Anyone ever worked for a Temp Agency?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Jennifer in Lexington, Kentucky

82 months ago

I am a CNA looking for a flexible job while in school. I see advertisements for temp agencies like Temps Inc and they seem too good to be true. Does anyone know how these jobs work? IE, scheduling, and do you get a location and stay there for a while or are you somewhere different every day?
Thanks,
Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Lexington, Kentucky

82 months ago

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about the special insanity, lol. I have worked float in a large hospital before, and I know what it feels like to be treated as an intruder. The other techs also knew that I made more money than they did, and often dumped a difficult patient load on me. I stayed positive and eventually was trusted in the different areas. I will consider the agency then, it sounds like something I could tolerate :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Liza in Las Vegas, Nevada

69 months ago

Hi guys, well i am a cna looking for a temp job, i relocate from Boston and was told that i need to transfer my cna certificate,and i will like to know if i can get me a job here with a temp agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latisha in Richmond, Virginia

66 months ago

Hi people, I'm currently looking for employment as a Medical Assistant. I cant seem to find any temp agencies. I really need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Pleasanton, California

63 months ago

I'm a cna and am looking for a job fridays-sunday. I'll be completing my final year of the nursing program starting this fall and won't have much time for extra days. The hospital I've been working at for quite some time is cutting back on the on-call positions. Any suggestions?

job seeker in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I am 21 years old and I just received my CNA I live in the Los Angeles County. I will be re-locating for school in September and I'm looking for a part time or temp agency that will take me with no experience, does anyone have any pointers on where to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen Ann in Clinton, Iowa

51 months ago

When i got out of CNA class with my diploma, i could not get a job,no experience! My boyfriend at the time, had a male friend, who was a CNA, working for an agency. He asked them if they would hire me. They did,he got $50.00, for sign up. I have been a CNA, since then, that was 1997!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

Karen Ann in Clinton, Iowa said: When i got out of CNA class with my diploma, i could not get a job,no experience! My boyfriend at the time, had a male friend, who was a CNA, working for an agency. He asked them if they would hire me. They did,he got $50.00, for sign up. I have been a CNA, since then, that was 1997!

thats cool but im talking about anything that u know off that might work for me

shaun

50 months ago

I have a bad recruitment experience with Grape Tree Medical Staffing out of Spirit Lake in Iowa. Without going through details of the incident, I'd say, please at any course, avoid this agency. They also have a branch office out of Muscatine Iowa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg McCormick in Minneapolis, Minnesota

42 months ago

Hi my name is greg and i just want to find a job as a cna. I just got my certification, and i want to find a temp agency that would give me a chance to get some experience. Could you please help me.

beky arredondo in HOUSTON, Texas

34 months ago

Ithats thru us cna. S aids always had or would get the short end of everything but I have klewarned that do wat u need to do be nice don't blow off on anybody go do wat u need to do. I like it cuz ur indiffrent places diffrent people I loved it

pattibear in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

job seeker in Los Angeles, California said: I am 21 years old and I just received my CNA I live in the Los Angeles County. I will be re-locating for school in September and I'm looking for a part time or temp agency that will take me with no experience, does anyone have any pointers on where to start?

hi, I was just informed to look for cna temp agencies,so if i get any leads i will definitely pass on. this is new to me too,but there has to be something there for us.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.