Cosmetic Training Program Worth it?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

victoria in New York, New York

28 months ago

I'm debating if I should take a course with Cosmetic Medical Training to learn to inject botox and dermal fillers. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it worth the money?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Rockville, Maryland

27 months ago

I've been trying to research this myself. Those 2-day and 1 week courses are so expensive, and I would imagine, if one doesn't obtain a job right away, they will lose whatever skill they may have learned. I did read some other posts and school reviews where exactly that happened, although some said they did get a job, but that was when reviewing a particular school, so it could have been a fake positive review. I also read a lot of negative reviews about how little actual hands-on practice you get. I was thinking about doing the esthetician thing just to get my foot in the door for salon/skin experience, and then help a business grow, but even the esthy programs are around $10,000, and for the state I'm moving to(TX) takes 5 months full-time and 10 months part-time...ugh! More school! And the schools get horrible reviews, almost all warn you to stay far away!! Hopefully someone will a good experience will respond!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NurseJackie in Detroit, Michigan

14 days ago

Hi, all -

I was able to break into the medical aesthetics field after a 15-year absence from nursing (had my own businesses)- w/o going through the worthless certification process. In fact, it is pretty easy if you change your approach. I offer a CD as well as consultations on the process.

Wishing you success,

Jackie, RN

info@ceusforyou.com or afceducation48123@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.