nursing assistant being used and abused

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Jettsie in Silver Spring, Maryland

74 months ago

nursing assistants are the slaves that make many people become rich. They are used, and are paid next to nothing. They are paid as if they can't read and write. Might as well they get a good trade and become self employed. It's a shame!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Saint Petersburg, Florida

62 months ago

I agree with you all that you are under paid and over worked. But we all are regardless of our title. I am a administrator for a nursing home in Saint Petersburg, FL and I see that several of my staff members are over worked and there is nothing that I can do about it.

I have to disagree with you about your DON and higher management sitting on their ass and expect the CNAs to do everything. If you don't think that your DON does anything but sit all day and do nothing, ask her/him if you can shadow her/him for one day. You will see that they are non stop just like you; it is just different stuff that they are required to do on a daily basis.

My DON must complete reports, audits, assist the nurses, educate staff, do facility rounds with me, deal with families, physicians, residents, staff and upper management. DONs do not have an easy job, they work just as hard as CNAs. I can say this because before becoming an administrator I was a CNA for 16 years.

The key to solving problems is communication, get together and create a committee where you can come up with ideas and solutions to your problems. Stop stirring the pot and do something about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

CNA certification = worthless in Saint Charles, Minnesota

58 months ago

There needs to be a strike. Nursing aids need to pull together. Throughout the nation. We need to show the places we work for what it is like to not have our help. Then maybe we will get the pay we deserve for doing a job that no one else wants to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CNA certification = worthless in Saint Charles, Minnesota

58 months ago

Sorry to say but there is a big difference between dealing with patients 1x1 mentally and physically. I'm not saying that a DON or anyone else in the medical organization doesn't work hard. I am simply stating that Physical, literally back breaking work and mentally stressful work is harder than that of others. Why do you think there is such a turn over rate with CNA's? I don't see DONS quitting left and right. Dons know damn well what they are getting themselves into. CNA's make just as much as a walmart employee stocking shelves in some areas. How pathetic is that? Is a certification even worth it after that? Is it worth doing the dirtiest job for that pay? Working at a human compost center. Working with people, human beings, way more personal than any other. CNA's are the closest legal form of prostitutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

theresa

57 months ago

Brenda in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I agree with you all that you are under paid and over worked. But we all are regardless of our title. I am a administrator for a nursing home in Saint Petersburg, FL and I see that several of my staff members are over worked and there is nothing that I can do about it.

I have to disagree with you about your DON and higher management sitting on their ass and expect the CNAs to do everything. If you don't think that your DON does anything but sit all day and do nothing, ask her/him if you can shadow her/him for one day. You will see that they are non stop just like you; it is just different stuff that they are required to do on a daily basis.

My DON must complete reports, audits, assist the nurses, educate staff, do facility rounds with me, deal with families, physicians, residents, staff and upper management. DONs do not have an easy job, they work just as hard as CNAs. I can say this because before becoming an administrator I was a CNA for 16 years.

The key to solving problems is communication, get together and create a committee where you can come up with ideas and solutions to your problems. Stop stirring the pot and do something about it.

also some cna are being abused by the patient.I have been doing this job for more than 30 years.One day we will all be here needed some one to take care of us things sure have changed over the years for the worst I must say.
I have worked with some fine cna's,nurse's and doctors and let us not for get patients or residents. I have helped my nurses and learned from them as well, encluding my DRN, it's been a pleasure.I would of loved to have worked with you Brenda Saint!
I had a resident who was ringing the call bell I went to answer it he was not my resident, when I enter the room he said where the f*** have you been I explain to him that his aide is with someone and canIhepl him he wanted me to rub lotion on his arm and he had arouse (if you know whatI mean)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cna1 in Austin, Texas

56 months ago

I know what yall mean! this crap is insane! every day it's a battle to get through the workday! I get scratched n yelled at for trying to help. residents abuse their rights by constantly being on the light and thinking they the only one you have to take care of. I wish we had rights too. nurses take advantage and tell us to do the work they don't wanna do and speak to us like trash. If you want respect give me respect too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Roxann /cna/Alabama

41 months ago

I dont know how you run your facility,but theres not much we can do about the nurses not doing their job accept report it to the D.O.N who in turn is always in cahoots with the nurses. We cnas are always being reprimanded on what were not doing but there never seems to be enough time to our job and theres. They take extended lunch breaks,smoke breaks and can Never be found when you need them.My patients dont get their meds on time, always out of diapers and limited on wipes.Which our wipes are limited to a pack a week!!I know when my children were little i went through more than that and these are bigger messes due to medications.Most of the time we have to search for supplies needed to do our shift because the ones before us didnt!I realize all facilities are different but you are now in a position to change things at yours. If you were a cna for 16 years im sure you experienced some of what we all go through now. Please dont be little us because you are in a higher position now.Dont tell us to shadow the nurses cause you know would never fly!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARIA in Colorado Springs, Colorado

39 months ago

HELLO DEAR, CNA`S AM UNENPLOYED FOR A YEAR. AND I USTO WORK FOR A NURSING HOME HERE IN COLORADO SPRINGS, THE RESIDENTS WERE ABUSIVE, BUT THEY ALWAYS BLAMED ON US, WE DINT KNOW WHEN WE GONA GET FIRED. IT WAS A CAOS. EVERY DAY WORKING LIKE THIS, IT WAS HELL. NOW I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACH, TO ANY NURSING HOME,I UNDERSTAND. THE WAY SOME REAL. CNA SUFFER. I PRAY TO GOD. THAT IF HE CAN CHANGE ALL THAT SYSTEM. BECAUSE. I DONT KNOW WHATS GONA HAPPEND. AM NOT PERFECT. BUT I ALWAYS CARED FOR ANY PEOPLE. BUT THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF NOTHING, AM TALKING ABOUT. RESIDENTS AND NURSES. HOOOOOOOOO BOYYY.HEEEEELLL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EliabethAlexander60@yahoo.com

39 months ago

Hi, My name is Elizabeth I am a Tech 3, I was working at a hospital for 17 years, and got fried for something I didn't do, I kept my Title as a CNA,? I took classes united clerk, and Telemtry.that is how I got my Title, but I stay working as a CNA, the work is hard like u all say not only in a nursing Home,but in the Hospital to can u all believe this yes it truce, I work there for 17 years and lost my job over nothing behind a nurse that was picking,but I am not upset about it I am looking for something in the medical fields, I sign on with agency,and I decided to take classes on Line ,for Medical Transcripts, see u can do anything once U set your mind to it,What I am trying to say that I Felt Like I Was Abuse To, I felt like my word as a CNA didn't matter ,when I told the truth it did not matter, to my supervisor, she didn't not give me a chance to explain what happen at that time, u see I was off at the time, my Mother had pass with Cancer, so I was off and when it was time for me to go back to work My supervisor and I talk on the phone, I told her that I would be back to work that Thursday morning she told me to don't clock in , come to her office, I told her that I will there today I am not waitting to come in your office the next day,I will see u today so I did go up there, and we went down to talk with the head of staff and I got fried for something I didn't do ,No Compassion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rena in Youngstown, Ohio

39 months ago

lynn in Brockton, Massachusetts said: OH SO RIGHT ON! We get yelled at by nurses, directors, and higher ups infront of everyone. blamed for everything, have to do everything anyone else does not want to do. (our job or not!) And are expected to just sit there and take the abuse with your mouth shut or take the risk of being fired. You have knowone to back ya up in my place because everyones afraid of being fired or retalliation even though they agree with ya!

Yelled at!!!! No way! Here in my region of Ohio we do not play that...no one yells at me. You earn respect, and even iyou are a STNA or CNA no one has th right to yell an cream at you. Does your state have an Ombudsman? Do you have a FAIR LABOR BOARD? Yelling at you is a form of abuse to you, and they can get their point across without yelling and screaming...YOU ARE NOT THEIR CHILD, you are a worker, and should be respected as such....I would look for agencies that advocate for you rights....hope you find the help you need! Be Blessed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EliabethAlexander60@yahoo.com

39 months ago

These COMMENT SHOUULD REPORTED TO WASHINGTON D.C. HILLARY CLINTON MADE A
STATEMENT ABOUT HOW A NURSE treated her mother, she was very upset about this situation, she only seen the aid more in her mother room than the nurse she was very upset about this.so if this matter of abuse don't stop something can be done about this matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bambam in Adelaide, Australia

21 months ago

Brenda in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I agree with you all that you are under paid and over worked. But we all are regardless of our title. I am a administrator for a nursing home in Saint Petersburg, FL and I see that several of my staff members are over worked and there is nothing that I can do about it.

The key to solving problems is communication , get together and create a committee where you can come up with ideas and solutions to your problems. Stop stirring the pot and do something about it.

DON's do work hard but like some one said. it is not back breaking work. and my boss has a company car, more vacation time than us, and is on quadriple more pay than us CNA's. i think that might make their job a little more worth while dont ya think...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

the same in the Flathead in Kalispell, Montana

20 months ago

This is the most frustrating and unprofessional job that I have ever done. There is absolutely no delegation or management of the CNA's or nurses. It take all of my self will to not comment sarcastically and walk out in the middle of a shift. What makes me stay? The fear of the lack of care the residents will receive. It only takes a small amount of education to become a CNA, so not all people who decide this course in life are that intelligent or hard working. Personally, I feel the CNA course gives the false sense of hope that being CNA means your doing good and helping people. Followed by an actual CNA job that slowly beats you down physically and emotionally. The pay does not even come close to compensating someone working under this title, especially those that perform this job well. People working the cash register at hardware stores and stocking at grocery stores make more than CNA's, not only that they can advance themselves within the company. This type of wage information is insulting considering a CNA's job description. I understand a lot of nurses have a lot of complaints about CNA's often looking at what they didn't accomplish rather than what they did accomplish during a shift. In making this point, if the nurse is capable of doing any of these tasks, then do them or delegate in a professional manner to the aid that you would like them to do something different. A CNA is the low man on the totem pole, therefore there to follow orders from superiors. As a superior, you should not use your position to take advantage of others work or abuse your power. DNSs', administrators, any managerial positions should understand that the most CNAs' usually make under $25,000 a year often supporting families on this and this type of work can ruin a persons body, especially when working in an a work environment that isn't employee friendly and understaffed. Upper management positions in healthcare require more education but those positions pay more & are less physical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

caring in Omaha, Nebraska

19 months ago

I have been a cna for over 6 years now, i have the opportunity to go to school to make more money, but I do not want to leave the cna field because we as aides are doing something so good and helpful for people and we get over looked.We are the ones that help the patient the most, we are there to feed them, bathe them, keep them calm when they go into another state of mind because of medications they are on, wipe tears they cry, ect.. Nobody will ever understand how it feels to be a cna unless you have been one, it is so amazing to help the people in need, how come we do not get paid more for the care we give. Some of us sacrafice so much to give to others in need. I am not here to bash any nurse or doctors because the ones that truely care do a geat job and i am thankful for them and they are not to blame. I dont know who to turn and ask the big question? The patients in nursing homes especially deserve better care, not saying the caregivers are not doing there part because i know they are, but I think the homes can afford to hire at least one extra aide per shift. Cnas get burnt out and the job just becomes another day when nothing is changing and sometimes we lose hope. I just want to say to all the aides out there do not give up, the patients out there need us. Keep giving the good care that the patients truly appreciate, I truly believe that some day there will be a turn around and cnas will get the reconition and pay they so derserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

NursesHaveNoCompassion in Burlington, Massachusetts

14 months ago

Right on. I am a CNA - have been one for the past 5 years. I am not an idiot, yet nurses think because they got that RN next to their name, they can name-call and verbally abuse me. But I am not taking it anymore. I told the Charge Nurse that a patient was a fall risk the other day, and she talked to me like I belonged to the Walter E Fernald School for Retarded People. Nurses, you want Respect? You have to GIVE it in order to GET it. Simple as that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie La Rue in Belfair, Washington

14 months ago

AMEN GIRL YOU NAILED IN AND MY BACK AGREES.THATS WHY I AM NOW TAKING TEST TO BE A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous

13 months ago

I have been a CNA for nearly 30 years, I have seen a lot of changes over the years, but nothing changes for the CNA, there was a time you had someone to back you up, but now days you are on your own. They have you running around like a chicken with his head cut off, you can be doing something and they will stop you to go and do something else, you hear someone's alarm go off you have to stop what you are doing to see which resident that is, while others are standing around doing nothing, and if someone fall, all hell breaks loose, they expect for you to be in two or three places at one time, as yall said its a thankless job and CNAs have no rights.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stop complaining in Omaha, Nebraska

13 months ago

To all CNAs, as I am reading some of your comments I notice that most of you have been in the field for a long time. My question is how come non of you have moved on from the career if its that terrible? Yes the job is hard and yes sometimes we feel like we get no respect, but from my experience a lot of people feel that way not just us. If you have been a cna for a while you know the job, you know what it takes, if you dont like it move on!! There are plenty of grads that are willing to take your place at any time. I am sure that the company you work for would not be upset to lose someone that hates working for them. They can find someone who is willing to do the work with no complaints.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

NursesHaveNoCompassion in Burlington, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Dont tell me, let me guess. I bet you are either a DON or a NM or an ANM...with no clue as to what ALL of your people feel about working in your organization. You ought to thank your lucky stars that you have such devoted people working tirelessly to help patients get better. No, we are not there for the money - that's a laugh. No, we are not there for the thanks either. We are there to work. And we do. Hard. Every Day.

We CNAS will put up with a lot. Feces, urine, feeding...you name it. Patients NEED us. That's why we report to work every day. We LOVE our patients. We want them to get better.

We love the work. We are probably one of the few groups of working individuals that actually take pride in their work, and look forward to taking care of patients who need the care.

We will not, however, tolerate the following:

1. Nurses who are prima-donnas, who are just in it for the money. The prissy RNs that may be pregnant, that don't like to touch the patient, or help turn them to clean up messes.
2. DONs or Charge Nurses or NM or ANM that only listen to the RNs never to the assistants.
3. Having only 2 of us on the floor for 30 to 40 patients, and expecting us to do everything involving ADLS with the patient.

I could add more and more to this list, and maybe some of my contemporaries will here. But you, as a NM or a ANM or a DON - you have a unique opportunity here. You can hear the complaints, and you can do something about it - before you lose the new grads (because the cycle never ends). Hire a new grad you say? Pretty soon, that new grad will see things for the way they are and they quit.

You can listen, you can make action plans involving ALL of your staff, you can make things better. It's up to you. Are you man/woman enough to stand up to the challenge?? Are you willing to do what it takes to make your workplace better?? Or are you just willing to accept the status quo and never improving things. It's up to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rookiecna in Kissimmee, Florida

12 months ago

We CNA's need to unite. I am all for a union and believe we should start one ASAP. CNA's provide Traditional Nursing Skills. They are Nurses. Yet it is a felony for a CNA to call himself what he is: a Nurse. We cannot keep allowing this to happen. It is unlawful and unjust. CNA's are Auxiliary Nurses and should be called such. They nurse their patients. They provide Traditional Nursing. They care of the sick. They keep their patients healthy and so many more things. They've been doing what Nurses have always done since centuries. We should be respected and treated as Nurses. They cannot keep insulting and degrading the sanctity of our profession. We CNA's need to unite and form a single Association that represent our interests.

Blessings to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nurse101 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

11 months ago

recently completed cna traing and am finding it hard to find empolyment because my work has been in customer service. transiting to healthcare field ma, lpn or rn undecided anyways i got a call for a interview today from this director and she was explaining to me how cna's are requesting shift changes because they are in school, this concerns me because i am wondering on the work enviornment do people show up late not at all is the patient staff ration out of wack and then i come here and read post how cna's atent respected could this be why the staff are not be dependable and taking back what they agreed to work. I have 2 friends that worked in cna and have complained of the same issues, why is there no unions cna basically run the facility the lpn and rn are basically managers with biology coarse cause they dont do much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pia in colorado in Aurora, Colorado

11 months ago

HELLO TO ALL CNAS WITH ALL MY RESPECT. WE ALL DO THE

HELLO TO ALL THE CNAS FROM HERE. COLORADO SPRINGS CO EVEN DO WE RESERVE TO GET ALL THE RESPECT FROM ANYBORY WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE THERE WHENE A RESIDENT IA ABOUT TO DIE WE DRY HER,HIS TEARS WE HUGE AND TRY FOR THAT PERSON TO BE CONFORTABLE. WE GET PAIN IN OUR OWN HEART. WE PRAY.FOR THAT PERSON CRY.WHY BECAUSE WE GET TO KNOW THOSE LONLY PEOPLE. WHY BECAUSE WHENE WE ARE BABES WE ARE LOVED.BY PARENTS, BUT LATER WHENE WE GET OLD WE GET NOTHING ONLY REJECTION.NO BORY LOVES OLD PEOPLE. BUT. THEY FIND A NEW FAMILY WHICH IS YOU NEW CNA,HOW MANY TIMES WE KNOW A LOT OF SECRETS FROM A RESIDENT. THAT NO ONE KNOWS? A LOT A TIMES. SO YOU AT LEAST PAY US WITH GRATITUD. IF YOU KNOW THAT WORD. AND THAT APPLY TO ALL THE PERSONAL LITTLE OR HIGH SKIED TILE. WHO CARES WE ALL ARE IMPORTANT.BUT CNAS ARE ANGELS FROM HEAVEN........AMEN...........NO MORE TALKING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

pia in colorado in Aurora, Colorado

11 months ago

AND HELLO TO ALL THE CNAS FROM ALL THIS COUNTRY MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL. YOUR CNA FROM COLORADO SPRINGS CO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz Cook in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

I completely agree here! CNA do a lot more than they are given credit for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

fouta in Bronx, New York

7 months ago

I work in a nursing home for three year now with no benefit nothing they still claim we are on call when you are working 5 days a week and every other weekend !get pay $12 .80 an hrs some are getting $ 16 an hrs with full benefit we have 41 patients on the floor and sometime especially on the weekend night shift there is only one Cna on the floor and they aspect you to do your job is this even fair to the patient or the the Cna how can 41 patients get the proper care with only one cna on the floor and on top of that the nurse is not helping you do the changes but she or he still have the nerve to call you for TPR or you did not position this patient this way or that way i love doing my job but for God sake we are not robot we are human been i am going back to school for my RN now but still i hope one day Cna get the recognition they deserve like nurses because trust me this job is not easy God bless all the good Cna all over the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ma in Denver, Colorado

7 months ago

HI I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU. BECAUSE THAT IS BAD. WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO YOU.I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU. NEVER CHANGE,DO IT FOR YOU. BE GOOD TO YOU.AND BE GOOD TO OTHERS. AM GONA BE PRAYING FOR YOU.I PRAY FOR ALL THIS SITUATION. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

7 months ago

The key to solving problems is communication , get together and create a committee where you can come up with ideas and solutions to your problems. Stop stirring the pot and do something about it.

I know this was posted a long time ago but I had to comment...
This letter is exactly what is wrong with management in most industries.
They think they all work their butts off...they have never gone without a lunch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kae in Peachtree City, Georgia

6 months ago

CNA certification = worthless in Saint Charles, Minnesota said: There needs to be a strike. Nursing aids need to pull together. Throughout the nation. We need to show the places we work for what it is like to not have our help. Then maybe we will get the pay we deserve for doing a job that no one else wants to do.

I agree with you.. No one else will ever do what we do unless state walks in the building and the help comes out of the wood work. Even LPN's put things off on us when it is there job to do certain things. I work the night shift and my nurse tries to ask me to do creams and stuff when I'm at my busiest in the mornings getting my residents up for the day and toileting everyone. She knows she has all night to do this but she sits on her phone or visits with other nurses. I get so tired of this kind of stuff but if I stand up for myself I'm labeled as a trouble maker, like a school child.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kae in Peachtree City, Georgia

6 months ago

As a CNA for 20 years I have seen so much and yet I still get treated as a goffer and the pay matches that profile. I try making suggestion to help not only me and my co-workers but the resident too. No one ever listens or asks us our opinions about things when we are the people who have all the answers because we are hands on with everything. The other thing that just kills me is Sometimes I come up with simple solutions to major problems and yet people say I'm a smart ass. Another thing is that everyone in the office and higher up positions are all off on every holiday there is but if us cna's put in to ask off we get a notice put up in the break room stating " No time off notices will be accepted for the weekend of the 4th of July or the weekend after"... like we have no life. I have also seen " no holiday time off will be granted unless all shifts are covered for that day".. REALLY!!! We CNA's could go on and on about all the other stuff too like the abuse we take off the residents and family members of the residents, come on people we are not magic fairies with wands we are CNA's who have 20 things to do and 12 people waiting on us to do them so if you don't like the way we put your momma's shirt on then take her ass home and you take care of her!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Healthcare Adm in Belvidere, Illinois

2 months ago

This site lays out what CNA's really go through:

tiredofbeingacna.webstarts.com/index.html

check out the forum part of the site, you are not alone. Might be time to think of a lateral career change in the healthcare field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Belleville, Michigan

1 month ago

cna1 in Austin, Texas said: I know what yall mean! this crap is insane! every day it's a battle to get through the workday! I get scratched n yelled at for trying to help. residents abuse their rights by constantly being on the light and thinking they the only one you have to take care of. I wish we had rights too. nurses take advantage and tell us to do the work they don't wanna do and speak to us like trash. If you want respect give me respect too
Omg so true they force us to deal with combative residents that need to be sedated daily.I stay for the few I love dearly and pray to God not be bitten or punched before I punched in !!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Belleville, Michigan

1 month ago

Anonymous said: I have been a CNA for nearly 30 years, I have seen a lot of changes over the years, but nothing changes for the CNA, there was a time you had someone to back you up, but now days you are on your own. They have you running around like a chicken with his head cut off, you can be doing something and they will stop you to go and do something else, you hear someone's alarm go off you have to stop what you are doing to see which resident that is, while others are standing around doing nothing, and if someone fall, all hell breaks loose, they expect for you to be in two or three places at one time, as yall said its a thankless job and CNAs have no rights.

It is the most grueling job I have ever had and yes beyond thankless

sam in Belleville, Michigan

1 month ago

Need to get the hell out of this field !!!!!!!!!!!!!So sick of battle scars from residents and management .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shaunda williams in Illinois

23 days ago

I feel the same.. thought it was me ive been a aide for 15 years i have tried hospice,homecare,longterm care facilities all the same no appreciation and hard work and under paid! I currently work for a agency just to learn and observe so that I can become self employeed and have my own private clients. I love what i do just hate working for others. So ill work for myself and i know for sure if i can make my clients happy its a reward within itself! Good luck to all use your expereiene to become your on boss as a cna.. and learn from it to make you work smarter not harder and that is becoming your own boss utilizing your skills!!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.