Part-time job in clerical, customer service, or receptionist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Winnie in Redmond, Washington

45 months ago

I lost my full time position. I am over fifty and am having a difficult time finding a part-time job. How can I find a part time job other than jobs listed on interent or networking? How do I get my foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ashlee

44 months ago

Winnie in Redmond, Washington said: I lost my full time position. I am over fifty and am having a difficult time finding a part-time job. How can I find a part time job other than jobs listed on interent or networking? How do I get my foot in the door.

I am looking fo rthe samething. Every search I do is investments....I just want to job not my on bussiness....can anyone help me????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Winnie in Redmond, Washington

44 months ago

You can go to the Internet, put in jobs for a person over fifty. Then put in city and state. Also, I send resumes for a part-time position even though they ad said for full time. I state that I am interested in part-time work, state briefly what I am capable of doing and send one page resume. Please contact me if you have a part-time position.
You can go to AARP and put in city, state, and position too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

same boat in Fairfax, Virginia

41 months ago

Winnie in Redmond, Washington said: I lost my full time position. I am over fifty and am having a difficult time finding a part-time job. How can I find a part time job other than jobs listed on interent or networking? How do I get my foot in the door.

Ask around and look online. The Fairfax County website has an office dedicated (and I mean really really good) at finding decent and kind employers for people over 55. The AARP does that too. There are second career places for people on line. Check out guru.com. Check out craigslist -- be careful there to make sure the opportunities are legit. And stay strong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ereed1964@gmail.com in York, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

[QUOTE who="Elizabeth I, am looking forward to a job as a clerk typist or secretary as it is my long awaited dream .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ereed1964@gmail.com in York, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

I have only had volunteer jobs and would like to find a paying job as a clerk or secreatary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ClarisaTee in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

I am from a U.S. Territory and I retired early from a government taxation department. I am in my early 40's and I have about 15 years of professional administrative work experience. The transition from a territory to the Mainland is a little bit difficult, but I am fluent in English, and I may have a little accent, but I am a very organized person and a quick learner, etc. I have the same problem getting my foot in the door here. I am a very hard working, self-starter and workaholic person and I currently reside in the San Bernardino County area. For those employers who need a professional full time or part time secretary or anything involving office work, please contact my other half via his email address. I appreciate this forum. Looking forward for all of us on here to get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ClarisaTee in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

I have the same problem, but it is just a matter of time before someone hires me on here. I am a very positive, hard working and a very organized person with more than 15 years of administrative or secretarial work. My resume will speak for itself. Employers can reach me via my friend's email address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

alma1925. in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

40 months ago

I, need a partime postion or full as a secretarial position or clerk typist is what I am trained for and like
to do the most.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in Kingston, Jamaica

39 months ago

Winnie its going to harder getting a part-time job now knowingly that you closer to retirement age companies are reluctant in employing you why not earn at your own pace and at home with jobs online. Try it you might enjoy it. Network Winnie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in Kingston, Jamaica

39 months ago

Winnie its going to be hard getting a part-time job now knowingly that you are closer to retirement age companies are reluctant in employing you why not earn at your own pace and at home with jobs online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Harris in Kent, United Kingdom

29 months ago

I am in the same position.

I was made redundant in June 2010 after 11 years and finding really hard to get a small part time job.

I have the qualifications but they don't seem to be enough!
Not being big headed but I'm more than an 'apprentice' so feel that I should not have to go back 'to basics' as in doing so I am depriving someone of school/college age who wants to work

Becky in Lansing, Michigan

12 months ago

I totally understand your problem. I retired from one job & took some time off. Now I'm looking too but no one seems to want to hire "experienced" & "mature" employees anymore. One place where you might be able to find something in your area is on a website called Retirementjobs.com. They have postings for part time and full time. You can also set up to have them automatically send you emails when jobs are posted in the area you specify. I hope this helps.

cattoys in Eastpointe, Michigan

11 months ago

Winnie in Redmond, Washington said: I lost my full time position. I am over fifty and am having a difficult time finding a part-time job. How can I find a part time job other than jobs listed on interent or networking? How do I get my foot in the door

((Good LUck Winnie. I was forced to retire at age 68 & I have the same problem. I couldnt afford to retire & I was doing the job just fine!)) cc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cattoys to becky in landing in Eastpointe, Michigan

11 months ago

thanks
. I will try that site. I couldnt afford to retire at age 68 but I was forced to retire, now I am looking & I know what you mean about no one wanting to hire "mature' employees.

cjwilker in Live Oak, Florida

2 months ago

Ashlee said: I am looking for the same thing. Every search I do is investments....I just want to job not my on bussiness....can anyone help me????

Same here - previous job 24 years, now overqualified?????

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.