New Graduate HELP!!!! "EXPERIENCE REQUIRED"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

P. L. Andrews in Conyers, Georgia

62 months ago

I posted this on another thread. I figured starting a new thread would benefit all of us in this position.

I am a newly certified PCT. I took my NHA Exam and achieved a score of 92 on May 25th. I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of any medical facilities, clinics or (long stetch) a hospital that would let me volunteer or do an internship? It does not have to be a paid externship. I really just want the hands on experience. I am finding even with a CNA license experience is a requirement. I just want to get my foot in the door, somewhere. I am a hard worker and eager to learn. I would love to train or intern as a dialysis tech, but I would be grateful for any experience. I do not mind starting at the bottom and working my way up. I have applied everywhere and I keep running into "EXPERIENCE NEEDED"

Thanks so much for any and all input!! Best of success to us all!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Liesa,PCT in Covington, Georgia

8 months ago

Have just recently become a certified PCT. Have put in countless applications in the Atlanta area.
But everyone said they prefer at least one or more experience. This is very tiresome because how can you gain experience if you don't even get a chance

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Slim in Georgia

8 months ago

Liesa,PCT in Covington, Georgia said: Have just recently become a certified PCT. Have put in countless applications in the Atlanta area.
But everyone said they prefer at least one or more experience. This is very tiresome because how can you gain experience if you don't even get a chance

Where did you get your patient care technician certification from, which school? Good luck to you!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.