Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are typical php developer salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

smoove in Troy, MI

94 months ago

Check out www.indeed.com/salary, although take this with a grain of salt. As my friend said, who the hell is paying that much?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Guy Incognito in Chandler, Arizona

92 months ago

That much? That seems low.

A good friend of mine works as a PHP developer and his starting salary was $124,000. I make more than that, but I only do freelance work. And another friend of mine just got offered a position at $95,000 with a $15,000 signing bonus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Madison Heights, Michigan

92 months ago

I guess it depends on where you're located, experience, company, etc. I too am from the Detroit Metro area, and don't know anyone paying close to those amounts. I make decent money, but no where close to to the $100k+ figures they apparently pay in Arizona.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garrett Albright in Arcata, California

91 months ago

$124,000? One hundred twenty four thousand dollars? Man, I'd gladly make a quarter of that to do what I'm basically doing now for free. Someone hire me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dwikristianto in Jakarta, Indonesia

87 months ago

Guy Incognito in Chandler, Arizona said: That much? That seems low.

A good friend of mine works as a PHP developer and his starting salary was $124,000. I make more than that, but I only do freelance work. And another friend of mine just got offered a position at $95,000 with a $15,000 signing bonus.

hi all,

i'm new in here, and i come from indonesia.
so forgive me for my bad english.

i would like to ask about $124k, is that per month salary or per year salary ?
sorry, i'm not american.

for any responses and attentions, i would like to say thank you in advance.

regards,
:dwi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Helpful Hints in Denver, Colorado

63 months ago

I think a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chad in Ada, Ohio

63 months ago

Wow, looks like all the PHP jobs are out west. I'm in OH and making less than 40k as a PHP dev. So not fair. I only have 2 years exp though.

I took a class on ASP.Net and hated it with my entire being. I chose PHP to be my web dev forte. Then I get out of school and microsoft web programming garbage is everywhere in this state.

So my question is, I see PHP/Linux environment seems to be making strides out west, do you think it is on the rise everywhere, finally to sit with ASP.Stupid?

boondogle in Madison, Wisconsin

60 months ago

Hey Chad,

I have been developing PHP applications for about eight years now and I have to say that ASP.Net is pretty damn awesome comparatively. It's far more organized and its OO feature set is more fleshed out. I had the opportunity to develop e-commerce in ASP.Net C# and I was lovin' it.

I would dare say ASP.Net C# is the bee's knees. And, typically a .NET developer is going to make a lot more scratch than his PHP counterpart.

chad in Waynesfield, Ohio

60 months ago

boondogle in Madison, Wisconsin said: Hey Chad,
I had the opportunity to develop e-commerce in ASP.Net C# and I was lovin' it.

I bet if I got to use C# instead of stupid VB I would have liked it more. If the syntax is similar to C or PHP's I bet I would do fine. My next worry though, as a designer, do i have to think within the box and use certain tools, or can I design a page in divs with CSS without using the .Net tools?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.