Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical nurse salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

meisha jones in Sherman, Texas

81 months ago

what do u have to do to become a nurse how much do yall pay a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

priggs in Boise, Idaho

67 months ago

Tys Nana in Edmond, Oklahoma said: I was in the nursing profession for 34 yrs and most of it as a case manager... Totally burned out!
Made a career change and am a Provider Rep for Ameriplan. Love it and am still involved with Docs and helping people at the same time...
Hats off to all the Nurses out there that are still working their self to death...
Patty.our[erfectbusiness.com

I have been a nurse for 15 years and could not agree more. How do I find a job like you have?
Any help would be appreciated.
You can email me @ pamriggs@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia

43 months ago

Host said: What are typical nurse salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Typical nurse salaries? Well, about 85% of nurses cannot even find a means of employment right now, but if they ARE hired, it is generally $35,000-$55,000, with 55k being more like what metro cities pay.

No, there really aren't any employers that pay more, in the nursing field. That's not what nursing is about. Nursing is about the employers exploiting the nurses for as much labor as possible.

A top earner in this field can make up to $100,000/year--but I have only known ONE person that makes near that and she works 60 hours a week with very stressful cases. Sorry, but that's not worth my sanity..and mind you, most nurses that work the same amount of hours and put up with just as much nonsense do NOT really make that..she was with one of those rare "good" companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshgunner99 in gator's creek, Georgia

16 months ago

$100,000 / 2 = $50,000 after taxes
I think that would put you in 50% bracket.
I get 30% taxes and I don't even make that much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.