What do you enjoy most about your office assistant career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an office assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary

92 months ago

I enjoy the challenges my boss gives me by giving me assignments that let my creativity and organizational skills flow.
I work in a busy real estate office and love keeping a whole office of people happy by helping them out with whatever they need done.
I guess there's not anything I don't like about being an office assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DVKnight in New Orleans, Louisiana

83 months ago

What I love most about being a professional Office Assistant is the never ending stream of different assignments. It's the diversity in handling and solving new challenges for my Clients and watching them take over and run their business with pride and proficiency that I enjoy the most.

Especially here in the New Orleans area, many, many small business owners have had to start over. They have lost vital business records. I have they pleasure of assisting them get back on their feet in an organized way.

Sometimes I charge less than I should, but that's the joy of owning your own business, too. When you can cut someone a deal...just to help them out with your knowledge and experience...it's a gratifying, heart warming thing to do.

I know this "business assistant" topic thread is old. I hope someone reads this and picks the topic back up.

Being an office assistant full time and accepting the different challenges can be difficult for some more than others.

We should stick together and try to help each other out with suggestions and tips. Please feel free to write back with any questions or concerns you may have. If for nothing else than the fact that it might help someone out along the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisadsutter@yahoo.com in Corpus Christi, Texas

81 months ago

What skills does it take to be an office assistant? I am looking to get into this field and out of retail management? What is the normal pay scale?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ahmed awadalseed in Khartoum, Sudan

78 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being an office assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

becoz i like challenges

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.