Patient Care Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Roz in Detroit, Michigan

35 months ago

Is there anyone who has taken the state Patient Care Technician exam in the state of Michigan? I'd really appreciate any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barb Whittler in Southfield, Michigan

35 months ago

I took the test in 2010, got 85. you need 70 percent to pass , wasn't bad mainly phlebotomy and ekg strip questions, p.s. know you tube tops for phlebotomy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hughes in Durham, North Carolina

35 months ago

I'm a little confused here, I live in North Carolina, and tell me the CCHT exam which is Certified for Dialysis P.C.T.and on the exam there's question about phlebotomy and ekg strip on the exam? Have anybody taken the Bonnet OR THE CCHT exam in North Carolina? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beauty Or Bust Payton in Norcross, Georgia

30 months ago

Im currently researching CNA/Patient Care Tech programs in the Metro Detroit Area. I came across HEATLH CARE SOLUTIONS located in Detroit. Has ANYONE attended there program? Can you tell me about your experience attending this school?

Also, If I was to attend a CNA program followed by EKG and Phlebotomy, BLS/AED could I sit for the Patient Care Tech NATIONAL certification test? Reason being, most schools in my area don't offer PCT programs, but offer CNA,EKG, BLS/AED and Phlebotomy for a discounted rate if taken back to back. I was told by a school rep I could. Just wanted to know if anyone has taken this route.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated..THANX!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beauty Or Bust Payton in Detroit, Michigan

30 months ago

Roz in Detroit, Michigan said: Is there anyone who has taken the state Patient Care Technician exam in the state of Michigan? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Hi Roz,
I havent taken the exam but wanted to know if you have as of yet. I see you posted some months ago. Also what PCT program didi you attend and how was you experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Roz

30 months ago

Hi, well I did take the test & failed. I took the regular PCT without Dialysis @ a school that I honestly refuse to recommend. They was horrible! Taught mainly CNA to point that we didn't even know what to study for the exam. I did get my license for CNA & HHA tho (took combo course). Gotta take the test again.
The exam was (seemed) easy common sense. BUT I didn't know much about Phlebotomy. So it was like not worth it so I got to pay $150 to retest. But I kinda know what to study. This girl @the library had a exam review book from Ohio. So ima get one of those off Amazon. Hope this helps u.

Beauty Or Bust Payton in Detroit, Michigan said: Hi Roz,
I havent taken the exam but wanted to know if you have as of yet. I see you posted some months ago. Also what PCT program didi you attend and how was you experience?

Roz in Detroit, Michigan

30 months ago

Beauty Or Bust Payton in Detroit, Michigan said: Hi Roz,

Look at what BARB WHITTIER said on this forum, it was very helpful.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.