can someone whos 52 become a nursing assitant and find a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

dpratt57 in Jacksonville, Florida

58 months ago

i am 52 years old and want to become a cna what would be the chances of facillities wanting to hire a older worker/new cna graduate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

morghansgramma in Green Bay, Wisconsin

58 months ago

you might get hired, if you do not show your age. human resources have to look at us through different colored glasses, though. we have more experience in life than the younger employees, more knowledge, we are not in a big hurry to get our work done, just to sit around and gossip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Karen Ann in Clinton, Iowa

58 months ago

dpratt57 in Jacksonville, Florida said: i am 52 years old and want to become a cna what would be the chances of facillities wanting to hire a older worker/new cna graduate

Yes, they want older people to care for clients, we are more stable and productive!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john.snyder64@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Yes, You can get hired. Most of your Co-workers will be less than half your age. All they worry about is their cell phone. The residents will Love ya though. I have been a CNA since 1986. I am 49 and better than ever. You can do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anneb15@comcast.net in Steubenville, Ohio

50 months ago

I an 49 years old. I would like to be a Registerd Long-Term Care Nurse Aide. I hold an active LPN license in the State of Ohio, and live in West Virginia. Would I have to go through training to be a non-certified aide? Caring for others is my passion. I have a bad right knee. I think if I lose some weight, it would make for less pressure on my knee. My dream is to work as a long-term care aide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anneb15@comcast.net in Steubenville, Ohio

50 months ago

dpratt57 in Jacksonville, Florida said: i am 52 years old and want to become a cna what would be the chances of facillities wanting to hire a older worker/new cna graduate

I, too would like to work as a nurse's aide. I am 49 years old. I am hoping to get training to work as a long-term care nurse aide. Ido not know whether or not we would be hired. When I used to work in a nursing home, there were a few older CNA's. They were excellent, on the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

victoria in Vacaville, California

36 months ago

YES WHY NOT THATS NOT OLD, GOOD LUCK TO YOU IT ONLY TAKES 3-4 months you will be finish before your birth day yet these years are
flying fast i am 54 and have my cna i want to become a lvn then Rn
thats the best thing going now. if you need help let me know i have doing this for 10-15 years. lots experince. be glad to help. victoria_foreman@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.