got my first degree, so if I get BSN degree, then I can apply another OPT again, but otherwise, I am pretty much stuck wherte I am in right now. I talked to some hospitals and agencies too. The nursing recruitor I talked to today said they can't sponsor me now, but if the retrogression is lifted, they can sponsor me Green card. Agency I talked said they can sponsor me Green card if I pay the fee (also said reimburse the fee when I get Green card), but it's going to take two and half years. It's just a bad time for us now, but it might be different after the President election this year. I am still looking for anyone can help me. I'm also trying to get information working in Canada, but it's more complicated than here USA.

Yk in East Elmhurst, New York

73 months ago

The agency said you have to pay fee which you will get back later? hmm, yeah it is very bad. I also think about Canada. I tried to get the application package from ontario nursing board. I am not sure they will send it to me. Nothing is sure.. I also contact the agency in toronto. She sounds very nice, and willing to help me to get licensed there.
Do you want to talk to her too?
As we know, we need experience. Right?
And, getting license in japan is a lot more complicated, and they only accept once a year in order for them to assess if we are qualified to take exam.
Australia is also nice to work, don't you think?

megumi in Waterford, Michigan said: Hi YK, I used my OPT when I got my first degree, so if I get BSN degree, then I can apply another OPT again, but otherwise, I am pretty much stuck wherte I am in right now. I talked to some hospitals and agencies too. The nursing recruitor I talked to today said they can't sponsor me now, but if the retrogression is lifted, they can sponsor me Green card. Agency I talked said they can sponsor me Green card if I pay the fee (also said reimburse the fee when I get Green card), but it's going to take two and half years. It's just a bad time for us now, but it might be different after the President election this year. I am still looking for anyone can help me. I'm also trying to get information working in Canada, but it's more complicated than here USA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Yk in East Elmhurst, New York said: The agency said you have to pay fee which you will get back later? hmm, yeah it is very bad. I also think about Canada. I tried to get the application package from ontario nursing board. I am not sure they will send it to me. Nothing is sure.. I also contact the agency in toronto. She sounds very nice, and willing to help me to get licensed there.
Do you want to talk to her too?
As we know, we need experience. Right?
And, getting license in japan is a lot more complicated, and they only accept once a year in order for them to assess if we are qualified to take exam.
Australia is also nice to work, don't you think?

Hi YK, I don't know you still see this message, but I already requested the assessment package in Canada. If you need information for that send me e-mail. My e-mail address is megumi_miyazawa@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KB in Alhambra, California

72 months ago

Hi Megumi and Yk!
I am also a new graduate RN fr an Associate Degree prog in boston and just moved to CA, I am currently on OPT too!!
I am in the same situation like both of u!!!
I am experiencing hard time in getting a job...also having hard time in getting hosp to sponsor me for green card!!!

any suggestion for me??
are any of u havin a job right now??
wat typical questions that they ask durin interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

marim1972 in Auburn Hills, Michigan

72 months ago

megumi in Waterford, Michigan said: i'm on F-1 visa in the USA and I got my Associates of RN degree from USA, so is there any hospital sponser nurses like me?
I'm open to all states.

You might want to check out the link:union.okstate.edu/iss/EmploymentTax/OPT.htm
unfortunatly at this time there are no H visa's being issued. This is where the dilema remains.
Best of luck to you. Hope it works out.

KB in Alhambra, California

72 months ago

Hi Megumi!!Thank you for your info!!!
so do u found any hospital that sponsor for u yet??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tawambu in Newark, Delaware

71 months ago

i am to graduate in 12/08 and sitting for my RN boards in Dec-January which ever date comes up. I am looking for anyone that offers sponsorship for foreign students, trained in the US. Do not mind relocating and just flustered with what steps to take...getting an associates and want to pursue my bachelors then finally masters but my road is blocked now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emi in Chesterfield, Missouri

71 months ago

tawambu in Newark, Delaware said: i am to graduate in 12/08 and sitting for my RN boards in Dec-January which ever date comes up. I am looking for anyone that offers sponsorship for foreign students, trained in the US. Do not mind relocating and just flustered with what steps to take...getting an associates and want to pursue my bachelors then finally masters but my road is blocked now....

I am with eMed RN Global Services, an organization that assists foreign nurses with sponsorship and employment. We have two programs to choose from; one is pursuing a bachelor's degree and/or master's degree through a university our organization has partenered with, the other is working at a hospital through sponsorship from our organization. Feel free to contact me at your convenience at fdgamy@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

yhl1975 in Lod, Israel

70 months ago

Hello ,
my name is yhl1975,I am RN
from Israel, in prosses to get H4 visa .I could start a Social Security background check from 01/01/2009.
I have RN NY BOARD LICENSE, and in prosses of endorsement to get MD RN license.
I am interested to work in USA Maryland(Bethesda,Rockvill, Chevi Chase...)
I passed IELTS.
I am have expirience in Dialisis and Internal Unit.
I have Master of Arts in Nursing and I have 10 years of experience . See my CV.
I am interested to get work authorization card(HB1,J1,I-140 and Ajustment of Status.)
All recomendations and the names of three professional reference will be send in the future.
mail
hlarisa@yandex.ru
Kind regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

tawambu in Newark, Delaware

69 months ago

i passed my boards!!! what next!!!I don't know what to do because I need sponsorship and please anyone out there.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ashmos in Boston, Massachusetts

68 months ago

I am a forien nurse without rn exam .is there any way for starting work here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Arlington, Texas

68 months ago

Does anybody have any information on hospitals/agencies that sponsor foreign nurses educated here in the US? I just passed my boards and currently on OPT which will expire Jan 2010. Thanks a lot.

dixy in Burke, Virginia

67 months ago

I am prospective student for Accelerated second degree in BSN, I am not sure after completing it will I get OPT?

KB in Alhambra, California said: Hi Megumi and Yk!
I am also a new graduate RN fr an Associate Degree prog in boston and just moved to CA, I am currently on OPT too!!
I am in the same situation like both of u!!!
I am experiencing hard time in getting a job...also having hard time in getting hosp to sponsor me for green card!!!

any suggestion for me??
are any of u havin a job right now??
wat typical questions that they ask durin interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dixy in Burke, Virginia

67 months ago

Hi,
Please forward me the information , once you come to know which hospitals are offering sponsorship? One question for you? Are going to get opt when you can work after your degree.

megumi in Waterford, Michigan said: i'm on F-1 visa in the USA and I got my Associates of RN degree from USA, so is there any hospital sponser nurses like me?
I'm open to all states.

dixy in Burke, Virginia

67 months ago

Hi,
Which nursing degree you have percieved and received OPT, I have applied for second degree BSN and not sure whether I will get OPT or not?

Yk in East Elmhurst, New York said: Hi Megumi, did you get OPT? I got opt which expired on July 2008. I filed the I-140 with my previous hospital, however, hospital did not promise that i can come back if visa is available. So, i am not sure. Now I am back in school, and
looking for agencies, i don't mind paying legal fee again to file I-140. No i haven't find agency yet. Did you try emailing those who wrote on this site? I tried some. No response yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

good luck in Grand Prairie, Texas

67 months ago

I have a BSN and my RN license since2005, I applied for change of status and i 140 since 2006, but it was denied DT wage availablity. I don't know what to do. Will this new Nursing Act Relief be of help to me? There are so many US trained nurses that cannot work because they are out of their status, I wonder if there's a provision for them in the new bill, instead of spending so much getting foreign nurses here and training them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pari in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

59 months ago

I'm open to all states.

hi i am on F1 too and still studing can you please guide me how you got open to all states? and hows your efforts going to get a job. did you get one yet?please reply me at pari4piyar@yahoo.com

pari in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

59 months ago

good luck in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I have a BSN and my RN license since2005, I applied for change of status and i 140 since 2006, but it was denied DT wage availablity. I don't know what to do. Will this new Nursing Act Relief be of help to me? There are so many US trained nurses that cannot work because they are out of their status, I wonder if there's a provision for them in the new bill, instead of spending so much getting foreign nurses here and training them.

hellow i am foriegn ruse trained in us too. what is your situation now? i am worried too.

Cranberry160 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Mark in Arlington, Texas said: Does anybody have any information on hospitals/agencies that sponsor foreign nurses educated here in the US? I just passed my boards and currently on OPT which will expire Jan 2010. Thanks a lot.

Hi Mark, have you found a sponsor? I'm curious what opportunities/options are really available for US educated nurses ( I have associate's degree, passed NCLEX and have taken IELTS) who are out of status.

Mark in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Cranberry160 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Mark, have you found a sponsor? I'm curious what opportunities/options are really available for US educated nurses ( I have associate's degree, passed NCLEX and have taken IELTS) who are out of status.

I am doing my RN to BSN now. I dont have a sponsor yet but some companies have called me for work visa sponsorships after I do my BSN. Hopefully they will call me back by Fall this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jolly

55 months ago

Hi all, I'm an RN for over 3 years, educated here in the US. And looking for a sponsor too. I'm currently out of status. Willing to work anywhere in the US.

Beatrice2010 in Lahnam, Maryland

55 months ago

Hello All!I Am experiencing the same thing. i graduated with BSN here in October of 07' nd have since nt worked. i did get recruited but when told i needed sponsor for the wk auth hospitals said they were no longer doing it, others said the retrogression has affected even the ones they filed, some said my license is over one year so they would not sponsor me even when i said am willing to take a refresher course!! can anyone help please if i get a sponsor i dnt mind relocating ASAP!!
Beatrice2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

please email me if any development 4 sponsorship in hospitals/acute care facilities. An RN/BSN here in Maryland nd have no sponsor since 2007. Can anyone help me on how to get this challenge taken care of this year please i appreciate every helpful info. its not easy since i graduated here in the Us. Thanks you all it will work out i blive!
beatrice2010

Shani in Semey, Kazakstan

54 months ago

Hi, i am fresh Graduate from Medical School former Russian State Degree: M.D... is there any opportunity to get a job as medical assistant in any state while preparing for USMLE ..will be very greatful if will get some information.

julia jung in Torrance, California

54 months ago

Hello, my name is julia who is NEW GRAD RN from El Camino College, Torrance, CA.
Currently, I'm on OPT and it will be expired mid of FEB, 2011. I'm actively looking for RN job and hopefully i can find any facility which sponsors me. I'm willing to relocate any other city or state.
If the facility requires me to work beyond OPT, I willing to find way such as CPT through BSN program. I’m a bilingual in Korean and English.

While I am attending nursing school, I had a clinical rotation about 900 hours at different setting of hospital. 80% of clinical rotation was in Med-surg unit on acute care. With medical-surgical patients I will enjoy my work. I was on dean’s list for good clinical activity in med-surg unit and my clinical instructors evaluated me as an asset to the clinical group and have a wonderful bedside manner. On my last preceptorship I was in telemetry at kiser Permanente. During that time I was working with my Preceptor and I had 4 patients in 12 hours shifts and successfully managed and learned lost of skills such as dressing change, blood transfusion, EKG leading, delegation, prioritize patients, and etc.

I believe that my practical work experience such as the ICU and ER, taking ventilator patients and those with numerous drips and educational background prepared me for making an immense contribution to your hospital. I am well aware with the communication and professionalism skills required to stay for long time in this field.

I hope I can find any sponsor or feel free to caontact me if anyone is interested in my position.

Thanks!!

HPEFUL in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Mark in Dallas, Texas said: I am doing my RN to BSN now. I dont have a sponsor yet but some companies have called me for work visa sponsorships after I do my BSN. Hopefully they will call me back by Fall this year.

Hey Mark in Dallas, just out of curiosity, n possibly ur willingness to help, which companies are these?
Is it in TX?

at84 in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

jolly said: Hi all, I'm an RN for over 3 years, educated here in the US. And looking for a sponsor too. I'm currently out of status. Willing to work anywhere in the US.

could you please email me I am in the same situation at84s@yahoo.com

djlark in Oakland, California

53 months ago

Mark in Dallas, Texas said: I am doing my RN to BSN now. I dont have a sponsor yet but some companies have called me for work visa sponsorships after I do my BSN. Hopefully they will call me back by Fall this year.

Hi! Is it possible if I get the contact info of the companies you've mentioned? I have an F1 visa, and I am currently looking for a sponsor. Please e-mail me at djlark12@gmail.com. Thank you!

9livesmaleRN in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

Hello there, I am on the same situation as all of you, I have finished my RN degree ADN, and on a journey to find a sponsor, I have lived here in the US for over 6 years, am trilingual, (English, Spanish, and Portuguese) and would love to get some assistance, great on critical care, have plenty of recommendation letters from hospital - unit clinical managers, instructors, nursing directors, and staff nurse. I graduated with honors, on the Dean's list, with leadership distinction, as well as with a 3.7 GPA, can work any day any where any time, any environment!

can some one help the poor little nurses here trying to blend in and HELP the community and country that we fell in love with!!!

Thank you in advance for your effort and advice,
- from a future proud American Citizen!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Priscila in West Orange, New Jersey

53 months ago

Cranberry160 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Mark, have you found a sponsor? I'm curious what opportunities/options are really available for US educated nurses ( I have associate's degree, passed NCLEX and have taken IELTS) who are out of status.

Hi, I'm in the same situation as you.....have you found a sponsor or any other option?

Priscila in West Orange, New Jersey

53 months ago

jolly said: Hi all, I'm an RN for over 3 years, educated here in the US. And looking for a sponsor too. I'm currently out of status. Willing to work anywhere in the US.

hi. have you found something? I'm in the same situation but a little bit discouraged because my lawyer said that is no way for me to fix my situation (due to the overstay) even if I find a sponsor.......Anyone has any advice? any help would be very appreciated...thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

9livesmaleRN in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Priscila in West Orange, New Jersey said: hi. have you found something? I'm in the same situation but a little bit discouraged because my lawyer said that is no way for me to fix my situation (due to the overstay) even if I find a sponsor.......Anyone has any advice? any help would be very appreciated...thanks.

hi there priscila, checka la seu imigrar.com te mandei uma mensagem...

get in touch with me so we can talk!

i am still on the same boat!

Veronica in Long Beach, California

52 months ago

Any one found a sponsorship??

Im an international student at a Cal state university. I am graduating this august and Im super discouraged due to the visa/green card issue.

I am trilingual (Spanish, English and Korean), and I am getting my NCLEX on November. I have a GPA of 3.7. I am a member of Nursing Honor Society Sigma Theta Tau, University Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi, and Golden Key International
Society.

If anyone knows any sponsorships/hospitals/agencies, or any info PLEASE HIT ME UP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcapricorn426 in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

Hi All! To be honest this forum is making me depressed... I finished school here in South California and passed my NCLEX, but having a hard time looking for companies/agencies that are willing to sponsor out of status RNs. I'm 26 years old male with an ADN. All my prayers have been answered except for the last part(getting a sponsor to work as an RN). Any tips or information is greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all. God bless!

51 months ago

please any good news latelely in regards to this? our rn n sponsorship desire? take care n please keep me informed.

رحمان in Pirooz, Iran, Islamic Republic of

51 months ago

yk in East Elmhurst, New York said: Hi, I feel close to you, since im somewhat in the same situation, and am japanese. As far as I know many hospitals stop sponsoring us. I believe some agencies still do. Don't loose your hope. If you are studying for BS in nursing, you can use CPT and work.

hi i am nurse .i am from iran .is there any chance for us?

Priscila in Livingston, New Jersey

51 months ago

jcapricorn426 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi All! To be honest this forum is making me depressed... I finished school here in South California and passed my NCLEX, but having a hard time looking for companies/agencies that are willing to sponsor out of status RNs. I'm 26 years old male with an ADN. All my prayers have been answered except for the last part(getting a sponsor to work as an RN). Any tips or information is greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all. God bless!

Hi, how are you? I'm in the same situation as you.... I would like to talk to you, please e-mail me at priscilalima82@gmail.com......thanks

amaraabbb in Silver Spring, Maryland

51 months ago

Hi all, I am an international RN as well. I have worked with my OPT for a year but since the hospitals in the area are not sponsoring I have resigned from my position. I have talked to several lawyers and they have told me that as a RN with BSN degree I might be able to get in teaching. They have told me that nursing educators are exempt from H1-B visa. So look for a job in RN or nurse aid schools maybe as an clinical instructor or teaching assistant if the schools are willing to sponsor. Also look for the places that are sponsoring for Green Card not for H1-B visas.

Since I just resigned from my position I am still looking for an opportunities to get sponsorship. So lets all be good spirits and hope for the best... and Please keep me informed. If any of you looking for Canada please let me know about the process...

RN in Hanson, Massachusetts

51 months ago

H1B is for season nurses,
1. The nurse must hold at least a Bachelors degree in nursing (e.g. BSN); AND
2. The position must normally require a Bachelors degree. MU has seen the most success in these scenarios:
A. The hospital is offering the nurse a position as a Clinical nurse specialist (CNS), Certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA), Certified nurse-midwife (CNM), or a Certified nurse practitioner (APRN-certified) Critical care and the nurse holds the certification;
B. If the nurse will be working in an Administrative position ordinarily associated with a Bachelors degree, such as Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager;
C. If the nurse will be working in one of these specialties: peri-operative, school health, occupational health, rehabilitation nursing, emergency room nursing, critical care, operating room, oncology and pediatrics. And the hospital will attest that these roles are only offered to those with Bachelors degrees. Some magnet hospitals have the BSN as its standards, and these make great destination hospitals for H-1 RNs.

Most states require a MSN to teach, with exception some experienced ( 5 years or more) and should be enrolled in a MSN program.

A hospital can sponsor you today BUT you have to wait until your petition date becomes current. You need to return to your home country. There is no short cuts. And it will be near impossible to find a sponsor since the wait is over 5 years.

Daysi in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

50 months ago

Hi, Please could you send the information you have about working as a nurse in Canada, I'm very interested. Do you know if someone who doesn't have an F1 status or visa can still apply for OPT?

Miki in Setagaya, Japan

49 months ago

I have heard about those situation for foreign nurse in the state. I have been thinking about to become a Nurse there, but it seems not a good idea for now? Visa is a big thing as foreigner....hhhhh. I hope you are well and good luck!! One day, I want to see you guys as a nurse in the state!! GOOD LUCK, ALL.

RN Canada in Richmond, British Columbia

49 months ago

Guys, BSN is a requirement in Canada to become licensed and to work. So if you're an ADN you cannot qualify. Also, Canada is suffering the same hiring freezes as the US due to the economic recession.

Experience is also a must, even local Canadian Nursing graduates are having a hard time looking for a job, because the few available ones require some amounts of RN Canadian experience.

It is ridiculous I know, but this is the current situation we are all facing right now. I suggest, you go back to your home countries and get some sort of experience and training or work your way to BSN. Then find a sponsor.

Jaihodesi in Alexandria, Virginia

49 months ago

Check healthcare (both nursing, doctor) jobs under "Healthcare, Nursing Jobs (US and International" at www.jaihodesi.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amahle in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

I am in the same situation as everyone here...graduated...and out of status...need help in getting around finding a JOB and a sponsor...I know there is an Angel of Mercy somewhere out there who can help...PLEASEEEEE we all need your help...folks keep the hope and faith going...

on an upside...i know people in the same predicament who have jobs but no sponsorships with the agencies, however, the loop hole is...they take a chunk out of your salary...so if you are willing to sacrifice for a period unknown and make some money, go for it...there are agencies offering jobs...I know three people in the same boat who have jobs but no sponsorship so there is a Glimps of HOPE...right now i have no choice but to do the same thing..."beggers can't be choosers"

Good luck to all of us...

at84 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Amahle in Bronx, New York said: I am in the same situation as everyone here...graduated...and out of status...need help in getting around finding a JOB and a sponsor...I know there is an Angel of Mercy somewhere out there who can help...PLEASEEEEE we all need your help...folks keep the hope and faith going...

on an upside...i know people in the same predicament who have jobs but no sponsorships with the agencies, however, the loop hole is...they take a chunk out of your salary...so if you are willing to sacrifice for a period unknown and make some money, go for it...there are agencies offering jobs...I know three people in the same boat who have jobs but no sponsorship so there is a Glimps of HOPE...right now i have no choice but to do the same thing..."beggers can't be choosers"

Good luck to all of us...

would you please tell me how exactly they are working I mean are the agencies aware of their situation can u pls email me at84s@yahoo.com thank you I had some questions, I really appreciate it

maryL in Alexandria, Virginia

48 months ago

yes amahle i would also love to know. Can you pls e-mail me at scorepheonix@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance :)

RN in Hanson, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Agencies can not offer visas and it is illegal to charge the fees stay away, any one who can not offer a valid web site is not legal.

RN in Houston in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

Hi every one, i am in the same situation like you. RN graduated in 2010 looking for sponsorship. I read the comment about the agency would you please e-mail me their contact info at mimichitu@gmail.com i am willing to work. thanks.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.