Interesting Situation..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

LambdaChi49 in Yorba Linda, California

57 months ago

I am current employee for Wells Fargo Financial. I have an interview at the end of the week for a Personal Banker position with Wells Fargo BANK. In any case, my current manager(s) do NOT know that I am interviewing. If anyone here is familiar with Wells Fargo Financial they know that the minute you say you're applying or looking for something else, you're pretty much CANNED. Will this be brought up during the 1:1 or group? My interview is in Irvine (for South Orange County). The GROUP and 1:1 interview are on the SAME DAY. How does this work? Does that mean they would offer/reject me the same day or shortly after? From what I was told they want someone to start by the 3rd week of the month (2 weeks from now). Seems kinda interesting as usually group and 1:1 are on separate days.

Anyone have a recent interview with WFB for the PB1 position? What was your experience? I appreciate all the feed back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt Sq in orange county, California

56 months ago

I apply to wells fargo personal banker 1 position in the begin of 3/2010 and the next week I got a e-mail to fill out personal survey. then the following week I got a phone call from a wells fargo recruiter call center rep and asked me four question like do you think you can meet a quota a week? and three other question then he said that he feels that I should continue with the interview process I had a group interview on 3/30/2010 at the corporate wells fargo building next to the orange county airport on the 11th floor. I interview with 10 people in my group including myself every guy except for one guy was wearing a suit and the girls where wearing dresses and looked professional. first thing you do is that you have a 5 question paper that you have to fill out at the table then one by one you have to stand up from your chair and say out loud the questions you wrote down. then you have open questions( 5 questions) that you should answer, but not required like have you every witness a unethical event at your previous job and how did you deal with. then the recruiter hands out papers that go over benefits and pay of the position. the paper says that starting pay for a personal banker 1 is 38k a year plus commission in south orange county CA. then the recruiter says that the they will let me know by e-mail if they wanted to continue with the interview process on Friday when I did the group interview Wednesday and the recruiter said if you where chosen that you have to set up a 5 to 10 min presentation in front of bank mangers in the central, south orange county area. that Friday I got a e-mail said that they did not pick me to continue. I hope this helps anyone out there applying for this position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

summer4me in Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Matt Sq in orange county, California said: I apply to wells fargo personal banker 1 position in the begin of 3/2010 and the next week I got a e-mail to fill out personal survey. then the following week I got a phone call from a wells fargo recruiter call center rep and asked me four question like do you think you can meet a quota a week? and three other question then he said that he feels that I should continue with the interview process I had a group interview on 3/30/2010 at the corporate wells fargo building next to the orange county airport on the 11th floor. I interview with 10 people in my group including myself every guy except for one guy was wearing a suit and the girls where wearing dresses and looked professional. first thing you do is that you have a 5 question paper that you have to fill out at the table then one by one you have to stand up from your chair and say out loud the questions you wrote down. then you have open questions( 5 questions) that you should answer, but not required like have you every witness a unethical event at your previous job and how did you deal with. then the recruiter hands out papers that go over benefits and pay of the position. the paper says that starting pay for a personal banker 1 is 38k a year plus commission in south orange county CA. then the recruiter says that the they will let me know by e-mail if they wanted to continue with the interview process on Friday when I did the group interview Wednesday and the recruiter said if you where chosen that you have to set up a 5 to 10 min presentation in front of bank mangers in the central, south orange county area. that Friday I got a e-mail said that they did not pick me to continue. I hope this helps anyone out there applying for this position.

Matt what questions did you have to ask and write down? just any random 5 questions? I too am in the process of a group interview and appreciate your advice thanks

Matt Sq in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

summer4me in Pennsylvania. It was not just any random 5 questions it was 5 questions that the WFB recruiter wrote down and you have to write down your answer then one by one you have to stand up from your chair and say what you wrote on the paper. the questions are why do you want to work at wells fargo? what makes you a good candidate for wells fargo? can you meet a monthly, weekly quota? things like that

summer4me in Pennsylvania

53 months ago

oh okay well thanks again.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.