What are typical patient care coordinator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

196 in Middlefield, Connecticut

86 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

$13 minimum to $15 an hour maximum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ME in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

I am a Patient Coordinator in Houston TX. I Have only been working in this field for 7 months now. I started at $15 an hour, but now make $18. I received a raise when they noticed that I was booking more and more surgeries for them. The more money you make them, the more you will be compensated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ME in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

ME in Houston, Texas said: I am a Patient Coordinator in Houston TX. I Have only been working in this field for 7 months now. I started at $15 an hour, but now make $18. I received a raise when they noticed that I was booking more and more surgeries for them. The more money you make them, the more you will be compensated.

I forgot to add that I work in Plastic Surgery, so already the salaries tend to be hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

april w. in Woodridge, Illinois

80 months ago

I was earning 21.50/hour plus 2.5% commission as a coordinator in a plastic surgery office near chicago. So, it really vaires by area and specialty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jazz in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

I'm an LVN. Am I eligible to become a Patient Care Coordinator? (I know you have to be an R.N. to become a Certified Case Manager.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

susan in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

april w. in Woodridge, Illinois said: I was earning 21.50/hour plus 2.5% commission as a coordinator in a plastic surgery office near chicago. So, it really vaires by area and specialty.

how'd you find the job? did it require special skills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in San Marcos, California

76 months ago

susan in Chicago, Illinois said: how'd you find the job? did it require special skills?

I worked in Texas as a PCC and made 20hr...i've worked in Beverly Hills and made salary base 65K plus commissions of 3%. I've worked in San Diego and made $15hr and 3.5% and now work in La Jolla and make 50k base and up to 3.5%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in San Marcos, California

76 months ago

oh i forgot all in plastic surgery

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Newport Beach, California

67 months ago

Is it a common practice to pay comission to PCC? I've heard that in plastic surgery,or other related medical field, it is not ethical to pay commision.
I'm very interested in becoming a PCC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcat in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

shaziahmama: You should check your spelling and proper grammar before trying to correct someone else's mistakes. Jealousy doesn't get you anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Boston, Massachusetts

55 months ago

How do you find PCC job in plastic surgery if their are none posted in your area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

My Nanas House in Durham, North Carolina

51 months ago

Rachel in Boston, Massachusetts said: How do you find PCC job in plastic surgery if their are none posted in your area?

Send resumes to us for position in your area.
William Bethea CTO
My Nana's House
www.mynanashousenc.com
will@mynanashousenc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessey in Anchorage, Alaska

50 months ago

My Nanas House in Durham, North Carolina said: Send resumes to us for position in your area.
William Bethea CTO
My Nana's House
www.mynanashousenc.com
will@mynanashousenc.com

Hi,
I've just found this site.
I would love to work as a PCC - hopefully I am moving to California in Feb 2011 with my husband.
You mention in your post to send resumes "for positions in your area". Forgive me, how does that work please? I am grateful for any advice you can give me...
In anticipation, thanks so much...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Slice in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

I am an employer at a plastic surgery office in Houston, TX, looking to hire a patient coordinator. To answer your questions, yes some cosmetic / plastic surgery companies pay a lot more than others, a top earner can make six figures, but you would have to be a superstar. The skills include sales understanding what the physician wants, and ability to manage the patient experience. Hope that helps,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Trixie in Fort Myers, Florida

44 months ago

Slice in Houston, Texas said: I am an employer at a plastic surgery office in Houston, TX, looking to hire a patient coordinator. To answer your questions, yes some cosmetic / plastic surgery companies pay a lot more than others, a top earner can make six figures, but you would have to be a superstar. The skills include sales understanding what the physician wants, and ability to manage the patient experience. Hope that helps,

Slice in Houston,

I've been approached to do this from a bariatric doctor in TJ. We haven't talked figures yet but I wanted to have some idea to counter. I talked with a friend of mine who does sales and she said that 20% commission is normal. I think that's too high given the labor market in TJ. I was hoping you could guide me to something reasonable. I meet with them at the end of the week. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Veggie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

43 months ago

I work in Fort Lauderdale as a PC for the busiest plastic surgeon. I was hired at $18/hr and bumped to $25/hr when he realized I was a super star. I am very blessed to love my work very much. There are no additional comissions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Costa Mesa, California

41 months ago

Slice in Houston, Texas said: I am an employer at a plastic surgery office in Houston, TX, looking to hire a patient coordinator. To answer your questions, yes some cosmetic / plastic surgery companies pay a lot more than others, a top earner can make six figures, but you would have to be a superstar. The skills include sales understanding what the physician wants, and ability to manage the patient experience. Hope that helps,

I want to break into this field, but I have a bacholors in Marketing, and for the past 4 years I have been doing marketing and sales, what type of medical back ground do I need to get a position in a plastic surgeons office? Additional school or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Costa Mesa, California

41 months ago

ME in Houston, Texas said: I am a Patient Coordinator in Houston TX. I Have only been working in this field for 7 months now. I started at $15 an hour, but now make $18. I received a raise when they noticed that I was booking more and more surgeries for them. The more money you make them, the more you will be compensated.

what is your background, I'm trying to land a positon as a PC at a plastic surgeons office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Slice in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

Ellie in Costa Mesa, California said: I want to break into this field, but I have a bacholors in Marketing, and for the past 4 years I have been doing marketing and sales, what type of medical back ground do I need to get a position in a plastic surgeons office? Additional school or what?

You really don’t need a medical back ground, if you really want to get into the field try getting an opportunity at the front desk of a plastic surgery office and then move up. You have a solid foundation with your marketing and sales background. Many patient care coordinators start at the front office and are just too good to be at the front desk, so they are moved into a coordinating role. Hope this helps, we are currently in the process of looking for a front desk coordinator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Slice in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

Marketing & Business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Costa Mesa, California

41 months ago

Slice in Houston, Texas said: You really don’t need a medical back ground, if you really want to get into the field try getting an opportunity at the front desk of a plastic surgery office and then move up. You have a solid foundation with your marketing and sales background. Many patient care coordinators start at the front office and are just too good to be at the front desk, so they are moved into a coordinating role. Hope this helps, we are currently in the process of looking for a front desk coordinator.

Thank you, that helps alot!
I keep sending my resume out to see if one will bite and give me a chance, is that pretty much what I need to keep doing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Slice in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

ME in Houston, Texas said: I am a Patient Coordinator in Houston TX. I Have only been working in this field for 7 months now. I started at $15 an hour, but now make $18. I received a raise when they noticed that I was booking more and more surgeries for them. The more money you make them, the more you will be compensated.

I represent a high-end plastic surgery practice in Houston, TX. We are currently looking a patient coordinator to work with our team. Please send your resumes to logan@drvitenas.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Slice in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

Jazz in Houston, Texas said: I'm an LVN. Am I eligible to become a Patient Care Coordinator? (I know you have to be an R.N. to become a Certified Case Manager.)

I represent a high-end plastic surgery practice in Houston, TX. We are currently looking a patient coordinator to work with our team. Please send your resumes to logan@drvitenas.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

munchkin.0308@yahoo.com in Largo, Florida

36 months ago

Slice in Houston, Texas said: I am an employer at a plastic surgery office in Houston, TX, looking to hire a patient coordinator. To answer your questions, yes some cosmetic / plastic surgery companies pay a lot more than others, a top earner can make six figures, but you would have to be a superstar. The skills include sales understanding what the physician wants, and ability to manage the patient experience. Hope that helps,

since you are an employer in this field, can I ask a question, have you ever heard of a base salary of 13k, plus 2.5% commission??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

esthetician in colorado in Denver, Colorado

36 months ago

Hi I'm a new esthetician currently holding a colorado state license. Can anyone answer a few simple questions for me. Is it necessary to pay for laser training, or do skincare professionals prefer to train you themselves on their own equipment? To break into some sort of an assistant for a dermatoligist, plastic surgeon, or medical director at a medi-spa, do I need to futher my education by going to school for medical assisting? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Houston,TX in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

I am looking to start in this field but I do not have medical experience just yet (looking to go back to school soon for a LVN). I do however have 13 years of high end luxury sales and management experience. How would one word their resume so that it would sound attractive to potential employers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carpcosmetic in Akron, Ohio

34 months ago

A high-end plastic surgery practice in Akron/Canton, OH. We are currently looking a patient coordinator to work with our team. email drcarp@carpcosmetic.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beautynut in Benton, Arkansas

33 months ago

Hi All,
I am planning to move to Tampa, Florida in early May. It would be a dream job to work as a patient care coordinator for a plastic surgeon. I have a degree in Health Sciences and four years experience with the state police dealing with child abuse issues. I believe that I would be good at the job, but no idea where to look for that type of position. I would be more than happy to start as a receptionist, gofer girl,..anything just to get my foot in the door. Does anyone know how I would go about finding positions with plastic surgeons? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tt in Arlington, Texas

32 months ago

Jazz in Houston, Texas said: I'm an LVN. Am I eligible to become a Patient Care Coordinator ? (I know you have to be an R.N. to become a Certified Case Manager .)

No you do not have to be an RN some jobs will hire an LVN to fill the roll

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sr. Patient Care Coordinator in Mission Viejo, California

29 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?
Patient Care Coordinators are sometimes part offfice managers as well and ususally their base pay will reflect this. In California I've been paid min $50k-$60k base plus 3-3.5% commissions on everything sold. Also, coordinators usually will have a quaterly bonus of 2-5K if they hit their numbers. So a good PCC will make six figures no problem if he/she knows how to sell.

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?


need to stay up to date with the industry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

ME in Houston, Texas said: I forgot to add that I work in Plastic Surgery, so already the salaries tend to be hire.

I think you meant to say higher, the salary is higher.

I would suggest trying to find someone what will pay you on a percentage of surgery's booked and products sold (if any). There are Doctors out there who will agree to this pay scale, they are rare but they are out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosmetic Surgery Cetner in Chino hills, California

16 months ago

hi , We are hiring an experienced Patient Coordinator for our Cosmetic Surgery Center located in Chino Hills, CA.
if you are experienced patient coordinator near our location , please email your resume to slk350rpv@gmail.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyky in Boca Raton, Florida

6 months ago

Veggie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I work in Fort Lauderdale as a PC for the busiest plastic surgeon. I was hired at $18/ hr and bumped to $25/hr when he realized I was a super star. I am very blessed to love my work very much. There are no additional comissions

Hi, I am in south beach and have been an Esthetician for over 20 yrs. I am looking to work for a plastic surgeon as a CC. Is there any special schooling I need? Also, I would love it if you know of a doctor I can send my resume to that is in Miami beach, thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyky in Boca Raton, Florida

6 months ago

Hi, I am in south beach and have been an Esthetician for over 20 yrs. I am looking to work for a plastic surgeon as a CC. Is there any special schooling I need? Also, I would love it if you know of a doctor I can send my resume to that is in Miami beach, thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.