What are typical patient care technician salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 62)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

ava hastings in Cleveland, Tennessee

91 months ago

i have 15yrs. experince as an cna , i have tn, and ga. licenes what is my starting oay now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (187) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

Natalia V. Garcia in Miami, Florida

82 months ago

Please let me know what are the best pay patient care tech position with 8 years of experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (150) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Maruko in na, New York

77 months ago

What is the starting wage for entry level (no prior experience) ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (146) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Bethany, Connecticut

74 months ago

PCT's in my area range from $14.00 - $17.00 per hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Bethany, Connecticut

74 months ago

colissa pugh in Washington, District of Columbia said: i have 6years experience in cna.1year experience in gna,6months as a patient care tech.what should b my starting pay?

It really depends on your location, but in CT you would earn around $15.00 per hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Helen in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Hi Lisa,

I am will be finishing the pct course in November. What hospitals atleast start at $11 or more. I really can not afford to work for less that that amount. I would like to either work the 11pm-7am shift and also the weekends at anytime. I can work some 7pm to 7am shifts as well.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha in Fontana, California

73 months ago

I live in California and I finished the Acute care technician course in July 2008. Still jobless. My mother is a RN/Director or Nursing and ran into a friend that works in a hospital in my area. I hope to get an interview because finding work as a PCAs is pure hell. How can anyone get there foot in door????

natasha_hylton@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha in Fontana, California

73 months ago

Thanks for the information. I have been contacting medical staffing agencies and most require atleast 1 year of experience which sucks. I live in the state where they pay PCAs decent amount of money such as Los Angeles/Orange County area pays PCAs avg $13-18hr depends... I guess i will look up some local hospitals in my area but I'm in desperate measures right now and thinking if this is the field for me. I recenlty applied to several medical receiptionist and call center positions because I'm not getting any call backs at hospitals.
*sigh It can get frustrating

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gloriana frazier in Grand Prairie, Texas

73 months ago

i been a pct for 1year and i haven't found ajob and yes it is getting frustrating it seems very hard to to get in hospital iam wondering if iwaste my time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Melanie in Winder, Georgia

63 months ago

Lisa in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just started and am coming up on my 1 year anniversary. I started at 11 per hour with more on weekends and and call in pay at 15 per hour

Lisa where do you work I just finished PCT and need a job bad. Thank you if you can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AnnieB

60 months ago

Hello I'm interested in PCT but I know that sometimes some of these institute they're not accreditied I went to API- American Professional Institute n I'm looking into them, Is there anyone I would really appreciate ur comments r respond is there great schools that r accreditied n when I'm finish I can get a job n then move on from there please let me kno some good institute that I can attend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

AnnieB in Atlanta , Ga

60 months ago

Looking for a good institute for Patient Care Technician in the Decatur, Atlanta are please feel free to give me a heads up follower PCT thank u guys have a great day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie00 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

59 months ago

I'm about to finish around June for my pct, and I'll be moving to VA beach pretty soon, and i was wondering how much will i get starting off in VA, i have no prior experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Bronx, New York

57 months ago

Jackie00

Which school did u goto in elizabeth for pct and was it accredited and worth it....im in elizabeth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Johnson in Riverdale, Georgia

57 months ago

Lisa in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just started and am coming up on my 1 year anniversary. I started at 11 per hour with more on weekends and and call in pay at 15 per hour

I would love to know where you work at, I will be finishing my pct course in 3 weeks...and I just moved here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zikhona in Parow, South Africa

57 months ago

Hi Ilive in Gauteng province,i have working in the HIV/AIDS fIELD FOR 5 YEARS IN DEFFERENT PROGRAMMS,HOME BASED,HEALTH PROMOTION,PEER EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS AND THE FACILITATOR IN WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zikhona in Johannesburg, South Africa

57 months ago

zikhona in Parow, South Africa said: Hi I live in Gauteng province,i have working in the HIV/AIDS fIELD FOR 5 YEARS IN DEFFERENT PROGRAMMS,HOME BASED,HEALTH PROMOTION,PEER EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS AND THE FACILITATOR IN WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS

Where could you recomend me ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tigger in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

I work at st josephs childrens hospital they start at around 12.00 hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshuajroberts in Ashtabula, Ohio

52 months ago

This is a growing field and yet I have found it very difficult to find a reputable institution to attend for hemodialysis technician training in Ohio. owens community college, the largest community college in northwest Ohio is considering offering a hemodialysis program but will need a minimum level of interest before they will offer the program. Is anyone else interested in hemodialysis technician training in ohio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca

50 months ago

Hello,

I am looking to get into Dialysis as a Patient Care Tech. I am currently enrolled in a Medical Assistant program since there are NO affordable Dialysis programs in my area. I plan to complete my internship at a local Dialysis center (not sure which one yet).

My question is, Do you hink the Medical Assistant route is a good idea since there are Specific dialysis training programs in my area. Should I take a Phlebotomy course as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca

50 months ago

Natasha in Fontana, California said: I live in California and I finished the Acute care technician course in July 2008. Still jobless. My mother is a RN/Director or Nursing and ran into a friend that works in a hospital in my area. I hope to get an interview because finding work as a PCAs is pure hell. How can anyone get there foot in door????

natasha_hylton@msn.com

Hi Natasha,
What school did you attend in California? I am in the Bay area and currently looking for a school in Dialysis.

Thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen Ryan in Mcdonough, Georgia

50 months ago

AnnieB in Atlanta , Ga said: Looking for a good institute for Patient Care Technician in the Decatur, Atlanta are please feel free to give me a heads up follower PCT thank u guys have a great day
Hi I dont know if you have ound a chool yet but stay from Everest. I went there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anita Hinton in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I just sucessfully passed the Illinois state exam to become a certified patient care techician 11. I am looking for full time work, in the Chicagoland area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anita Hinton in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I just sucessfully passed the Illinois state exam to become a certified patient care techician 11. I am looking for full time work, in the Chicagoland area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

violet in Weslaco, Texas

49 months ago

intrested in patient care technician got any advice for me is it worth the time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

April in Tucker, Georgia

49 months ago

Hello, Lisa in Atlanta, My name is April and I just moved here from New Jersey and I have been trying to get into the hospitals and kno one has called me back.. Do u think u could help me get into where u work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BarbWhittler in Southfield, Michigan

49 months ago

I think the starting salary for pct's are around 14 per hour, and I know in the south the pay is a lot less.

Anonymous in Harrisonburg, Virginia

48 months ago

no experience is about 11 an hour

April in Tucker, Georgia

46 months ago

Hello, Lisa
I just moved to Georgia and I am a PCT and I also have a lot of nurse assistant experience, I have been applying every where and know one has called me back. I am getting scared that I wont ever get started. Do you have any advice to give me, on what other things I can do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elisha in Providence, Rhode Island

34 months ago

Finishing my PCT courses in RI, but am moving to California in a couple of months. I am wondering if PCTs are a huge need over there in cali and how much do they get paid?? Will I be able to transfer my certificate over there, is that even possible????

Sheila in Powder Springs, Georgia

33 months ago

Hey, I am hoping this is still a good email for you. I saw your post from many months ago. I got my certification in Nov. I was wondering if you could give me some insite on how you got hired at a hospital if that is where you are working? I have been trying but no luck. Did you have experience and if so where did you get it? Did you have to know someone in order to get hired? I am curious what route I need to take to get hired. I was told by my instructor that hospitals require your certification to be thru a particular association do you know if that is true.
I would greatly appreciate some insite on how to get hired at a hospital. Are you still a pct and do you like your job? Has the pay rate increased at a good rate?
Thanks,
Sheila

33 months ago

Does anyone know what certification tests hospitals or Dr offices require or prefer in ga? I took american phlebotomy association test, do they prefer one over the other?
Thanks, any info would be great!

Adrian Ingram in Lake Mary, Florida

32 months ago

April in Tucker, Georgia said: Hello, Lisa
I just moved to Georgia and I am a PCT and I also have a lot of nurse assistant experience, I have been applying every where and know one has called me back. I am getting scared that I wont ever get started. Do you have any advice to give me, on what other things I can do?

This may sound weird but volunteer at a hosptal in Atlanta. That way they will get to know you and when they have an opening i guarantee they will give the opening to you, due to the fact that you are already volunteering there. Try applying for wheel chair transporter or patient sitting. That will get your foot in the door so that you can step up to PCT. Hope all works out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrian Ingram in Lake Mary, Florida

32 months ago

Rebecca said: Hi Natasha,
What school did you attend in California? I am in the Bay area and currently looking for a school in Dialysis.

Thank you so much

Volunteer at the hospital first. That will get your foot in the door. This will allow the hospital to get to know you. It always works.

Brian in Satellite Provider

32 months ago

we are looking for a representative that would work for us from
home on a part time basis with a lucrative pay of about $500 per week.We are giving anyone interested the potential to make supplemental income and financial freedom.Would you mind the offfer?Mail directly to my email: loftygood@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Marietta, Georgia

32 months ago

Adrian Ingram in Lake Mary, Florida said: This may sound weird but volunteer at a hosptal in Atlanta. That way they will get to know you and when they have an opening i guarantee they will give the opening to you, due to the fact that you are already volunteering there. Try applying for wheel chair transporter or patient sitting. That will get your foot in the door so that you can step up to PCT. Hope all works out.

Thanks

Sheila in Marietta, Georgia

32 months ago

Adrian Ingram in Lake Mary, Florida said: Volunteer at the hospital first. That will get your foot in the door. This will allow the hospital to get to know you. It always works.

thanks

Jerzi in Bayonne, New Jersey

30 months ago

Brandi in Sedona, Arizona said: Gosh, I dont know but I know a few PCT's and after a year I know one that is making around 14.00 per hour. Not sure what a starting wage would be.

I started at 16.75 + 1.00 shift differential due to me working the third shift 11p-7a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Jerzi in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I started at 16.75 + 1.00 shift differential due to me working the third shift 11p-7a

With no experience in NJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

keeblelime in Deltona, Florida

30 months ago

Just wanna know the salary in orange and seminole county for CNAs and PCTs. Please let us know the salary in your city for these positions.

keeblelime in Deltona, Florida

30 months ago

Norma in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Hi im going to start PCT soon i already been certified as an CNA but my licenses are expired i had 11 years of experience so what are the starting pay?Are there any specific questions i need to ask my school?I dont want to work in the hospital so whats the best place to start. I need to know what my odds are if theres anyone can answer these questions thanks Tucker,Ga

If you can ge recertified then check with nursing homes in the buckhead area of atlanta. You should be able to start from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Here in Ga. you have to have your PCT certification, not just cna. Also they want you to have a certification as a dialysis tech. with experience. Before the economy they would train you but since the bad economy, they want experience.
I have my PCT certification and can't get a job because they want experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

It depends on the area you work in....how many employees... Here in nj it ranges... 17+

27 months ago

So you want to be a dialysis tech?

wattmaynot in Detroit, Michigan

27 months ago

Jerzi in Bayonne, New Jersey said: So you want to be a dialysis tech?

yes I do want to be a dialysis tech. I just finished my cna courses at Henry Ford Community college and in the process of getting my certification. My goal is to gain employment at a dialysis clinic like davita or fresnius which are the two major ones here in detroit. Maybe I should gain some experience at a nursing home or a hospital as a patient care tech first. Any suggestions

Araina in Hartford, Connecticut

23 months ago

Dawn in Bethany, Connecticut said: PCT's in my area range from $14.00 - $17.00 per hour.

HI i'm looking to start PCT/what's the differ in pctll WTBY,CT WHAT'S UP

Melissa in Aurora, Colorado

14 months ago

For those seeking employment as a PCT, working with Dialysis patients. Please visit Fresenius Medical Care website as employment is being offered nationwide for PCT's. The job is really in demand. Got for it!!!!

Cheryl in Indialantic, Florida

13 months ago

I have a Fla CNA license and finish my Phlebotomy/EKG tech training next week. I want hospital work but most require experience. I have home care experience, but no hospital other than my internship for Phleb. I hope to be hired as a PCT. Any suggestions for employment?

Di in Tampa, Florida

8 months ago

tigger in Tampa, Florida said: I work at st josephs childrens hospital they start at around 12.00 hr

Hey Tigger, was just wondering the pay for St. Joes haha and you answered it! I'm actually an LPN but do not want to do that anymore because all I can do is nursing homes, home care and Assisted Living. I know I would have to take a pay cut but I just want to get into a hospital again without having to go get my RN.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.