OVER WORKED AND ALWAYS UNDERPAID!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

JAMIE PERDUE in Bedford, Virginia

83 months ago

I THINK OUR POSITION IN THE HEALTH CARE WORLD IS NOT FULLY APPRECIATED. IN ALMOST EVERY CNA JOB IVE EVER HAD, IVE ALWAYS HAD AT LEAST TEN PATIENTS, AND ON NIGHTSHIFT EVEN MORE. IT SEEMS LIKE THERES NEVER ENOUGH HELP TO GO AROUND, IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND THEM. BUT BETTER YET, THE PAY REALLY DOSENT HELP GET YOU MOTIVATED ABOUT THE JOB EITHER. IT SEEMED LIKE I HAD TO WORK A 50 OR 60 HOUR WEEK TO JUST BREAK EVEN. WHY? WHEN THERES SUPPOSE TO BE THIS HUGE SHORTAGE OUT THERE, YOU WOULD THINK WE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. P.S.- NO LONGER WORKING AS A CNA- AND VERY HAPPY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

nanaof3ps@gmail.com in Boones Mill, Virginia

54 months ago

I AM A NURSES AIDE OF 39 YEARS.WHEN I TRAINED WE WORKED ON THE JOB TRAINING IN A HOSPITAL FOR 3 MONTHS 5 DAYS A WEEK. WE STARTED IN THE CLASS ROOM, AND THEN DID OUR CLINICAL TRAINING ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOSPITAL,GOING BACK TO THE CLASS ROOM AT THE END OF THE DAY FOR OUR TEST.I THINK IT SHOULD STILL BE NURSES AIDE'S NEED THE HOSPITAL TRAINING,BECAUSE YOU GET TO WORK IN ALL AREAS OF THE FIELD,FROM THE ER,LAB,SURGERY,STERILAZION RECOVERY,PHARMACEY AND SO MUCH MORE.THEN THE STATE CAME INTO THE PICTURE AND DECIDED WE ALL NEEDED TO BE LICENSED SO THEY COULD GET THIER PIECE OF THE PIE.I'M FOR THE WAY IT WAS AT LEAST WE HAD MORE JOBS THEN.TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

tb in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

I agree, i have been doing this for 12 years now and I'm ready to call it quits. The pay is just not enough for the work loads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

cstucker in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

52 months ago

tb in Columbus, Ohio said: I agree, i have been doing this for 12 years now and I'm ready to call it quits. The pay is just not enough for the work loads.

I agree, I work in a facility where the pay is little to nothing.

collila40 in Cleveland, Ohio

47 months ago

I agree also. I am totally disappointed with the medical field,because the medical system doesn't appreciate nursing assistants. Nursing assistants are the backbone of hospitals and nursing homes. We work so hard that we collapse when we get home. We are grossly underpaid. We are forced to work for long hours on different shifts and are usually deprived of our weekends and holidays. We are given work assignments that were once handled by two or three people. If a mistake is made by us we are reprimanded. If we do an excellent job, we never hear about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tess in Compton, California

38 months ago

tb in Columbus, Ohio said: I agree, i have been doing this for 12 years now and I'm ready to call it quits. The pay is just not enough for the work loads.

Yes I work as a cna and the work load is to much. I work in a hospital and the work is very heavy they give us 8 pt a day there are two lvns that work on our unit as well who basically do nothing but pass pills. and some of them complain about that.Wow! after they pass their pills they are pretty much sittin on there butts. Give them two or three pt. help out some... I see a lot of people that come thru training for their rn or lvn license i ask them do they like nursing and majority of them dont but they are doing it because they make money and many of them when they finish arent even going to work on the floor the say they are going into case management.So it still going to be a shortage on nursing. so we the little people (cna)who makes less than half of license nurse pay will continue to suffer. I am on the verge of quiting myself I work hard as hell and all I make is enough money for rent in ca. BURNT OUT! RAISE THE PAY FOR CNA'S!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

tess in Compton, California

38 months ago

Yes I work as a cna and the work load is to much. I work in a hospital and the work is very heavy they give us 8 pt a day there are two lvns that work on our unit as well who basically do nothing but pass pills. and some of them complain about that.Wow! after they pass their pills they are pretty much sittin on there butts. Give them two or three pt. help out some... I see a lot of people that come thru training for their rn or lvn license i ask them do they like nursing and majority of them dont but they are doing it because they make money and many of them when they finish arent even going to work on the floor the say they are going into case management.So it still going to be a shortage on nursing. so we the little people (cna)who makes less than half of license nurse pay will continue to suffer. I am on the verge of quiting myself I work hard as hell and all I make is enough money for rent in ca. BURNT OUT! RAISE THE PAY FOR CNA'S!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

more pay for cna we are the assistant to the doctors the Rn the Lvn and the Physical therapist and we are paid a dollar or two above minimum wage this is ridiculous! I do physical therapy assistant pay and dont get the pay. Pay the Cna's more or we are going to Strike as well!

Rookiecna in Longwood, Florida

4 months ago

We CNA's need to unite. I am all for a union and believe we should start one ASAP. CNA's provide Traditional Nursing Skills. They are Nurses. Yet it is a felony for a CNA to call himself what he is: a Nurse. We cannot keep allowing this to happen. It is unlawful and unjust. CNA's are Auxiliary Nurses and should be called such. They nurse their patients. They provide Traditional Nursing. They care of the sick. They keep their patients healthy and so many more things. They've been doing what Nurses have always done since centuries. We should be respected and treated as Nurses. They cannot keep insulting and degrading the sanctity of our profession. We CNA's need to unite and form a single Association that represent our interests. We need a name change. We are not assistants. We are Nurses and as Nurses we provide care for the sick and infirm. We need to be legally recognized as nurses. We need to change our name to Auxiliary Nurses. It is the title that best describes our duties and what we do.

Blessings to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.