I passed my STNA test because of my tester..... Here is my advice and story.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Linda in Columbus, Ohio

33 months ago

Tara Neel in Cincinnati, Ohio said: So I took my STNA test 10/07/2011 and found out the next day that I passed. (I did this by calling DNS diversified because I knew
Tami, thanks for the info...but don't you get 5 skills? What was your 5th skill?
I would get my results sooner) Now to the main event. My test was at 8:30 and I got there at 7:30. You’re supposed to be there 1/2 hour early so I thought I’d give myself an extra 1/2 hour to study as well. Long story short because my name wasn’t in their computer system I ended up waiting almost 5 hours before I even got to take my written test....I felt like I was there FOREVER. My nerves were fried!
The skills I got were. Hand washing, denture care, placing resident on left side, and weighing and ambulatory resident. Everything went pretty smoothly and I made very minor mistakes. It was not until the last skill that I almost made the biggest mistake of all. The dreaded bolded print mistake (Not doing the bolded print step will cause you to fail the test immediately) I went to put the resident on the scale when the tester yelled “STOP! Think about what your about to do, you’re about to miss a bolded step and fail the test. I’m only doing this because you have been here for over 5 hours and I thought you deserved it.” I of course freaked out because I obviously had no idea I was doing anything wrong or I would not have done it. Turns out you have to zero the scale BEFORE putting a resident on it, and it’s not ok to put them on it then zero it (Which I think is stupid anyways but hey I forgot and finially figured out what I was doing wrong)
It am so grateful that she did what she did or I sooo would not have passed.
I would like to post my advice in a comment below so that it's easier to read.

Tara, thanks for the info...but don't you get 5 skills? What was your 5th skill in the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shane in Youngstown, Ohio

33 months ago

Linda in Columbus, Ohio said: Tara, thanks for the info...but don't you get 5 skills? What was your 5th skill in the test?

Handwashing is always the first skill, then you have four others. I took mine today and had Haircare, Nailcare, partial bed bath, and positioning resident on right side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Columbus, Ohio

33 months ago

I know, but she said hand washing was one of the four skills.
Thanks for your info though! I'm very nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

taleasha in Columbus, Ohio

7 days ago

Linda in Columbus, Ohio said: Tara, thanks for the info...but don't you get 5 skills? What was your 5th skill in the test?

What was the written test like

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.