Global Health Nurse Training Services

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 336)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Sherri in Germantown, Maryland

74 months ago

Has anyone heard of this school? Its in Alexandria, VA. Im thinking of going there for the LPN program. I want some feedback from the public since its a new school. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

vanessa in Bowie, Maryland

73 months ago

I have couple of friends graduate the RN program,this is a good school i was supposed to start in sept the RN program but i have some emergency ,hopefully will start soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sherri in Germantown, Maryland

73 months ago

Vanessa,
If you dont mind can you have your friends contact me? I have some questions re: this school. My e-mail is sschili@comcast.net

Thank you.
Sherri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susanna in Streetsboro, Ohio

68 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the LPN program. The school it self doesn't look impresseve. They really do have first rate teachers that are MD/PHDs. They have very high standards, many people can't make the grades to pass. I would only recommend this school for good students because a lot of people can't keep up with the science and end up dropping out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lissa in Charlottesville, Virginia

67 months ago

Sherri in Germantown, Maryland said: Has anyone heard of this school? Its in Alexandria, VA. Im thinking of going there for the LPN program. I want some feedback from the public since its a new school. Thanks.

I was just wondering how the school is. I am enrolled for the May class. Also how is the homework load, I will be working so wondering if thats going to be difficult to do while in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Does anyone have any current info on the LPN program? I will be starting in May and want to know what tha classes are like. Also how is the homework load. I will be working part time and want to know if thats going to be difficult during school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nightmare in Alexandria, Virginia

67 months ago

This school is a nightmare. They cheat you out of your money if you are kicked or drop. They overload you with homework. It's almost impossible to pass some of these courses considering how intensive they are. If you get sick or miss any time they kick you out. Some parts are great the education is ok.. there are major deficits in the nursing program. The owner Marie is a antisocial nightmare to deal with and she is obnoxious. People there lie to you regarding your aid and will say anything to get your money. Look elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sherri in Berwyn, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

I agree. I had the same experience. DO NOT GO THERE!! The owner is a jerk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Lissa in Charlottesville, Virginia said: Does anyone have any current info on the LPN program? I will be starting in May and want to know what tha classes are like. Also how is the homework load. I will be working part time and want to know if thats going to be difficult during school?

That school is terrible. If you want more details, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Yes, please tell me why thats school is bad. Did you go there, complete the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Nightmare in Alexandria, Virginia said: This school is a nightmare. They cheat you out of your money if you are kicked or drop. They overload you with homework. It's almost impossible to pass some of these courses considering how intensive they are. If you get sick or miss any time they kick you out. Some parts are great the education is ok.. there are major deficits in the nursing program. The owner Marie is a antisocial nightmare to deal with and she is obnoxious. People there lie to you regarding your aid and will say anything to get your money. Look elsewhere.

What other schools should I look into? I just moves here from WA state I dont know where any schools are. I would rather go to a vocational school vs. a community college. Please help!! I dont want to go to a bad school..

66 months ago

Anon in Alexandria, Virginia said: The program is excellent. No glitz and glamor but everything you need is there. It really depends on how you choose to do your studying. You can just learn the basics and probably pass (You're required to get an 80 at least in every class, which is NOT easy), or you can take it upon yourself to really learn the material and they will definitely facilitate it.

Did you complete this program? I am getting mixed reviews about this school and I am starting may 25. How is the homework load?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Another thought....most of the time credits earned in a vocational school do not transfer. Example...If you complete an LPN program at a voc school & later decide you want to become an RN youll have to start all over.

fallon in Baltimore, Maryland

66 months ago

I am considering this school as well, if you have any information let me know, I am trying to make an informed decision. After going to the orientation, it seems as if they are attempting to make alot of changes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Like what kind of changes? I didnt go to the orientation but still kinda considering going to the school. What are your thoughts and how was the orientation? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fallon in Washington, District of Columbia

66 months ago

Well now they are allowing everyone to take anatomy and physiology and pharmacology before officially being admitted to the actual program. So this way you are sure the program is right for you before committing to such a huge cost and commitment!

rose in Crofton, Maryland

66 months ago

do not go to this school. they have a habit of taking your money and try to overload youwith classes so that you can fail. the pass mark including nursing classes is 80 and believe me it is very difficult. they make things impossible so all you are doing is going in circles. there is only only good professor there. he teaches the pharmacology class and would make you enjoy the class more than anything.The owner is a complete jerk who is out to make money and just does not have feelings at all. No sympathy whatsoever. There is a huge difference between being strict and being just plain mean. she is mean and frustrated and thinks everyone should be just like her. Be NICE TO PEOPLE MARIE,WE PAY YOUR FREAKING BILLS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I agree with you 100%. I had a similar experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Wow!! I am really glad I decided not to go to this school. I was so close. Have you heard anything about Ultimate health school in falls church? Thats where I'm going to look next...:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mannurse in Ashburn, Virginia

65 months ago

Lissa in Charlottesville, Virginia said: Wow!! I am really glad I decided not to go to this school. I was so close. Have you heard anything about Ultimate health school in falls church? Thats where I'm going to look next...:)

Lissa ,

Have you herd of anything in regards to ulitmate health school that is where I am looking too. Let me know if you got any responses. Here is my email justanotherday20@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stealer in Arlington, Virginia

65 months ago

The owner is stealer and lier. She doesn't provide the appropraiate hrs of education, she mixes lPn's and RNS when she teaches her classes. The nursing program that the owner teaches/ inovlves is totally a mess. I don't recommned this school.More than 50% students fail the nursing program.Repraisal is common , but scattered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I finally visited ultimate health school in falls church the other day. I walked through the door and walked right back out. I may have over reacted but the place just looks way to sketchy. It was a major let down because I was pretty much set on that school before I visited it. DOES anyone have any real information about this school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lissa in Fairfax, Virginia

65 months ago

mannurse in Ashburn, Virginia said: I finally visited ultimate health school in falls church the other day. I walked through the door and walked right back out. I may have over reacted but the place just looks way to sketchy. It was a major let down because I was pretty much set on that school before I visited it. DOES anyone have any real information about this school.

What didnt you like about the school??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

It just didn't sit right with me.They did not want to divulge information in regards to their pass success rates for the "NCLEX" which I found my on my own right on the VA board of nursing. It was only 65% and they stopped reporting after 2005. The fact that while walking up the stairs to the second level where their offices was located the landing had trash scattered all over it and the carpets were filthy. I know it may not correlate, but it just did not leave me with my first impression of their establishment as being professional. I didn't even get to the point of asking them but if the is the facilities they use to teach I just don't see it being and area conducive to learning. The main thing is finding the 65% rating on their NCLEX pass rate. The fact that they are also starting new classes on June 22 for their CNA programs and yet they have not updated their website to reflect the corresponding class dates. I don't know maybe I am being super picky but definitely just seems like a sketchy place from the get go. I have decided the best route for a fast action plan will be to go through a diploma program directly linked to a hospital. My mother is a registered nurse and she agrees if their failure rate is so high with NCLEX then there has to be something clearly wrong with their teaching ability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Sorry about the grammar flubs there did this on a blackberry

65 months ago

Stealer in Arlington, Virginia said: The owner is stealer and lier. She doesn't provide the appropraiate hrs of education, she mixes lPn's and RNS when she teaches her classes. The nursing program that the owner teaches/ inovlves is totally a mess. I don't recommned this school.More than 50% students fail the nursing program.Repraisal is common , but scattered.

are you refering to ultimate health school or to global nursing? just curious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lissa in Leesburg, Virginia

65 months ago

Hey I was wondering if you found a different school yet???

65 months ago

I am going to go to Standard Health Care INC in Falls Church in order to receive my CNA. As far as an actual Nursing Program I am going to attempt going to Sentara run through a hospital in Norfolk, or Riverside School of Nursing. I do not believe these programs offered through "Global, Ultimate, MCI ect" are very good programs in general if you go to the VA Board of nursing along the left column it has Education if you click on that it brings up a list. At the bottom of the page you can see the pass rate for the "NCLEX" Ultimate Health School is one of the worst pass rates for these programs its for one year less than 38% that is horrible. The best pass rate I could find for these programs belongs to "Standard Health Care Inc" in Falls Church they had a pass rate of 50% some years but a pass rate of up to 80% other years. Sentara has a 100% pass right for several years avg pass rate of about 90%. If you can't pass your "NCLEX" you can't be a nurse. And I don't care how great of a reader you are you are not going to get all the information you need from a book you have to have good instructors for this stuff. SO... In my personal opinion I am going to stay away from these types of schools. The best schools i found aside from attending an actual college was the Diploma Programs they are generally run right from a hospital and from the nursing industry are generally looked at as great programs. I have not made a final decision on which one I will attempt to get into Sentara looks the best. I know its frustrating if you find any other programs keep us all posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fallon

64 months ago

I am currently attending and I am already getting a bad feeling about Global Health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fallon in Hackensack, New Jersey

62 months ago

Lauren, you are so right about her negative attitude towards attractive females, I witnessed her in action. My bullcrap meter was definitely on high after speaking with her and Terrence. What happened to Gina? Did she fire her too?

auggie35001 in Newark, New Jersey

62 months ago

Sherri in Germantown, Maryland said: Has anyone heard of this school? Its in Alexandria, VA. Im thinking of going there for the LPN program. I want some feedback from the public since its a new school. Thanks.

I graduated from GHNTS this may of 2009. I am Rn now. The school is an excellent school. As for Marie, she has very high standards and she should because these are people lives that you are dealing with. I do admit she may go about things wrong but you have to realize that you didnt got to school for her but yourself. If you keep you eyes on the prizes you be good. People get to focus on the Director and let that be there downfall. If know one realize shes already a Rn better yet a Nurse practitioner. She got hers! If you want to be a RN then study hard. Most of the people who talk bad about her are the ones who dont do good in the school. They want an easy route. How do you get mad if she ask you to pay money for school thats common sense and it shouldnt be something she should hassle u about. I would recommended this school to anyone who sets high standard for themselves and know what they want out of the school. Every school has their flaws. So if you motivated about being a RN and not into cattiness then definitely go to Global. The education is superb!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

girl nurse to be in Alexandria, Virginia

62 months ago

I have visited Global Health. The school is relatively new and I can see that they do have very high standards, but I think that may be what I need. The one thing that I do realize is that most of us didnt make it in a four year institute or traditional setting and that is why we are looking into schools of this nature. I think met Ms. Kargbo and there were no frills about her, but she did state that if I were to complete the program I would definitly know more then most of these other students coming from other schools. And after speaking with Mr. Terrence and some of the other students if I can maintain the financial load, I think I will give it a try. The staff seems to be very nice especially Mr. Terrence if you can catch him. When I was there I saw a graduate who had stoped by and I overheard her say the amount of money she was making and then when I walked outside I saw her getting into a new Mercedes. They must be doing something right. I will keep you updated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Definitely Global is a great school. Every single one of us who just took the board stopped at 75.For our class, she has a passing rate of a 100% and the class before it was 100%.As for the one, who says her nclex rate is 65%. it hasnt been updated on the VA board of nursing. Plus, this is when the school first open so what do you expect. She learned from her mistake and thats why the class before has 100% passing rate and now our class. So what does that you tell you. Obviously, shes doing something right. The amount of information that you gain from Mrs. Marie and Dr. Tako cant nobody tell you nothing. As for Lauren, thats real unprofessional and spiteful to talk trash about your former employer! If you didnt like her thats your opinion, but being spiteful by having people email you so you can encourage them not to go to school is mad wack and lame as hell. Beside, what the hell do you know you weren't a student you didnt go through what we went through. Everybody has different experiences. Trust me there nursing school even BSN where they dont even teach near as half as she does. The people who talk about her again are the one who are not doing well in the school. Since the time I ve been there i have not had any issue with her or any of the staff. The staff is very cool especially Kim If you stopped trying to look for the bad in them, you'll know they are real cool people. Most nurses who are serious about their profession are quick to weed ones who dont believe fit to be a nurse. And its only understandable. Her personal life is her business. So again if you want to come out on the floor with experienced nurse and say you understand whats going on. Then definitely go to Global. Also, her LPN program is the ONLY one that is NLN accredited. The RN program has to go through a process like every other programs BSN as well. And with her nclex rates she will definitely become accredited. Good luck to every decided to go. Make the best out of it and dont sweat the hyp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

flame82297 in Elkridge, Maryland

61 months ago

i'm interested in attending GHNTS. my disappointment came when i learned that they have financial support for the rn program. this includes financial aid and loan programs. for those of you that have graduated or are in the rn program, please inform me on how you were able to pay for the program.

61 months ago

Okay... so i would definitely steer clear of "Standard Health Care"... I finished my CNA training there I passed with 100% HOWEVER it had nothing to do with this school. It had to do with the fact that I was already a cna but allowed my certification to expire, due to the fact that I also work for the federal government and was just recently deciding to make a career change back into the nursing field. So I went to Standard in order to complete the cna program and work as a cna in oder to go back to NURSING School. Which I was contemplating doing at Standard. But, I will not be doing that because while attending this school, I realized these people are so uneducated themselves how can they possibly be teaching others life saving skills. Even the instructors teaching the CNA classes were 1/2 wrong 1/2 the time about the materials they were teaching. I ignored the entire class and passed the class off from memory of my previous more professional training. While attending the cna classes I could observe the nursing students of the LPN program there. They were all doing horrible. The instructors barely speak English, and I am sorry I don't care what country you come from or what your heritage is "its welcome". Diversity is grand but, know English your in the United States English is our first language here. No matter how much you want to argue it. Aside from that, the class room facilities were just trashy, broken teaching tools, everything looked like it was bought at a thrift shop. I did some leg work as well, if you take any of these nursing programs including "Global, Ultimate, or Standard" they are not considered college credible. So, if you want to have a true BSN and go any further such as your master etc, you will not be considered having completed your prerequisites. I am not making this up and some will argue about it, but I did due diligence I went to George Mason University and actually sat with an adviser there was given this information.

61 months ago

had to do a second blog ran out of space as i was saying, I also sat with advisers at the following schools George Washington,University Of Saint Mary, while visiting family in Michigan I sat with adviser at CMU, UM, and MSU, it became completely clear colleges do not recognize these programs. HOWEVER ! that does not or should not completely stop you from going to them. If all your content with is going to become an LPN some cant get whats considered "Associate Registered Nurse" license which is still not equal to a BSN then fine attend one of these colleges. But, check the NCLEX pass rates first most of them have Horrible pass rates. Especially in the state of Virginia. NOW....if your will to attend a similar type of school in Maryland, on average from what I contended after the comparison of about 20 schools between Maryland and Virginia the average pass rate of NCLEX in Maryland is approximately 88% compared to an average of about 70% in the state of Virginia. Trust me I did my home work as you must as well so you do whats right for you. I have decided I will go to a normal University I am not wasting anytime with these publisher clearing house type schools. They seem to be overly generic. oh and for the colleges there is one college in WV you might get into however most state boards of nursing DO NOT recognize them as an ACCREDITED college of nursing therefore, you most likely will not work any higher than an LPN. So again its all up to the individual I am only sharing my experience with you folks, I wish you all the best of luck on your educational endeavors!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

It is true, but my best suggestion for you is to take your preqs at an accredited college. Schools have to accepted your nursing credit by it is state approved. The preqs they will not. I got a bachelors already, so i took all of my preqs at my school, so i didnt have that issue.

relocating to Virginia in West Palm Beach, Florida

58 months ago

I have read so much about Global...but don't know what to do. I am looking for a LPN school, I believe I will be living in the woodbridge area or alexandria.....Need direction

Sherri in Malvern, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Do NOT do it!!!! The owner is a complete money hungry jerk!!!

lissa in Leesburg, Virginia

58 months ago

Ultimate Health School in Falls church! I have been attending the LPN program since August 2009 and I am very happy there. I was a little on edge at first because of the building but never judge a book by its cover has alot to be said about this school. I love my teachers and I am learning so much. If you have any more questions about this school I would be happy to answer...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

worried and wondering in Baltimore, Maryland

57 months ago

Nightmare in Alexandria, Virginia said: This school is a nightmare. They cheat you out of your money if you are kicked or drop. They overload you with homework. It's almost impossible to pass some of these courses considering how intensive they are. If you get sick or miss any time they kick you out. Some parts are great the education is ok.. there are major deficits in the nursing program. The owner Marie is a antisocial nightmare to deal with and she is obnoxious. People there lie to you regarding your aid and will say anything to get your money. Look elsewhere.

Your comment was really help me. I was forced to leave one other lpn program because it was to fast paced and all they seemed to care about was the money also. Of course they should expect to be paid however educating their students should have been of some type of importantance. I want to be an lpn that knows what she's doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Sherri in Berwyn, Pennsylvania said: That school is terrible. If you want more details, let me know.

Please give me details. I was thinking of enrolling in the May class. You can email me at bmoredr@hotmail.com

Vicky in Centreville, Virginia

57 months ago

Danyiel in Washington, District of Columbia said: I will be attending in January, 2009

Hello,
Im thinking about attending the evening LPN class next month. How do you like it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Fallon in Washington, District of Columbia said: Well now they are allowing everyone to take anatomy and physiology and pharmacology before officially being admitted to the actual program. So this way you are sure the program is right for you before committing to such a huge cost and commitment!

Hello Fallon,

Im suppose to start next month for the evening class. how are you doing in your classes?

Fallon

57 months ago

I do not attend Global Health anymore, I left after a month. Attend at your own risk!

57 months ago

Fallon said: I do not attend Global Health anymore, I left after a month. Attend at your own risk!

hello what happened? please email me allenfam2240@aol.com

Thanks

flame82297 in Elkridge, Maryland

57 months ago

i previously posted about starting the RN program @ GHNTS. I didn't attend because they dont have any type of financial support. If they had, I still would've attended. it may seem like they're money hungry because you're making monthly payments. but, they're providing you a service. same as if you miss your car payment, your car gets taken.
my mother did start the LPN program and withdrew. The program just wasnt for her. they claim the first 3 classes are free. but after she withdrew they asked her to fax back a form that stated, 'since she withdrew 1/25 she is responsible for paying for the classes'. whatever that means, go figure. she did not send the form back.

57 months ago

not yet...

brambleton in Chantilly, Virginia

57 months ago

I live in the area and have never heard of Global. With the plethora of excellent schools in this area, why choose Global? I started nursing school at Marymount and transferred to GMU. Now, I'm an RN at GW and go to grad school there too. There are world-renowned schools here, like Georgetown, George Washington and Hopkins. Why choose Global? Furthermore, it is very difficult to get an LPN position unless you choose LTCs and Rehab. I have heard of a good LPN school out in Leesburg, Virginia which is really inexpensive too--I don't recall the name though, but I think it's a part of a high school and offers night classes for adults.

Stella Bella in Hammonton, New Jersey

57 months ago

Has anyone completed the RN program at Global and been able to get a job? Is the RN program Accredited?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.