How is OT Program at university of buffalo suny?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

hhong3138 in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

I know someone is thinking of applying to their five years BS&MS OT program. If anyone goes there too, can you give my friends some suggestions? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

steve in Astoria, New York

34 months ago

it's cold in buffalo.

anna in Hamilton, Ontario

33 months ago

i am starting this program in January. I'll let you know then :)

Gina in Westerville, Ohio

30 months ago

anna in Hamilton, Ontario said: i am starting this program in January. I'll let you know then :)

Anna- did you start the program yet...I am thinking of applying as a transfer junior for the BS/MS program.

Gina in Westerville, Ohio

30 months ago

anna in Hamilton, Ontario said: i am starting this program in January. I'll let you know then :)

Anna- did you start the program yet...I am thinking of applying as a transfer junior for the BS/MS program.

OT Grad in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

I graduated from Suny Buffalo's occupational therapy program in 2009, it is a great program. A lot of the classes are BS and you won't learn too much until fieldwork, but they are relatively easy to pass and I never got below a B+ in any OT class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hhong3138 in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Thanks, OT Grad.

futureOT in Columbus, Ohio

29 months ago

OT Grad- I already have a Bachelor's Degree, so I am transferring in as a junior in the summer for Gross Anatomy. Did you or anyone you know do this or did most of you start as Freshmen? Also, I see you are in Brooklyn now...how is working as an OT in the NYC area? I have always been curious to know. Thanks!

29 months ago

Hey future OT, Don't worry you wont be the only one starting at gross anatomy. There were only 6 of us out of 37 that had started the program from freshman, the rest came during or after gross anatomy. OT positions in NYC are abundant, but salaries are quite comparable to anywhere else in the country when taking in cost of living factor.
That being said, the market is definitely undersaturated and you will not have trouble finding work almost wherever you are.

29 months ago

Also, be very prepared Gross Anatomy is not a joke at UB. It is very intense and a lot of people drop out/fail if it is not taken seriously.

29 months ago

Thanks so much OT Grad! One more question...do you know anything about D'Youville's OT program and how it is compared to UB's? Besides the fact that UB starts as an undergrad program and is much cheaper!

29 months ago

No, I don't know much about their program. But, I would go with cheaper, in the long run it does not matter where you went to school as long as you have your degree. So why spend more money?

28 months ago

OT Grad...how much would you estimate the entire program cost you at UB in tuition/fees? Not including living expenses.

denisehearts in New York, New York

18 months ago

OT Grad in Brooklyn, New York said: No, I don't know much about their program. But, I would go with cheaper, in the long run it does not matter where you went to school as long as you have your degree. So why spend more money?

I'm currently a pre-OT student, I just transferred into UB for the BS/MS program. . How difficult are the OT pre-reqs and the OT program itself?? I'm worried that it might be too hard and worried about the cost of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.