dialysis tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Betty Hughes in Durham, North Carolina

34 months ago

Hello have you been to the clinics there and apply for a job before going to that school. alot of the clinics will train you. The pay varies, depending on your experience. but it's a good field to be in, if you love patients an a passionate person. I've been in Dialysis for 8 ys.and I stop working for personal problems, but I'm back to normal an that's by the Grace of God,I've a interview Tuesday.Check online also for location of the clinics, it's wise to go there in person. Keep in touch.God love you.Betty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jesusrock0528 in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

thanks Betty, praise God for your health improvement...I have apply to davita and another one but they never called me back, i have work as a medical assistant and also have a diploma in the field but it's really hard and they all want you to be certify,im just tired of waiting for jobs to call u, i feel like it's alot better if i went to a school and got certify and that way they have no excuses.lol....but im staying hopeful to God..many thanks again, happy holidays...God Bless you as well
good luck with interview, let me know how it went...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thank you for your blessings I'll be praying for you as well,that God opens a door for you, and I know he'll because we have a Good God he makes no mistakes just don't worry something will come through. Go online and find the location of some clinics there, and follow-up on them, call them and inquire about the job. Just keep the faith and truth in God, I'll look online here as well, so you live in Atlanta Ga.? I'll forward you some web site to apply send me your E-Mail, do you have a Resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

THANKS BETTY, SORRY, HVENT HAD TIME LATELY, BEEN WRKING THIS SEASONAL JOB, YOU KNW, GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO, BUT ANYWAYS, I DO LIVE IN MARIETTA GA, AND HVE LOOKED UP SOME CLINICS ON GOOGLE, SO TOMORROW 12/7/2011 I SHULD BE CALLING THEM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BECAUSE I REALLY DONT WANT TO PAY 1300 FOR A SCHOOL IF I DONT HVE TO, I MEAN IF I CAN GET TRAIN FOR FREE....YOU KNW, MONEY DONT COME EASY THESE DAYS...OH YEAH I WAS WONDERING, CAN DIALYSIS TECH WORK OVERNIGHT? IM PRAYING BETTY, THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYS AS WELL, I BELIEVE THAT AT THE RIGHT TIME, THINGS WILL HAPPEN...STAY BLESS MY SISTER!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Hi My Sista, Make show you tell the clinic that you're certified, and willing to learn,Oh yea! you know we got to do what we got to do, but keep checking around, I had a interview today, they will let me know if I got the job in a couple of days, so i hope all is well here. I'll let you know what is going on here. so keep in touch and I'll keep you in my prayers. Be bless and we'll talk soon. Betty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

hey Betty, long time, just wanted to keep in touch, hve you start work yet, oh yeah, im starting dialysis school tomorrow. most clinics wants you to hve a certification.so im going to school for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Hi Atlanta,Well I'm working but I'm working at Family Dollar store as assistant manager, just got tried of waiting to hear from them, needed to work asap, if you know what I mean. I hope yu well with your school, I believe in God and I know everything will work in favor of God for both of us, Pls. keep in touch and keep me in your prayers, God bless you and I'll keep you in my prayers as well. Put God first in all you do! Yur sista Betty!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kristopher aries 1573 in Athens, Georgia

31 months ago

jesusrock0528 in Atlanta, Georgia said: hey Betty, long time, just wanted to keep in touch, hve you start work yet, oh yeah, im starting dialysis school tomorrow. most clinics wants you to hve a certification.so im going to school for it.

Hi there,

I was wondering what school are you attending @ jesusrock0528? I am very interested in trying to find a school in regards to dialysis techinician schooling? I am a CMA/CNA and have like 336 hospital & fire dept clinical rotations b/c i went to school for EMT. Thx for your time and stay blessed...

Kristopher :o)

Mousecat in Norcross, Georgia

30 months ago

I am starting Dialysis school at the end of the month! I am thrilled, I have been in and out of work for the past 2 years as Project Manager. I am 55 yr old and so ready for a new start! What is the job market in the ATL area once I complete school and clinicals? I have a Associates in Art and am told that will be taken into consideration when I sit for the Boards.

30 months ago

Mousecat in Norcross, Georgia said: I am starting Dialysis school at the end of the month! I am thrilled, I have been in and out of work for the past 2 years as Project Manager. I am 55 yr old and so ready for a new start! What is the job market in the ATL area once I complete school and clinicals? I have a Associates in Art and am told that will be taken into consideration when I sit for the Boards.

It seems kinda hard with the job marketing over here in athens, ga. However, I am gonna continue to keep searching. Congrats on starting Dialysis training. How long is the program?

Mousecatsmom in Norcross, Georgia

30 months ago

My program is 12 weeks and 4weeks in clinicals. Have you found a job in Atlens? When did you take your training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

kristopher aries 1573 in Athens, Georgia said: Hi there,

I was wondering what school are you attending @ jesusrock0528? I am very interested in trying to find a school in regards to dialysis techinician schooling? I am a CMA/CNA and have like 336 hospital & fire dept clinical rotations b/c i went to school for EMT. Thx for your time and stay blessed...

Kristopher :o)

im sorry it took so long for a reply, i tried a few time to send a reply but it wont post...anyways, im attending this school call metro medical training center located in smyrna ga...and it about 4 weeks in the class and 180 hours clinicals

30 months ago

Mousecatsmom in Norcross, Georgia said: My program is 12 weeks and 4weeks in clinicals. Have you found a job in Atlens? When did you take your training?

I haven't had the training yet b/c I'm still doing the research to where i want to attend the dialysis training. However, I have found a school in winder, ga which is 25 minutes away from me and they told me the program is about 12 weeks in class and 4 weeks in the clinical setting. Which. They say the program is about $5,500.

Mousecatsmom in Norcross, Georgia

30 months ago

Malik College is 3 grand if you are cash pay. There is also a south in Calhoune GA and it is a mere 1600.00. They are an hour and 15 minute ride one way for me. I know I can't do it unless WIA picks the cost up. I have been in and out of work for over 2 years. Wishing you well.

chopton in Canton, Georgia

25 months ago

Mousecat in Norcross, Georgia said: I am starting Dialysis school at the end of the month! I am thrilled, I have been in and out of work for the past 2 years as Project Manager. I am 55 yr old and so ready for a new start! What is the job market in the ATL area once I complete school and clinicals? I have a Associates in Art and am told that will be taken into consideration when I sit for the Boards.

Hi Mouscat! I'm looking into taking the Dialysis course at Metro Medical and wanted to know what your experience was like and what your job outcome was after taking the course. I am also a career changer (in mid 40's) and have my CNA and CMA. I really want to work in Dialysis and am trying to decide the BEST and LEAST expensive route to get my foot in the door. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
carin

Jesusrock0528 in Helmetta, New Jersey

25 months ago

Hey chopton in canton Ga, im posting this comment to save u the headace, metro medical in smyrna ga run by mrs. london is the worst. I pay 1300 for the school dince march I finished, my classmate and I have not been call for clinicals. She claim to have a clinicals contract with davita but its all lies. I have been calling but she wont return any of my calls. Theres other classes before us who have not been call for clinicsls as well. Save ur money and time.i wish someone would hve warned me.

Jesusrock0528 in Helmetta, New Jersey

25 months ago

Im in class was rushing, I live in marietta, not sure why, it says new jersey. But pls forgive my misspell words. I can give u more details later about that horrible school.

chopton in Canton, Georgia

25 months ago

Thanks so much....I'll look forward to hearing about your experience. I have not enrolled yet as I was concerned about the quality. Thanks!

bernadette hudson in Fort Worth, Texas

19 months ago

Hey guys,

I'm a recruiter with US Renal Care and I need PCT's with dialysis experience in Valdosta and Dalton. If you guys have your certs. and are looking. Please contact me. I might be able to help you with a job. You do need to be flexible with days and shifts though.

Bernadette Hudson
bhudson@usrenalcare.com

Betty in Durham, North Carolina

19 months ago

jesusrock0528 in Atlanta, Georgia said: THANKS BETTY, SORRY, HVENT HAD TIME LATELY, BEEN WRKING THIS SEASONAL JOB, YOU KNW, GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO, BUT ANYWAYS, I DO LIVE IN MARIETTA GA, AND HVE LOOKED UP SOME CLINICS ON GOOGLE , SO TOMORROW 12/7/2011 I SHULD BE CALLING THEM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BECAUSE I REALLY DONT WANT TO PAY 1300 FOR A SCHOOL IF I DONT HVE TO, I MEAN IF I CAN GET TRAIN FOR FREE....YOU KNW, MONEY DONT COME EASY THESE DAYS...OH YEAH I WAS WONDERING, CAN DIALYSIS TECH WORK OVERNIGHT? IM PRAYING BETTY, THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYS AS WELL, I BELIEVE THAT AT THE RIGHT TIME, THINGS WILL HAPPEN...STAY BLESS MY SISTER!!!

Hey my Sister, haven't heard from you, how's the work going? How have you been?

Jesusrocks0528 in Norcross, Georgia

19 months ago

@Betty in Durham, North Carolina
Hey Betty, I'm alive, thanks for asking, how are you doing?
The school I told you about was a scam, I pay 1300 for dialysis training, all the promises the owner promised, she never came through on it, as of right now, it's about to be a year since I completed the in class session, and have yet to be in clinicals rotation, I call, she never returned any of my calls. I just wished someone would've warned me about that school. I wasted my money, time, and energy, something I can't get back. But I'm in school now, taking prereq towards my nursing. I also just completed a cna training, so I have to go take the state exam next month, hopefully that will help me get a job. I hope all is well with you as well. How's the job? email me whenever you can....yebujalloh@aol.com

sunshine09 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

19 months ago

Jesusrocks0528 in Norcross, Georgia said: @Betty in Durham, North Carolina
Hey Betty, I'm alive, thanks for asking, how are you doing?
The school I told you about was a scam, I pay 1300 for dialysis training, all the promises the owner promised, she never came through on it, as of right now, it's about to be a year since I completed the in class session, and have yet to be in clinicals rotation, I call, she never returned any of my calls. I just wished someone would've warned me about that school. I wasted my money, time, and energy , something I can't get back. But I'm in school now, taking prereq towards my nursing. I also just completed a cna training, so I have to go take the state exam next month, hopefully that will help me get a job. I hope all is well with you as well. How's the job? email me whenever you can....yebujalloh@aol.com

@Jesusrocks0528 thank you so much for taking the time to post about Metro Medical Training Center in Smyrna. I was going to call them today about the accelerated medical assistant training. I've been searching since yesterday for reviews on the school. Looking at their Facebook page it looks legit and it appears everyone are getting jobs. I knew there had to be more to it for such a low cost and fast training. They're offering 5-day medical assistant training for $699. I'm a CNA and I'm looking for a job that will pay a little more. I don't have money to waste at all, so thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Jesusrocks0528 in Norcross, Georgia

19 months ago

@sunshine09, my dear please do yourself the favor and stay away from metro medical run by ms. London in Smyrna...I can't even stressed it enough how all they r after is your money. All the people from my class since last year march have not been put in clinicals. I wish there were more people doing reviews on that school. Before going there, I look for reviews but there were none. Medical assistant everywhere is a nine month course, I did medical assistant back in 2007. I know cna pays low for the amount of work but if you want to stay in healthcare try for the lpn or rn program. I just did my cna so that I can find a pt job while attending school ft for nursing. medical assistant is a waste of time and money as well. I try to take short cuts in the healthcare field and now realize that its best to just go to school for nursing.Please stay away from metro medical training in Smyrna run by ms. london

hopeful RN in Mableton, Georgia

18 months ago

Omg, thank you so much for posting about metro. I called and spoke to someone a few days about the class that started this week and was given all this wonderful info about how over 80% of the people who go through the program get jobs with Davita. Good luck.

Jesusrocks0528 in Lithonia, Georgia

18 months ago

hopeful RN in Mableton, Georgia said: Omg, thank you so much for posting about metro. I called and spoke to someone a few days about the class that started this week and was given all this wonderful info about how over 80% of the people who go through the program get jobs with Davita. Good luck.

@hopeful RN....please my dear fine another school that is fully accredited, metro medical training is a joke, they will promised you all these lies about 80% of the class gets jobs with davita, but wait until you've paid them and can't find clinical site. They will tell you that you have to find a site not them. I have a letter here that they send because I kept calling and telling them to find me a site, in the letter, they stated that I was told that I have to find my own site. Honey trust me, it's not worth it. The school is very bad, you have to do the reading and learning on your own. I wish you can talked to some of the people that went there. I will continue to warned people because my 1300 just went for free. A lot of other people as well. She's a fraud and someday, she will get what's coming to her. There were another person here who had said that metro medical promised them a 5 day medical assistant class, now that doesn't even sound legal or legit, everywhere medical assistant course is 9 months. When something sound too good to be true that because it isn't. Do your research. BE WARNED, STAY AWAY....I completed a medical assistant course and it took me about 10 months not 5 days...

New Dialysis Tech!!!Help Help!!!! in Stone Mountain, Georgia

16 months ago

Hi World!!!
Please help me !!!I will be graduating on May 29.from Dialysis Tech school..I need some big help finding a job and a paid training internship!fresenius. Says I need a pct ...All I have is a cna license and and no experience. In this field ..The crazy school I'm going to promised us a internship at Davita and as of right now thats a no go!!please if you guys have any leads please let me know!!!Thanks!!!

candy in Mount Prospect, Illinois

16 months ago

There are schools who have hands on clinical. My friend graduated from Jethro School in Illinois and she already took the Board Exam and got hired.

She did not go for internship after graduation but she told me they have to go for clinical in a dialysis center before graduating.

candy in Mount Prospect, Illinois

16 months ago

You should find a school that have clinical hands on or else you could not take the Board Exam.

If you are here in Illinois, there is a school named Jethro School - they are also BONENT accredited, I graduated from this school last 2008 and now working as Dialysis Tech in one of the known hospital in Chicago. At the time, I took the CCHT Board Exam.

My other friend, she just graduated there last March and she will take her board this June.

Hope you could find a school with clinical.

Job123 in Acworth, Georgia

13 months ago

Jesusrocks0528 in Norcross, Georgia said: @sunshine09, my dear please do yourself the favor and stay away from metro medical run by ms. London in Smyrna...I can't even stressed it enough how all they r after is your money. All the people from my class since last year march have not been put in clinicals. I wish there were more people doing reviews on that school. Before going there, I look for reviews but there were none. Medical assistant everywhere is a nine month course, I did medical assistant back in 2007. I know cna pays low for the amount of work but if you want to stay in healthcare try for the lpn or rn program. I just did my cna so that I can find a pt job while attending school ft for nursing. medical assistant is a waste of time and money as well. I try to take short cuts in the healthcare field and now realize that its best to just go to school for nursing.Please stay away from metro medical training in Smyrna run by ms. london

@jeasusrocks0528 I agree with you, Metro Medical training Center in Smyrna GA is a complete joke and waste of your money. I finished my classroom training as Dialysis Tech in March of this year and still waiting for clinical's that should have taken place three weeks after classroom training. Once your done with your classroom training your on your own to find clinical sites and a job.... I've called everywhere and applied to every Dialysis Tech postings that I've seen but no one wants to hire me b/c of the lack of experience. STAY AWAY FROM METRO MEDICAL CENTER!!!!

tysonal1 in lilburn, Georgia

2 months ago

Can anybody tell me the starting pay for a PCT at Fresenius with no exp.thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.