Getting a patient care technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 65)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

How did you get your start doing patient care technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Lovely Lucien in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

Im in school right now for Patient Care Technician, but I really want to know how much they pay and how did I get my start doing patient care technician work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Jackson-Duggans in Villa Rica, Georgia

73 months ago

I am new to the area and am having a hard time finding a PCT job...any suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

PCT in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

Clueless in Jacksonville, Florida said: What school are you attending in Jax, FL? May I ask.. Do you think Concorde Career Institute is a good school for PCT training?

I ATTEND CONCORDE CAREER INST. AND MY INSTRUCTOR IS WONDERFUL! GOING THERE IS GOING TO COST YOU ALMOST 9,000.OO AND ALMOST 5,000 EVEN WITH A FULL GRANT. IT IS A 6 MONTH PROGRAM AND GOES BY FAST. CLINICALS ARE ONE MONTH AND THAT IS YOUR SIXTH MONTH IN THE PROGRAM. I DONT LIKE THERE ISNT ENOUGH SUPPLIES IN THE LAB. OTHER THAN THAT I ENJOY IT VERY MUCH SO, IT GOES BY FAST AND IS HANDS ON. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ANY OTHER QUESTIONS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Clueless in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

Thank you, PCT Student for answer my previor question? You don't mine if I ask you some more questions.... When will you be graduate? And do think would you be able to find a job easily after your graduate...Let me know...I will be approciate it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

I.C. in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

Does anyone in the NYC area knows how/where a new pct grad can get
experience..Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

I.C. in Brooklyn, New York said: Does anyone in the NYC area knows how/where a new pct grad can get
experience..Thank you

Where did you graduate from allen school in bk?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TB in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York said: Where did you graduate from allen school in bk?

NO....NY MEDICAL IN FLUSHING QUEENS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

TB in Brooklyn, New York said: NO....NY MEDICAL IN FLUSHING QUEENS

Did you have any luck with your job search, im thinking of taking pct course in allen school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Good to go in Port Orange, Florida

39 months ago

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York said: Did you have any luck with your job search, im thinking of taking pct course in allen school.

Does anyone know if there are any PCT jobs in the Daytona, FL area.

anne in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

A good PCT in Dallas is Dallas Career Institute Call ask for Anne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BROOKLYN11 in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

@TB IN BROOKLYN
I TOO HAVE GRADUATED FROM PCT AND CAN'T FIND A JOB HAVE U HAD ANY LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

BROOKLYN11 in Brooklyn, New York said: @TB IN BROOKLYN
I TOO HAVE GRADUATED FROM PCT AND CAN'T FIND A JOB HAVE U HAD ANY LUCK

Where did you graduate, i was thinking about taking a pct course, but if there are no openings for that job, i dont think so.

TB in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York said: Where did you graduate, i was thinking about taking a pct course, but if there are no openings for that job, i dont think so.

Not as yet...everyone need experience...I will let you know and you do the same

brooklyn11 in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

i graduated from daisley institute in brooklyn

TB in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

@brooklyn 11 did you find a job as a pct

36 months ago

no not yet everyone wants a year experience but beth israel is always hiring if i just go down to 555 w 57 st and drop off your resume

36 months ago

did u get anything

TB in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

No..not yet but I will go thanks Tuesday...thanks...did you get anything

36 months ago

@tb do u have cpr and where and how much did it cost

TB in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

At kareful and karefree training school for $70

36 months ago

thanks did u go on tuesday

TB in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

I submit it on line...did you get anything

36 months ago

no not yet there is this agency call tact staffing they hire but they need cpr so thats what i am trying to do but with beth israel i suggest u go down there also and submit a resume in person to them u know any other place where i can do cpr i just called the one u gave me they said june which is really to long for me

36 months ago

i would suggest going their and submitting one in person too do u know any other place to take cpr training that one next class starts in june

TB in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

Do they need experience.......im trying to put the # for the guy that does the CPR but it's not going through

36 months ago

no they just need u with the certificate cause i went there put in my app they called me the next week for a interview u also have to take a math and reading comprehension i really thought i did good on both but i passed the math and failed the reading and trust me it was easy i guess i was paying more attention to the math than the reading so now i have to wait a year to apply again

36 months ago

For cpr try the red cross of new york, they seem to have class of cpr this month. Here is a link. Thanks brooklyn11 very helpful information.

classes.redcross.org/Saba/Web/Main/goto/showMap?zipcode=11221&category=CPR/AED&startDate=2011-04-28&endDate=2011-05-31&radi=25&language=English&delivery=

36 months ago

i want something not too expensive u know i'm not working me paying 85 is a little steep

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

link is bad, just go to red cross of new york

TB in Brooklyn, New York

36 months ago

brooklyn11 in Brooklyn, New York said: no they just need u with the certificate cause i went there put in my app they called me the next week for a interview u also have to take a math and reading comprehension i really thought i did good on both but i passed the math and failed the reading and trust me it was easy i guess i was paying more attention to the math than the reading so now i have to wait a year to apply again

What's their address

36 months ago

Beth isreal was going to hire you with no experience as a pct or another job title... like patient care assistant or cna. I was going to go to allen school for training but i researched and found out that finanical aid wouldnt cover their expensive tution. I want to just do a pct course not cna and pct... any help thanks all.

36 months ago

@ icelily20 as a pca

35 months ago

@tb in brooklyn did u ever go to beth israel i just got a job offer at new york presbreyterian as a PCT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

@icelily20 beth israel PCA stands for patient care associate it is just another title for PCT

35 months ago

brooklyn11 in Brooklyn, New York said: @icelily20 beth israel PCA stands for patient care associate it is just another title for PCT

GRatz on your new job hope it goes well, so your going to be a pca in nyp? You dont have experience. Im thinking of going to daisely institue, what was your progam there.

35 months ago

thanx as a pct yeah as a cna not as a pct they wanted someone with one year exp as a cna who just finished the ekg & phlebotomy

35 months ago

i did the cna there in 09 then i went back this jan and did ekg and phel some people do everthing one time as pct they are pretty resonable

TB in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

brooklyn11 in Brooklyn, New York said: i did the cna there in 09 then i went back this jan and did ekg and phel some people do everthing one time as pct they are pretty resonable

I WENT TO NYP..THEY TOLD ME TO GO ONLINE. ARE THEY TAKING YOU AS A PCT?

35 months ago

yes i'm going to be drawing blood doing ekg and blood pressure plus everything a CNA does and yes u have to apply on line did u ever go to beth israel and also do u have exp as a CNA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TB in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

I didn't get to go there as yet but I'm on nip site now and I do have some hospital experience as cna

35 months ago

how many years cause i say them hiring for icu techs u must have two years exp as a CNA mostly in a hospital with ekg and phlebotomy maybe u can skim through and see if u find it, it was last month later part check it out and good luck

TB in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

Im a new grad only a few months..you have years experience

35 months ago

oh but try to go to BI medical center and see

34 months ago

nyp is hiring CNA it says just to have passed the training. PCA is a cna right? So why not just work as a cna in a hospital then pct. Seems the same. Any opinions thanks.

debbiej in Carrollton, Georgia

34 months ago

Michelle Jackson-Duggans in Villa Rica, Georgia said: I am new to the area and am having a hard time finding a PCT job...any suggestions

I live here in Carrollton I can't find a PCT job either. Piedmont newnan hospital uses us a lot but right now they don't have any openings. good luck. hope you find something soon. I am currently looking for myself.

She2ha in Powder Springs, Georgia

28 months ago

debbiej in Carrollton, Georgia said: I live here in Carrollton I can't find a PCT job either. Piedmont newnan hospital uses us a lot but right now they don't have any openings. good luck. hope you find something soon. I am currently looking for myself.

I live in Powder Springs and looking for a pct job. Did you ever get one? Where did you go to school and what association did you get certified through?

VHM22 in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

Was thinking about attending the Allen school in Bk for med. Assistant total tuition is about 16600. Just want to know if anyone has attended or graduated from there and how there experience was. Did they get you a job as promised. Thank you. Your comments are highly appreciated! Thank you

Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Does anyone know how to get a PCT job in NYC?

Janeanne in Kershaw, South Carolina

24 months ago

Where in South Carolina can you take this training? I had a CNA license for 2 years, but I let it expire, as I could not get in anywhere to get the needed hours for retention. If you have taken and passed the CNA will they hire you as a PCT? I went to Davita and Fresenius-both do on the job training, and I haven't been hired.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.