Anyone take Patient Care Tech online at a school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

JuliaBoo in Ontario, California

69 months ago

like us career institute? I enroll next week. Give some pointers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chiaroscuro in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

I don't see how it's possible to become a PCT online. PCT's usually have duties that require some clinical skill. This can't be accomplished on the computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Happy in Ontario, California

69 months ago

Yes, you do clinicals and they hire you after you're done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Benjala Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri

68 months ago

Happy in Ontario, California said: Yes, you do clinicals and they hire you after you're done.

did you take a pct training online @ us career institue? If so do they have a clinical rotation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kel0813 in Avon, Indiana

61 months ago

Im thinking about attending the same school nxt mo.
Could u tell me how it works out 4 u?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TEE in Fort Worth, Texas

60 months ago

Benjala Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri said: did you take a pct training online @ us career institue? If so do they have a clinical rotation?

I called admission and this is an online course, there are no clinical so that is a huge plus for PCT ,you must have clinical training before being hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JayNC in Triad, North Carolina

58 months ago

Has anyone started or completed this course? Any advice on it? I have a medical/ healthcare background and am trying to get on with a dialysis company and would like to know if this would help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fallon in Marietta, Georgia

56 months ago

I wanted to enroll in PCT but don't know how to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Tampa, Florida

50 months ago

Has anyone enrolled in this program? How was the "virtual lab?" How was finding a job afterwards?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cherilyn in Dayton, Ohio

50 months ago

chiaroscuro in Atlanta, Georgia said: I don't see how it's possible to become a PCT online. PCT's usually have duties that require some clinical skill. This can't be accomplished on the computer.

Well the actual clincials have to be done at a local hospital,however they can do the studying on-line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joshuajroberts in Ashtabula, Ohio

50 months ago

This is a growing field and yet I have found it very difficult to find a reputable institution to attend for hemodialysis technician training in Ohio. Owens community college, the largest community college in northwest Ohio is considering offering a hemodialysis program but will need a minimum level of interest before they will offer the program. Is anyone else interested in hemodialysis technician training in Ohio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

StephanieHarris in Pickens, South Carolina

39 months ago

can you sit for certification after doing the pct program at US career institute?

Ms. Phlebotomist in Sicklerville, New Jersey

37 months ago

Yes you can sit for the cert... I was looking on the website and they affilate with NCCT and NHA which are both national certification companies... I am NHA certified in Phlebotomy. I will soon sit for my patient care, but I am not sure which company I will do that with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jspark in Lawrenceville, Georgia

35 months ago

What is the outlook for pcts in Atlanta right now?

jspark in Lawrenceville, Georgia

35 months ago

Any advice on good schools in Atlanta, GA?

Betty Hughes in Durham, North Carolina

35 months ago

JayNC in Triad, North Carolina said: Has anyone started or completed this course? Any advice on it? I have a medical/ healthcare background and am trying to get on with a dialysis company and would like to know if this would help me.

Hi Jay,I was just wondering have you started to work in dialysis? i live in Durham, and having problems trying to get in clinic here, did you get certified as a P.C.T? Thanks Betty

JayNC in Baghdad, Iraq

35 months ago

No Betty. I didn't have any luck and had to return to Iraq. There's a Fesinius Clinic a few miles from my house so I'll try there again when I get home. I also have a background in water purification so I'm hoping that will help.

Betty Hughes in Durham, North Carolina

35 months ago

O you will get it, just applied, Water is one of the main part in Dialysis and you've Medical training, you're good,they need good people like you, let me know how it work out. I've been filling application out here and there, and I've experience,but I was fired from one clinic, because me an another employee had a argument, but at the time I lose my cool, it was about, how she was treating the patients, and I just wasn't going for it.They didn't want to hear what I had to say. But it's good, because I've favor in God, and he have the last word.Best of Luck to you in your future, keep in touch.

stephanie in Pickens, South Carolina

31 months ago

Did any of you all start attending US CAREER INSTITUTE??? Was it hard finding a job after taking an online PCT course?

med homas in New York, New York

17 months ago

US CAREER INSTITUTE is an accredited institute, however once you complete your training you will have to apply for certification exam which wil proof beneficial for you, try getting your certification from any one of the below

NCCA www.nccanow.com
NHA www.nhanw.com
NCCT www.ncctinc.com

maddie in Tampa, Florida

14 months ago

is it worth getting my PCT online? what school?

Chrissy in Tuckerton, New Jersey

9 months ago

I am already certified as an ECG tech and have sat for my phlebotomy test both with NCCT already. Does anyone know what if any classes I need to take to take the PCT certification?

Stephanie George in Jacksonville, Florida

8 months ago

Chrissy in Tuckerton, New Jersey said: I am already certified as an ECG tech and have sat for my phlebotomy test both with NCCT already. Does anyone know what if any classes I need to take to take the PCT certification?

You can take patient care skills classes and get certified as a patient care technician here is the link www.neihusa.com/programs-tution/patient-care-technician-pct/

Stephanie George in Jacksonville, Florida

8 months ago

Happy in Ontario, California said: Yes, you do clinicals and they hire you after you're done.

Yes having clinical skills is important, also getting certified on being tested on the basis of clinical skills and theory exam would also be a good idea, for info check this one www.nccanow.com/patient_care_technician_certification.html

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.