Can a dismissed misdemeanor get me denied from a Maryland RN license??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

JennyK in Severna Park, Maryland

21 months ago

Hello all. I am currently a nursing student in MD working towards my degree in nursing. When I was doing my undergrad in VA I got 2 misdemeanor charges brought against me one is a class 4 public intoxication and a class 1 possession of alcohol. I got the second charge because I was under 21 at the time. When I went to court I was told that if I completed this program it would be taken off my record. I did my community service and paid my fines and everything went fine. Now when I look it up on VA's online court system the final disposition says it was dismissed. I understand the board of nursing will be able to see this and perhaps even the police reports. I just wanted to know if anyone has applied for a maryland nursing license with something like this on their record and if they have been denied or had complications. Or if anyone can shed some "legal light" on my situation. I just dont want to get all my schooling and clinicals done and then be denied a RN license. Any help or experience is much appreciated! Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.