Salary (Base and Commission) for Account Executive for Document Legal Support

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

MrsNLynah in South Plainfield, New Jersey

46 months ago

I am considering a position with a firm that provides document management services consisting of forensics, electronic discovery, online repository, and consulting services. I have experience on the technical support/training side of this type of service but not on sales. This company is willing to take a chance on my jumping to the other side. I need to get back to them with what I feel would be a fair base salary while during training. After I become more comfortable as well as knowledgeable about their services and secure my first contract, I would then need to renegotiate my base pay and commission. I just have no idea where to start and could use some advise. I would appreciate your advise and any pointers you can share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Earl the Pearl in Simpsonville, South Carolina

46 months ago

IF you do not have any sale experience at all I would tell you to step back and pick another field to brake into the sales game. I am a season vet with over 30 years experience and over 500 companies to see too. The document management service is not easy to sell. You first year in any sale postion is very hard. If you like making calls face to face and taking care of problems. You will be fine. As far as salary for a new rep that is pretty well set for a new rep.
That depends on how you have sold your self to the manager.
$30-35 base firt year. $40-$45 base second year.
The sales game has change a lot in the last three years due what is going on in Washingtion. You can be the best sale person in the world companies must want to buy again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MrsNLynah in South Plainfield, New Jersey

46 months ago

Earl:

Thank you so very much for your feedback. I contacted some of the old salespeople that worked for my previous employer. Between you and them, I have gotten great advise and I see that my research has brought me along the same base salary. I am going to take a stab at this and believe that I have a good game plan. I do know that I will need mentoring and will tackle that after I complete the negotiation on this partition. Fortunately, I will be keeping my present job while working and learning this new position. Thanks again!!!

Earl the Pearl in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: IF you do not have any sale experience at all I would tell you to step back and pick another field to brake into the sales game. I am a season vet with over 30 years experience and over 500 companies to see too. The document management service is not easy to sell. You first year in any sale postion is very hard. If you like making calls face to face and taking care of problems. You will be fine. As far as salary for a new rep that is pretty well set for a new rep.
That depends on how you have sold your self to the manager.
$30-35 base firt year. $40-$45 base second year.
The sales game has change a lot in the last three years due what is going on in Washingtion. You can be the best sale person in the world companies must want to buy again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.