*Another* home care agency startup.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 64)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

SerenityHC in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

Hello everyone.

I have started a homecare agency in cleveland, ohio. It's been something I've wanted to do for many many years, and I finally have. But I'm having a few problems. The company has been launched, if you want to say that. I have 5 employees hired, I have a website, I have flyers, I have ads in the paper. But we just can't get any clients. I've heard alot of others complain about this problem, and I need to know how to over come it, and soon. If anyone could help, I'd be so grateful. My dream has come true, but now is seems to be falling apart. Some one, please help me. Thank you so so much.

Audrey,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RN in Modesto, California

62 months ago

SerenityHC,
Is this an actual Medicare licensed home care with nurses, PT,OT, home health aides? Or is it a in home assistance program that doesn't provide medical care?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

RN in Modesto, California said: SerenityHC,
Is this an actual Medicare licensed home care with nurses, PT,OT, home health aides? Or is it a in home assistance program that doesn't provide medical care?

Presently, we only provide non-medical care. All of our employees are STNA's (state tested nurses aides.) Eventually, we do plan to provide medical care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Okay, my suggestion is that you go and find your clientele. In other words, you are going to have to go to senior apartment complexes, senior mobile home parks and talk to the managers about your service and provide them with information. I think you should also contact the local hospitals and rehabs and speak with the discharge planners or case managers asking if they have anyone that might need your services. Ask if they would give your brochures to any of their patient who requires assistance. I would check with them each week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

How long have you been open?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

RN in Modesto, California said: Okay, my suggestion is that you go and find your clientele. In other words, you are going to have to go to senior apartment complexes, senior mobile home parks and talk to the managers about your service and provide them with information. I think you should also contact the local hospitals and rehabs and speak with the discharge planners or case managers asking if they have anyone that might need your services. Ask if they would give your brochures to any of their patient who requires assistance. I would check with them each week.

Thanks, those are great suggestions. Do you have anymore? Will we need to be certified to work with hospitals? And we've been open for about 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

You don't need to be certified to work with hospitals. There are many patients who need some sort of assistance at home. It is entirely up to the patient if they want to contact you, but the discharge planners or case managers are able to provide them with information.
Have you had any clients in the six months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Another suggestion might be to offer some sort of discount or initial drop in rates to your clients for signing on for a certain amount of time or hours. In this market you need to be competitive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

RN in Modesto, California said: Another suggestion might be to offer some sort of discount or initial drop in rates to your clients for signing on for a certain amount of time or hours. In this market you need to be competitive.

Yes, I have tried that. Our prices are significantly lower than they will be once the company is more well known.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

athome in Cleveland, Ohio

61 months ago

Starting a non-medical company here in Cleveland and would like to discuss this business as we both grow. Bounce ideas off each other and celebrate our success when it occurs. If interested, let me know and we can email or call each other.

HW in Cleveland, Ohio

61 months ago

athome in Cleveland, Ohio said: Starting a non-medical company here in Cleveland and would like to discuss this business as we both grow. Bounce ideas off each other and celebrate our success when it occurs. If interested, let me know and we can email or call each other.

I am a LPN in cleveland area looking to start a homecare agency. I am in the beginning phase and would like to share ideas/help each other as well. Let me know if this is something that is of interest to you. Hope to hear from you soon!

athome in Cleveland, Ohio

61 months ago

Hi HW! Yes, of course interested. If you have any ideas on how we can "talk" without getting spammed by email let me know. Here's to entrepreneurship!!

60 months ago

HW in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am a LPN in cleveland area looking to start a homecare agency. I am in the beginning phase and would like to share ideas/help each other as well. Let me know if this is something that is of interest to you. Hope to hear from you soon!

I know I'm responding late. But I'd love to share ideas. Let me know if your still interested. Thanks.

ortho rn in Hamilton, Ohio

58 months ago

I am also thinking of starting an agency here for the oxford, millville, ross, southern preble county area. Actually it is myself and my sister who is an LPN. I currently work on the ortho floor in a hospital and have 5 years experience in long term care also. I would appreciate any help any of you can offer. Thank you!

KIM in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

SerenityHC in Cleveland, Ohio said: I know I'm responding late. But I'd love to share ideas. Let me know if your still interested. Thanks.

HI MY NAME IS KIM AND IM IN THE BEGINING PHASE OF STARTING MY HOMECARE BUSINESS IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO. THAT CAN HELP ME ALONG THE WAY ILL APRECIATED I HAVE'NT GOT ANY CLIENTS AS OF YET.

manxx in Huntsville, Texas

56 months ago

Call blue cross blue sheild and medicare/medicade and ask for an application. On the application it will ask for certain numbers. you will have to go the various agencies and get these numbers but they are provider numbers and allow for a foundation to the next number needed until you are able to bill for services. Understand that nurses are not able to "provide" for services like doctors, but they can own a company which can bill for services. Also, you may need to get a DUNS number which takes about 10 minutes. I don't have the 800 phone number but look on line and you should find it under the listing of "DUNS."
GOD be with you in your endevors..

kela in Gulfport, Mississippi

55 months ago

I am a LPN and I am interested in opening a homecare agency.I would like some information on how to bill medicare and medicaid for homecare services. Who should I contact for this information?

Tracy in Grand Prairie, Texas

54 months ago

I'm an LVN in grand prairie tx and am also looking to start a homecare agency. Please if anyone knows what is the most financially safe and economic way to star this business pls let me know. God bless u all....

HW in Cleveland, Ohio

48 months ago

SerenityHC in Cleveland, Ohio said: I know I'm responding late. But I'd love to share ideas. Let me know if your still interested. Thanks.

I know I am replying late. I will still like to share ideas with each other and see what progress each has made towards our goals. Again I apologize for the late reply.

HW in Cleveland, Ohio

48 months ago

athome in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hi HW! Yes, of course interested. If you have any ideas on how we can "talk" without getting spammed by email let me know. Here's to entrepreneurship!!

I know I am replying late. I will still like to share ideas with each other and see what progress each has made towards our goals. Again I apologize for the late reply.

HW in Cleveland, Ohio

48 months ago

Hi all, I have been away for quite some time. For those who have replied to me as far as wanting to share ideas and help one another suceed with their goals of entrepreneurship/homecare. Please contact me. I look forward to hearing of all's progress so far.

:-)

Shirley ELLISON in BRENTWOOD, New York

32 months ago

Hi, I own a non-medical home care companion agency in Long Island NY.I am looking for someone that have marking experience or someone who have experience working in home care agency and know how to gets clients,this person will earn a percentage of the clients they produce,If interested please email me at ellisonhcc@hotmail.com.

Donna in Powell, Ohio

28 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am new to cleveland area. I am trying to be a private non agency provider. Can anyone give me info to do this?
Donna

mamatick in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

28 months ago

Hi. am in looking forward to open a non-medical homecare in MD (Baltimore County). Will appreiciate it very much if anyone in the business will please help me with the guildeline. How to start.Thanx.

ElderlyCare in Columbia, South Carolina

27 months ago

Hello all! I'm also looking to start a Non-Medical home care agency this year and would love to chit chat and bounce ideas around. I think this could potentially be great for us all to link up and help each other out. I'm located in SC. Please let me know if you're interesed!

Kevin Stein in Sturgis, Michigan

24 months ago

Every state has their different requirements for licensing a new home care agency. Starting an agency is simple, however, not necessarily easy depending on what you're resources are and in some part, your strengths are as an individual.

We have each state's requirements and the department contacts along with lots of other Free articles to help you start and grow you home care agency, all posted on our website/blog. There's also tools, business forms and more. I'm sure you'll find it very helpful in starting your home care agencies. <a href="www.homecarehowto.com/">ww.HomeCareHowTo.com</a>. In full disclosure, you're not required to buy anything to access alot of the help and we do offer a book and memberships if you like what you find there.

shirleycj in East Islip, New York

24 months ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for a marketing salesperson for my home care agency, someone with experience, I can be reach at ellisonhcc@hotmail.com ask for Shirley

Genova in Carrollton, Texas

19 months ago

Tracy in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I'm an LVN in grand prairie tx and am also looking to start a homecare agency. Please if anyone knows what is the most financially safe and economic way to star this business pls let me know. God bless u all....

hi tracy did u ever get your hhc agency started? email me clarissiajones@yahoo.com..im in dallas

Chris in Springfield, Virginia

12 months ago

Hello all,I am not a consultant that represent an agency nor a business owner. I am currently an operations manager of a home health agency that has 3 locations in the East Coast area. I have been in the home health care services for 11 years (I am 31 years old) and has some pretty good idea how to start, run and maintain your home health business.

I can help those of you who have questions, guidance and such. From getting your Tax ID, business and state license, medicare license and if you want to push through with accreditation (i.e., JCAHO) then I can help you with that as well. Again, I am not a consulting company. So, I will NOT ask you for boat loads of cash. What I offer is help for those who need them. If interested, just hit reply here. Thanks and God speed to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jettie johnson in Indianapolis, Indiana

12 months ago

Hello Chris in Springfield, Virginia. I am interested in your services. I am liceneed by my state for non medical home care. I need help obtaining clients and I too hope to grow into a medical home health service. Please email me at
angel2assist@hushmail.com

Thank you
Jettie Johnson

12 months ago

To anyone starting a gome care agency, I am interested in starting a group that will help us all with tips, ideas and possible mentors. Please email ne if you are interested at

12 months ago

Jettie johnson in Indianapolis, Indiana"]To anyone starting a home care agency, I am interested in starting a group that will help us all with tips, ideas and possible mentors. Please email ne if you are interested at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Enchanted Assisted Living in Cleveland, Ohio

11 months ago

SerenityHC in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hello everyone.

I have started a homecare agency in cleveland, ohio. It's been something I've wanted to do for many many years, and I finally have. But I'm having a few problems. The company has been launched, if you want to say that. I have 5 employees hired, I have a website, I have flyers, I have ads in the paper. But we just can't get any clients. I've heard alot of others complain about this problem, and I need to know how to over come it, and soon. If anyone could help, I'd be so grateful. My dream has come true, but now is seems to be falling apart. Some one, please help me. Thank you so so much.

Audrey,

Hello me & my best friend are having the same problems we have everything from the flyers , ads , business isurance i was wondering if you can give us some pointer for getting clients email enchanted_assistedliving@ymail.com

Enchanted Assisted Living in Cleveland, Ohio

11 months ago

Chris in Springfield, Virginia said: Hello all,I am not a consultant that represent an agency nor a business owner. I am currently an operations manager of a home health agency that has 3 locations in the East Coast area. I have been in the home health care services for 11 years (I am 31 years old) and has some pretty good idea how to start, run and maintain your home health business.

I can help those of you who have questions, guidance and such. From getting your Tax ID, business and state license, medicare license and if you want to push through with accreditation (i.e., JCAHO) then I can help you with that as well. Again, I am not a consulting company. So, I will NOT ask you for boat loads of cash. What I offer is help for those who need them. If interested, just hit reply here. Thanks and God speed to all.

i really need your advice can you contact me at your earliest thank you..

Chris in Washington, District of Columbia

11 months ago

Enchanted Assisted Living in Cleveland, Ohio said: i really need your advice can you contact me at your earliest thank you..

You can have all the brochures and flyers but if you dont know how to market your business, you won't get a single client. Every move you and your team will make is marketing, you will be suprised at little details that can go a long way and that can guarantee you maximum return.

Email me at christide95@gmail.com and we can talk.

Tracey in Homestead, Florida

10 months ago

Chris in Springfield, Virginia said: Hello all,I am not a consultant that represent an agency nor a business owner. I am currently an operations manager of a home health agency that has 3 locations in the East Coast area. I have been in the home health care services for 11 years (I am 31 years old) and has some pretty good idea how to start, run and maintain your home health business.

Hi Chris,
I need your help as well in obtaining clients. My email is loveandlifehhc@gmail.com

bills8091 in Orem, Utah

10 months ago

I have a friend that went to work with <a href="www.care2000healthservices.com">home care in Toronto</a> and says that he loves it up there. He really likes the atmosphere of helping other people and seems to enjoy the company he is with.

partisan17 in Arlington Heights, Illinois

9 months ago

I started my company few years ago. Looking to start another company in San Francisco. If anybody is interested PM me.

Global4545@aol.com in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

8 months ago

What is your hourly rate you are charging your clients? I would also be curious as to what you are paying your caregivers for non medical home care? Thanks in advance I'm thinking of starting a non medical home care business as well. Thank you.

_PHL_HHA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Hi Chris, I am in the process of starting a non-medical home care agency. Any assistance will be truly appreciated! You can reach me at pulimah@gmail.com. Thank you!

HP in Irving, Texas

8 months ago

partisan17 in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: I started my company few years ago. Looking to start another company in San Francisco. If anybody is interested PM me.

Reach me out. Want to start something in California. pathiren@gmail.com

HP in Irving, Texas

8 months ago

Will like to talk to you. Please reach me at pathiren@gmail.com / Targetting California for the start.

Chris in Fairfax, Virginia

8 months ago

_PHL_HHA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Chris, I am in the process of starting a non-medical home care agency. Any assistance will be truly appreciated! You can reach me at pulimah@gmail.com. Thank you!

Email sent. Thanks!

8 months ago

_PHL_HHA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Chris, I am in the process of starting a non-medical home care agency. Any assistance will be truly appreciated! You can reach me at pulimah@gmail.com. Thank you!

Hello,

My email bounced back to me. Not sure if you listed the correct email, anyways, you can always email me at christide95@gmail.com. Thanks.

8 months ago

HP in Irving, Texas said: Will like to talk to you. Please reach me at pathiren@gmail.com / Targetting California for the start.

Email sent. Thanks!

monique in Cleveland, Ohio

6 months ago

I am ready to start my own home health care agency, I would like to have STNA, HHA, RN/LPN, PT/OT and Social workers that may be too much to start but I need to start. Can you point me in the right direction

monique in Cleveland, Ohio

6 months ago

monique in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am ready to start my own home health care agency, I would like to have STNA, HHA, RN/LPN, PT/OT and Social workers that may be too much to start but I need to start. Can you point me in the right direction

My email is moniern1269@att.net I have worked as an RN in Home health since 2007 and certified in Hospice, It is a goal of mine to start my own agency.

may87 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

Please how do I get PT/OT/ST on ground?how do I get my clients?I have all license and certification put I am not sure about the JCAHO. Pease how do I go about this?

6 months ago

partisan17 in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: I started my company few years ago. Looking to start another company in San Francisco. If anybody is interested PM me.

Please can you tell me the process of cleint client expecially for home health OT/PT/ST. what software will you recommend for my billing or for the complete run of the business?how do I get private people to pay instead of medicare alone?

6 months ago

Chris in Washington, District of Columbia said: You can have all the brochures and flyers but if you dont know how to market your business , you won't get a single client. Every move you and your team will make is marketing, you will be suprised at little details that can go a long way and that can guarantee you maximum return.

Email me at christide95@gmail.com and we can talk.

Ok. I will email you but you can also reach on jummy_jay87@yahoo.com. I live in DC. I ahve maryland and dc license for homehealth and CNA. But I am having difficulty getting clients. Please I need your help. Thank you.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.