saving nursing assistant Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Daniel kyalo in Palestine, Illinois

85 months ago

Nursing assistants work is very vital to patients and must be seen as a vital nursing care in relation to other cadres of healthcare like practicsal nursing and RNs.CNAs/PCa must not be senas stress cushions for nurses! nurses inmany caese turn on their frustrations from patients to PCas/cnas which is very frustrating and unethical.Now STNas must be represneted wmore strongly in the nursing board.Nurses must be reminded that before they became Rns or lpns were once stnas and so should follow suit!Why should stnas be punished by some nurses or nursing directors by hipping them with alot of patients to care for?Are we really taking care of patients if we can not ahve a proper stna patinet ratio in our hospitals and nursing homes.Atleast we have enough trained stnas and there are alot of nursing agencies who can supply healthcare stuff if neede.STnas must not be sen as salvery of a form of cheap labor to save some money in our health instituitions at the expense of quality patient care.Iam sorry to say this is my three years experience as a qualified stna having worked in both hospitals and nursing homes. Pleas I urge those who care and those have power to change to do so urgenlty for the sake of our patients.Quality care is not dishing out medicines to patients but we all know is something wholistic involving care ..... Iam a strong believer I hope thatthings will change for the better.I would have changed things if I had the power.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marisol in Miami, Florida

82 months ago

Hi ,

Am a nursing assistent not certified yet am doing exam. But am lloking for a job in Fl , the cities that i want my job to be in are:

Miami Gardens
Miami Lakes

Thanks,
Marisol Marrero

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MOUNTAINLASSY in New Waterford, Ohio

30 months ago

Daniel kyalo in Palestine, Illinois said: Nursing assistants work is very vital to patients and must be seen as a vital nursing care in relation to other cadres of healthcare like practicsal nursing and RNs.CNAs/PCa must not be senas stress cushions for nurses! nurses inmany caese turn on their frustrations from patients to PCas/cnas which is very frustrating and unethical.Now STNas must be represneted wmore strongly in the nursing board.Nurses must be reminded that before they became Rns or lpns were once stnas and so should follow suit!Why should stnas be punished by some nurses or nursing directors by hipping them with alot of patients to care for?Are we really taking care of patients if we can not ahve a proper stna patinet ratio in our hospitals and nursing homes.Atleast we have enough trained stnas and there are alot of nursing agencies who can supply healthcare stuff if neede.STnas must not be sen as salvery of a form of cheap labor to save some money in our health instituitions at the expense of quality patient care.Iam sorry to say this is my three years experience as a qualified stna having worked in both hospitals and nursing homes. Pleas I urge those who care and those have power to change to do so urgenlty for the sake of our patients.Quality care is not dishing out medicines to patients but we all know is something wholistic involving care ..... Iam a strong believer I hope thatthings will change for the better.I would have changed things if I had the power.

I worked for 12 years as an stna and I agree, we are taken advantage of. I worked for a privatelly owned home. We are taken advantage of. Our manager made $80,000 yr. the owner had his own airplane and flew 4 times a yr. to Utah and we were luckey to make $8.00 an hr. I started out at $5.00 an hr.They would often times not have supplies so us stna's would buy shampoo, shaving supplies and bodywash and deoderant out of our own pockets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.