Nursing Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia

49 months ago

Lynda Barone, RN in Westbrook, Connecticut said: Do you know any one that is willing to hire a mature Nurse with 40 years of experience in hospital, home care, and office settings. I now am working in an office for the past 6 years and I am unhappy with the standards of this practice, employment-wise and patient care-wise. I want to move on, but am finding that, (dispite the "no age discrimination law") I am having trouble being hired in a new office based setting.
Any comments?

Unfortunately, no one. I am so sad to tell you this and it breaks my heart to see another person in similar shoes. Our country prefers to hire foreign nurses. Why? They will work for beans, much less than you (even though you have a lot of experience) and with the economy is shambles, I guarantee employers are being pickier than ever. If they are kind enough to hire an American citizen, you can bet they want someone young, dumb, desperate, and naive. You're a threat to them. You should be viewed as an asset, but in a time where our country is being overcome by corruption, your experience makes you a lethal threat. You know the ropes of this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.